How Stupid Can The Writers of Surveys Get?

ConnecticutMarc

From time to time, I get surveys that ask ' Can your 8 year old (for example) child take this survey?"  Are the survey writers so dumb that they think a young child can do a survey intended for adults?

• Like 1

Yeah, I especially love when I get asked that question, 5 minutes into a survey, then getting screened out, when they know that I don't have any kids, because I already told them that I don't have any kids.

Though really, it also just bugs me that any survey writers think we're going to go out and ask any other person to take their survey. Like, random Prolific survey requesters, you really think I'm going to ask a random coworker to do a 10 minute survey so I can get paid, or even funnier, my boss?!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, neminem said:

Yeah, I especially love when I get asked that question, 5 minutes into a survey, then getting screened out, when they know that I don't have any kids, because I already told them that I don't have any kids.

Though really, it also just bugs me that any survey writers think we're going to go out and ask any other person to take their survey. Like, random Prolific survey requesters, you really think I'm going to ask a random coworker to do a 10 minute survey so I can get paid, or even funnier, my boss?!

I get those as well. I also love when that question comes up after they have asked "How many people live there?" (1) followed by "How many adults?" (1)  and "How many children?" (0).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, melbourne_yankee said:

How about the ones that ask for your date of birth and start off with 2022 in the year field?

Hate that as well , especially when you have to scroll down to reach the year (in my case , 1956).

• Like 1

Not only do they ignore your up to date profile but the screening questions can be stale. Several years after virgin mobile shutdown, they are still listed as a cell service. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, it drives me crazy seeing my favorite-ever grocery store listed in lists of grocery stores they think I might have shopped at in the past 3 months... a grocery store that went out of business in 2015!? (RIP Fresh & easy. :()

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know I have seen some survey companies list Dominick's as one of the grocery stores, and they have not been in business for at least five years.  They were bought out by Safeway, which ran them into the ground, and closed all of the stores.  I got lots of great deals at their going out of business sale though.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

my latest  is the surveys for the employement company INDEED have half the survey in English and the responses for what you are selecting in Spanish.  I know enough Spanish to answer some of the questions, but not all.  So when they get the results they obviously will be worthless.  and it takes about 10 minutes to listen to radio ad after radio ad.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NFriday said:

I just did a bunch of surveys on Valued Opinions, and one of the Harris surveys was all in Spanish.  I did $14 worth of surveys on Valued Opinions, and they have a Christmas bonus, where if you complete three surveys, you get an additional three dollars.

Have seen that as well on other sites. Have even had ones that start out in English and midstream revert to a Spanish or French.

The other thing I hate , and am sure we all do , is when a survey goes through all of the questions , including the demographic questions , says "Thank you" , and returns to the originating site with "Sorry , that survey was not right for you" , resulting in DQ credits only. Hate wasting time!

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 3:39 PM, elsielc said:

my latest  is the surveys for the employement company INDEED have half the survey in English and the responses for what you are selecting in Spanish.  I know enough Spanish to answer some of the questions, but not all.  So when they get the results they obviously will be worthless.  and it takes about 10 minutes to listen to radio ad after radio ad.

I did a survey in Spanish one day and passed it,  got credit for it.  I don't speak Spanish. 

• Haha 1