Continual Misspellings and Improper Grammar In Surveys

Sandy21

I am a former teacher and grammatical and spelling mistakes jump out at me. I have noticed as of late that there are more and more mistakes in surveys. It drives me nuts and just shows you the quality of those that write surveys. 

Has anyone noticed an increase in  spelling and grammatical errors in surveys?  Guess its like everything else as almost nobody seems to  take pride in their job or do their job to the best of their ability, especially in government and big business. I run into this day in and day out, so much worse since the pandemic too.  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

I am a former teacher and grammatical and spelling mistakes jump out at me. I have noticed as of late that there are more and more mistakes in surveys. It drives me nuts and just shows you the quality of those that write surveys. 

Has anyone noticed an increase in  spelling and grammatical errors in surveys?  Guess its like everything else as almost nobody seems to  take pride in their job or do their job to the best of their ability, especially in government and big business. I run into this day in and day out, so much worse since the pandemic too.  

Same here. I was the editor for a newsletter for 8 years.

• Like 1

A lot of the surveys are written by people who do not speak English fluently. :" Few more questions and we good to go" sounds like it is written by somebody that is not fluent in English.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, NFriday said:

A lot of the surveys are written by people who do not speak English fluently. :" Few more questions and we good to go" sounds like it is written by somebody that is not fluent in English.

Or from the inner city.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 3:20 PM, NFriday said:

Everything  is outsourced nowadays. That way the survey companies can make even MORE money over and above cheating us!

• Like 1

These are marketing firms. They consume data and words, even junk english, still has value. So the results are changed from subjective value to qualitative value. They maybe trying to save money doing everything on mobile devices. The language, predictive word resources are terrible for mobile devices. 

• Like 1