Worst survey you've ever taken?

Oshawott

I've had a lot of bad experiences taking surveys throughout the years but today I might have dealt with the worst one yet tbh. A survey put me through about 5 minutes of preliminary questions asking me about which networks and shows I tend to watch, then had me watch a 2-minute trailer for a new show, and then made me answer open-ended text based questions about it. Which was already extremely tedious, but I did it.

Then to make matters worse it wanted me to watch 60 minutes of the new show while also continuously rating it on a little scale. And it did this without having previously told me that the survey would be this long. And then to add even more insult to injury, it was a low paying survey to begin with. I just closed the survey at that point because I sure as hell wasn't going to waste an hour for little pay off, assuming I'd even get paid at all because knowing my luck I'd get an end-of-survey error message anyways...

So what's the worst survey y'all have ever had to sit through? 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Oshawott said:

I've had a lot of bad experiences taking surveys throughout the years but today I might have dealt with the worst one yet tbh. A survey put me through about 5 minutes of preliminary questions asking me about which networks and shows I tend to watch, then had me watch a 2-minute trailer for a new show, and then made me answer open-ended text based questions about it. Which was already extremely tedious, but I did it.

Then to make matters worse it wanted me to watch 60 minutes of the new show while also continuously rating it on a little scale. And it did this without having previously told me that the survey would be this long. And then to add even more insult to injury, it was a low paying survey to begin with. I just closed the survey at that point because I sure as hell wasn't going to waste an hour for little pay off, assuming I'd even get paid at all because knowing my luck I'd get an end-of-survey error message anyways...

So what's the worst survey y'all have ever had to sit through? 

Have had those and always closed them out. Not worth the time involved for the payout and the TV show is usually a dud.

• Like 2

I've had so many abysmal surveys, there isn't really just one I can think of as the worst. But like some of you, I've had the ones where I had to watch an hour of some gawdawful TV show. I wouldn't do those for any money whatsoever. They are a total waste of time and a scam on survey takers. 

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever had one where I had to watch a whole episode of a tv show.  I had one recently with YouGov where they gave me a list of soccer teams, and I had to list my favorite ones.  I do not know a lot about soccer.  There were only three in the list that I recognized.  Usually I enjoy doing YouGov surveys, but this one I did not.  It then asked what I had watched yesterday, and I did not realize that they were only asking about on demand shows.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 6:12 PM, NFriday said:

I don't think I've ever had one where I had to watch a whole episode of a tv show.  I had one recently with YouGov where they gave me a list of soccer teams, and I had to list my favorite ones.  I do not know a lot about soccer.  There were only three in the list that I recognized.  Usually I enjoy doing YouGov surveys, but this one I did not.  It then asked what I had watched yesterday, and I did not realize that they were only asking about on demand shows.

Seeing as I am a football fan (soccer) from England, I'm curious as to the three teams you recognised, if you don't mind 

Any survey from you gov since I always find that they lie as to how long their survey will be when you click on it..it goes from a 5min survey to over 30 mins from cheap rewards

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The worst one I've done is having to put a finger from my left hand on the A key and a finger from my right hand on the L key while going through an endless list of attributes and clicking on the ones that I associate with a certain brand.  But before that they had a practice session where I had to click on words that are real and words that are not.  I was about ready to pull my hair out after that one.  If I ever see a survey like that again, I immediately back out.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jipsyjo30 said:

The worst one I've done is having to put a finger from my left hand on the A key and a finger from my right hand on the L key while going through an endless list of attributes and clicking on the ones that I associate with a certain brand.  But before that they had a practice session where I had to click on words that are real and words that are not.  I was about ready to pull my hair out after that one.  If I ever see a survey like that again, I immediately back out.  

Not a fan of that either , but have gotten used to it. I only see it on Kantar (Lifepoints) ones.

• Like 1

I get emails from Precision Research about potential market research studies.  I have done a few studies with them in the Chicago area.  I just got an email about a study taking place in Chicago and Dallas.  It initially takes place at Chicago and Dallas, and it pays $150 for the first part of the study, and $350, if you are eligible for the second part of the study.  I knew I would not be eligible, but I decided to try anyway.  It was a lifestyle and habits study.  They were looking for people who receive a stipend or financial help from their parents.  My parents have both been dead for over 25 years.  It does not give you an option to say that. 

• Sad 1

I always close out the worst surveys. Tonight I got a $0.40 survey, the first thing, they wanted you to retype a paragraph they provided, which in  something like a photo so you couldn't copy and paste it. It had nothing to do with the survey. I returned the survey and had the chance to say why I returned it.

• Like 1