Does anybody here lie about their income to become eligible for more surveys?

NFriday

Hi- I was wondering if anybody here told them that you make $100,000 a year, when all you really make is $30,000 when you do a $.50 survey?  There is no way that somebody that truly makes $100,000 a year, would waste their time with a $.50 survey.  If somebody does lie, then the data isn't reliable.  The same goes with lying about your age or the fact that you have children when you don't.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NFriday said:

Hi- I was wondering if anybody here told them that you make $100,000 a year, when all you really make is $30,000 when you do a $.50 survey?  There is no way that somebody that truly makes $100,000 a year, would waste their time with a $.50 survey.  If somebody does lie, then the data isn't reliable.  The same goes with lying about your age or the fact that you have children when you don't.

I agree there not getting accurate data

• Like 3

I lie about that all the time. When I started telling the morons that I make over $100,000 a year, I completed more surveys.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, NFriday said:

I am always 100% honest about everything with my survey-taking. Even though most survey companies don't really care about us and treat us poorly I don't feel that this is a reason to lie. It corrupts the data and makes what we are trying to do useless. 

Because I refuse to lie, I am thrown out of so many surveys and don't make as much money as I would like. But I feel it is the only way to go, to be honest about who you are. And I pride myself about being honest in my everyday life and I try to teach my kids to do the same.

• Like 4

Yes, I agree that lying corrupts the data, and occasionally I have market research panels that are looking for people on Medicare, and plus if I tell them that I am 25, and then I show up at the market research place, and they look at me, and realize I am not, then they can ban me from doing any more market research studies.  It is the same where they ask if I have done any market research panels lately, I always tell them if I have.

• Like 2

Well, I am not from a poor household, but being higher-income doesn't make much difference when you have the health problems requiring expensive prescriptions and frequent assistance from the paramedics like I do.  I can spend $20,000 for a week in the hospital just like that and know it because I have done so. I keep trying to be a productive  cit citizen, but it sure can be difficult when your life depends upon having medication that insurance isn't covering  just to stay alive!  You have no idea how close to the edge someone making over $100,000 could be living!

The reason I get invited to surveys despite the fact that I have no children (surveys are always looking for parents of minors) probably has a lot to do with the fact that I have been spending more on travel whenever I feel well enough to go anywhere because I have come to realize that I have been working endlessly and saving my life for later without realizing that there wasn't going to be a later.  When I do fudge the truth is when I am asked whether anyone in my immediate family works in the financial services industry.  The person closest to me in that business is not even a blood relative, but I still say yes and claim that in-law as immediate family.  That usually screens me out,  and that is fine with me because I refuse to give out any information on any surveys seeking fools with cash to uh, hum,  "invest".  Something tells me that they have got a bridge that they would like to sell me too.  Wouldn't you agree?

• Like 1

I am honest on what I do and say. Those who lie on surveys will eventually get caught and banned. These people also make it more difficult for those of us who are honest. How many of us who are honest have been kicked out of survey sites for no reason? It isn't fair, but it happens quite a bit, due to those who are not honest and all the 'bots. It just makes things harder. It makes me angry to think of those who are not honest. They wreck it for the 99.9% of us who are honest. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The people that cheat do not realize how it effects everyone else.  I would not be able to cheat, because they already know my age and my income.  If I suddenly change my age, they are going to know something is off, unless I open up another email account, and start another account with the panels with my new email account.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NFriday said:

The people that cheat do not realize how it effects everyone else.  I would not be able to cheat, because they already know my age and my income.  If I suddenly change my age, they are going to know something is off, unless I open up another email account, and start another account with the panels with my new email account.

It's not worth it to cheat like you said it affects everyone

You shouldn't be doing surveys 

• Like 2

On 10/16/2022 at 3:47 PM, ConnecticutMarc said:

I lie about that all the time. When I started telling the morons that I make over $100,000 a year, I completed more surveys.

I agree with @peach6. You shouldn't be doing surveys. People like you make it worse for those of us who are honest. It will come back to bite you in the a**.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not in recent years, because I don't think it would help matters tbh. Or at least it didn't when I tried doing that about 8 years ago.

I do find it amusing that some surveys have an option to enter your annual income as being anything close to 100k year, though. I mean, why would someone with that kind of salary waste their time doing surveys?

• Like 2

The only time I lie is when they don't give the option for the truth.I will also lie when they ask too personal questions, I will say I don't know or whatever middle  choice answer they provide.  I think most of them know people will lie in a survey and some news stories will say they don't know if people were telling the truth.  A lot of surveys lie when they don't provide the right questions or answer choices. They lie by getting people to say what they want to hear not what we really think.

• Like 1