Does anybody here live in Florida?

NFriday

I have been watching CNN tonight, which has been broadcasting live from Florida, and I feel so sorry for the people that live in the Naples and Fort Meyers area.  When I turned on Fox at 9:00 tonight for a few minutes, they were talking about how obnoxious the homeless were in NYC, instead of talking about the hurricane.

One hospital near Fort Meyers is four stories tall.  Yesterday, part of the roof fell off of the 4th floor, where the ICU is located, and the 1st floor flooded, and so they had to move everybody down to the second and third floor.  They still had 160 patients there.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I have some friends who live down there. Fortunately, none of them were hurt, but a couple had destroyed homes. I can't begin to imagine what they're going through there. My youngest sister used to live in Port Charlotte when Charlie hit that city. About a year later, they moved back to Wisconsin. I'll take a blizzard or ice storm anytime before having to go through another hurricane. I have been through a couple of them, and they are horrifying.

• Thanks 1