Toluna Suddenly Suspended My Account

GW

Everything went fine until I redeemed 30,000 points for a $10 Amazon gift card.  The Toluna to redeem the points didn't have a link to redeem the gift card.  I notified Toluna and they sent a new email with the link.  I redeemed those points.  Also, I had another redemption for a $10 Amazon gift card.  I was able to earn over 60,000 points since Toluna was out of stock for Amazon Gift Cards for a while. 

Then I couldn't log into my Toluna account.  The "Forget Password' link never sent me an email to reset my password.  I sent an inquiry about that and then I got a reply that my account was suspended with the following vague reason:

Thank you for reaching out.

Kindly note that Toluna is always vigilant in maintaining our community’s integrity. Unfortunately, during our regular reviews, we’ve noticed issues with your account that could negatively impact the integrity of our processes. Our system has detected that you were performing an activity that contradicts information provided in your member profile or is not in line with our Terms.

As such, the panelist rights for this account have been suspended from our site and your earnings have been forfeited due to the violation of our Terms and Conditions. When participating in activities offered to you by Toluna and its affiliated companies you agreed to supply only true, accurate, honest, current and complete (collectively "Accurate") information. Unfortunately, based on our records, this requirement has not been met, and, subsequently your membership has been suspended.

Thank you for your understanding.

My second $10 Amazon gift card was now cancelled and the 30,000 points put back in my account that I cannot access.

What happened?

• Sad 2

Sorry to say this but you aren't the first and you certainly won't be the last person for this to happen to!  This sounds about par for the course with Toluna.  They did a similar thing to me in the past, but in my case I wasn't banned it was just the gift card I requested never arrived.  They put up some feeble excuse saying there were delays with certain gift cards, which dragged on for weeks and months on end.  Eventually I and most other users gave up assuming they were going under.  Looks like they are back from the dead and up to their old tricks!  Also on other sites, most Toluna surveys don't pay out to me either.  Avoid at all costs!

And I should add that they have no way of proving you have committed any breach of their protocols, it is just a lame excuse to avoid paying out to you.  And you can't DISprove it either unfortunately!  So they have the upper hand as they are in control and if they don't want to pay you, they don't have to.  Sucks but that's the survey life!  Just try elsewhere (ANYWHERE else lol!)

• Like 2

This is how large multinational companies pad their earnings, they get work for free by constructing a forfeit condition. 

i’m going to start a separate thread on panels and survey companies that have absconded  with members rewards and earnings. Past and present. Please add the companies that did this to Y’all and also the ones that have this in their terms. 

• Like 1

I quit Toluna over a year ago...found their surveys are worth nothing & takes forever to cash out at 30000 points at that time..might be more now don't know..but other sites I find are much easier & quicker to pay out 

• Like 2

On 11/17/2022 at 2:32 PM, GW said:

Everything went fine until I redeemed 30,000 points for a $10 Amazon gift card.  The Toluna to redeem the points didn't have a link to redeem the gift card.  I notified Toluna and they sent a new email with the link.  I redeemed those points.  Also, I had another redemption for a $10 Amazon gift card.  I was able to earn over 60,000 points since Toluna was out of stock for Amazon Gift Cards for a while. 

Then I couldn't log into my Toluna account.  The "Forget Password' link never sent me an email to reset my password.  I sent an inquiry about that and then I got a reply that my account was suspended with the following vague reason:

Thank you for reaching out.

Kindly note that Toluna is always vigilant in maintaining our community’s integrity. Unfortunately, during our regular reviews, we’ve noticed issues with your account that could negatively impact the integrity of our processes. Our system has detected that you were performing an activity that contradicts information provided in your member profile or is not in line with our Terms.

As such, the panelist rights for this account have been suspended from our site and your earnings have been forfeited due to the violation of our Terms and Conditions. When participating in activities offered to you by Toluna and its affiliated companies you agreed to supply only true, accurate, honest, current and complete (collectively "Accurate") information. Unfortunately, based on our records, this requirement has not been met, and, subsequently your membership has been suspended.

Thank you for your understanding.

My second $10 Amazon gift card was now cancelled and the 30,000 points put back in my account that I cannot access.

What happened?

This is an absolute disgrace. They are making up excuses not to pay you. I would not give up, keep emailing them and ask them to prove their lies, you never know, they might cave in.

I joined toluna many years ago when I first started doing surveys and gave up on them after only a few surveys, after realising how long it would take to get a payout, just not worth it.

This is a reason why I don't belong to any survey company where there is a high payout. Best of luck.

• Like 1

Some years ago I got banned from Toluna (and lost about £20) for some alleged violation of rules. When I queried they said several of their clients had complained about the quality of my responses

I challenged and said in their own rules it said on surveys there was no personally identifiable information, so how could their client say it was me?

No response

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Similar thing happened to me ages ago - lost all the points I had and my account was locked - no explanation - bizarre but I moved on - plenty of opportunity elsewhere

Doctors, please beware of a company called  "Phoenix Data Innovation" or PDI with an address in the United Kingdom. I did a survey for them and I Never received my payment. I made multiple attempts to reach them with no response. I believe that I have been a victim of a survey scam. Avoid Phoenix Data Innovation/ PDI

Doctors, please beware of a company called  "Phoenix Data Innovation" or PDI with an address in the United Kingdom. I did a survey for them and I Never received my payment. I made multiple attempts to reach them with no response. I believe that I have been a victim of a survey scam. Avoid Phoenix Data Innovation/ PDI.  By Gregg L. Friedman MD

I’m not sure what’s with all the Toluna shaming. As an Influencer/Panelist for many years now, I’ve never had a major issue, and the minor ones I did have, I reached out to Customer Service and my issues were addressed and/or I was advised what I had done wrong. 
So if I may share some advice (as Toluna is a fun site, and offers ample opportunity for some pocket cash): One, the first thing you need to do is answer your Profile Surveys, honestly and accurately. This is how they match you with survey opportunities. Secondly, be patient. There are so many surveys, that it’s silly to think you will qualify for them all. When you do qualify for one, take your time, provide thoughtful answers, and don’t lie to qualify for a survey, and you should do just fine. There are multiple quality assurance checks for a reason, and I for one am glad that Toluna weeds out the survey-taking-scammers, because those are the ones who ruin it for us loyal and honest panelists. And lastly, engage in the community through games, forums, contests, etc. They are a lot of fun, and it also shows Toluna you are an active, honest and contributing member to the Influencer community. 
I hope this helps!  

On 11/19/2022 at 6:15 PM, schludermann said:

i’m going to start a separate thread on panels and survey companies that have absconded  with members rewards and earnings. Past and present. Please add the companies that did this to Y’all and also the ones that have this in their terms. 

Did you start that thread yet??

1 hour ago, PPF78 said:

I’m not sure what’s with all the Toluna shaming. As an Influencer/Panelist for many years now, I’ve never had a major issue, and the minor ones I did have, I reached out to Customer Service and my issues were addressed and/or I was advised what I had done wrong. 
So if I may share some advice (as Toluna is a fun site, and offers ample opportunity for some pocket cash): One, the first thing you need to do is answer your Profile Surveys, honestly and accurately. This is how they match you with survey opportunities. Secondly, be patient. There are so many surveys, that it’s silly to think you will qualify for them all. When you do qualify for one, take your time, provide thoughtful answers, and don’t lie to qualify for a survey, and you should do just fine. There are multiple quality assurance checks for a reason, and I for one am glad that Toluna weeds out the survey-taking-scammers, because those are the ones who ruin it for us loyal and honest panelists. And lastly, engage in the community through games, forums, contests, etc. They are a lot of fun, and it also shows Toluna you are an active, honest and contributing member to the Influencer community. 
I hope this helps!  

You shouldn't try so hard, Toluna shill...it gives your identity away.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 12:59 PM, PPF78 said:

I concur, this looks like a shill. The account was created the day of the post, and there is no further activity. No posts, comments or even logging in. 

• Like 1