TREMENDOUS.COM DATA BREACH ALERT!

schludermann

I was alerted by a health studies and activity rewards provider, Evidation.com of a penetration of their rewards distribution management, Tremendous.com. While i was advised i was not part of the breach, give it time. So y’all should check your old emails for tremendous.com. Some of y’all might might have had rewards dispensed in the past. I also recommend checking every email address you might have ever used for registration at haveibeenpwned.com <no “a”. The reason for this is credential recycling. If some one figures out your name and places it to another email you’ve register with, they will try those old passwords. 

With the dramatic uptick in data breaches. Maybe a SP public service page for breached survey sites may become essential. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the heads up. I just used Tremendous to redeem a $20 Amazon gift card. The first time I ever used them. Never heard of them prior to that. I use a different email address for only survey stuff. I keep that totally separate from anything else.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

Thanks for the heads up. I just used Tremendous to redeem a $20 Amazon gift card. The first time I ever used them. Never heard of them prior to that. I use a different email address for only survey stuff. I keep that totally separate from anything else.

i think that many have used them  without knowing. Tremendous is a back-office operation. Which panel did tremendous provide the reward for?

i think that there maybe many individuals with inactive emails that maybe at risk of a credential stuffing attack  

having dedicated email account was a good choice.  I used a regular account  i am consumate at filtering mail on the apple platform, so mY inbox was not overloaded. I am migrating to a dedicated account.

• Like 1