Anybody familiar with Nelson recruiting?

NFriday

Hi- I got an email yesterday from Nelson recruiting asking me to update my proile.  I don't ever remember signing up with them.  I tried to update my profile, and when it came to cell phone providers, it did not list my provider, which is Mint, and it did not give another category to choose from.  This is not Nielsen.  Is anybody else signed up with them?  It sounds like they do panels.  The woman that started the company has a son and daughter in law that took over the company in 2000. 

I never heard of "Mint" as a telephone provider, but I am very familiar with Neilson. I believe they are recruiting again. In fact, I see something coming in the mail from them today via my informed delivery info. They normally study the media (TV and radio) patterns of the general population. Several years ago they contacted me by phone (don't know how they got my number either) and paid me via regular check in the mail every month for simply carrying a meter with me in my pocket everywhere I went. Somehow the meter only recorded TV and radio I listened to, but not normal conversations. This study lasted a good 2 years and was excellent supplemental income. In fact I earned well over $500 in a year with them, and even had to report my earnings on my taxes. It most likely isn't spam if you heard from them. I would def take advantage and participate if you are lucky enough to be contacted by them. I honestly do not know where they get our names and numbers from, but they randomly select people at times to participate in their media studies. Just don't give them any super sensitive info like your SS#

Oh crap, I wrote all this and realized you were talking about Nelson, NOT Neilson. Oops! I never heard of Nelson, but Neilson is indeed recruiting again. So keep an eye on your mailboxes.

Mint is fantastic.  I only pay $15 a month for my cell phone service.  They don't have any stores, and so that is why they are cheaper.  They have good customer service too.  The actor Ryan Reynolds is one of the owners of the company and does tv commercials for them.  The only catch is that you sign up for three months in the beginning, and have to pay $45 up front, and then when your three months are up, you have to sign up for 12 months upfront, and so $180 up front.  The got high ratings at Consumer Reports.  For $15 a month you get 4 GB of data.