My husband passed away November 1

dawn_b_adams

It’s been awhile since I’ve been on here. I’m now working part time, as a crossing guard, 10 hours a week. That helps offset some of the income when I lost my husband’s social security. In addition, since I walk a lot between crossings, I am down one pant size already and hoping to lose more weight as time goes on. I have a high energy level now and sleep better. I love seeing the little kids every day. Today was the coldest day I worked so far. It was 2 above 0 with a wind chill of 16 below zero this morning. Thank goodness for thermal underwear and hand warmers. Makes all the difference in the world. 

16 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

It’s been awhile since I’ve been on here. I’m now working part time, as a crossing guard, 10 hours a week. That helps offset some of the income when I lost my husband’s social security. In addition, since I walk a lot between crossings, I am down one pant size already and hoping to lose more weight as time goes on. I have a high energy level now and sleep better. I love seeing the little kids every day. Today was the coldest day I worked so far. It was 2 above 0 with a wind chill of 16 below zero this morning. Thank goodness for thermal underwear and hand warmers. Makes all the difference in the world. 

Glad you are doing okay and that is great news about the job

Every little bit helps

On 1/30/2023 at 3:01 PM, dawn_b_adams said:

Sandy, I’m so sorry for everything you’ve been through. I can’t even imagine. The fact that you wrote this with only one working arm is amazing. Know that you are in my prayers. I’m so glad you have awesome kids to be by your side. Hugs.

Thank you for your kind words/ I continue to get better but it is so slow.

Again, thanks for your good wishes!

20 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

I am so glad that this job is a good thing for you! Keep up the good work. You remain in my prayers and good thoughts.

• 2 months later...

Oh, Dawn. I haven't been visiting the site regularly for a while so have only just seen your bad news. Your name is the most recognisable to me of all the regular posters and I've always enjoyed reading your comments and admired your tenacity. Please accept my deepest sympathies and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless.

• Like 1

Don't visit this part of the forum often, and just now learned of your sad news, Dawn.

My thoughts are with you and hope you are doing okay.

• 2 months later...

It is hard and it is slow. Best to you. My kids are also my comfort. Remember the good times. Sending hugs. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...