Survey companies need to pay more

footfree

For the amount of time it takes to do surveys it isn't worth it anymore. Everything and I mean literally everything has gone up in price except the pay. As for me I only do a few surveys and I'm thinking of quitting those. Same pay from 5 years ago isn't fair or right, not one of those companies would ever do a survey for the pay they give.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I tried to do a ton of surveys on Clear Voice, and all I made in over an hour was $.30.  Most of the surveys were from Your Survey, and I often answered the same questions.  It was really frustrating.  Yesterday there were few surveys, and I was only eligible for one $.50 survey on LifePoints.  I did get an email today from Fieldwork Chicago though about a market research study that I may be eligible for that pays $575.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Know what you mean. The incentives have not kept up with wage rates or inflation. Still making the same amount as 10 years ago. Being retired , I do have the time. But , it would be nice if the rates were more in line with current wages. $5 - $6 for an hour is not right.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NFriday said:

I tried to do a ton of surveys on Clear Voice, and all I made in over an hour was $.30.  Most of the surveys were from Your Survey, and I often answered the same questions.  It was really frustrating.  Yesterday there were few surveys, and I was only eligible for one $.50 survey on LifePoints.  I did get an email today from Fieldwork Chicago though about a market research study that I may be eligible for that pays $575.

Fieldwork or the ones you have to go into the office to do are the only kinds that are worth doing .

• Thanks 1

As an example of low pay , finally gave in and did the hospital survey where they ask hospital preference and who has the best departments. Haven't been to a hospital in some time , thus no preference. After a seemingly endless barrage of questions , up comes a screen saying "Just a couple more questions". Lost count at 30 - not exactly a couple more. The entire survey took over 30 minutes and paid a whopping $1. Not exactly great compensation!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, episemion said:

As an example of low pay , finally gave in and did the hospital survey where they ask hospital preference and who has the best departments. Haven't been to a hospital in some time , thus no preference. After a seemingly endless barrage of questions , up comes a screen saying "Just a couple more questions". Lost count at 30 - not exactly a couple more. The entire survey took over 30 minutes and paid a whopping $1. Not exactly great compensation!

I did that one a few months ago won't be doing it again way to long definitely not worth my time

• Like 2

5 hours ago, episemion said:

That horrible survey comes up quite a lot on different platforms. I did it once and never again.  Their "few more questions" turns out to be like 50 and another 15 minutes, often repeating the same questions over and over.  The writers of some of these surveys must be brain dead.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Steve2021 said:

That horrible survey comes up quite a lot on different platforms. I did it once and never again.  Their "few more questions" turns out to be like 50 and another 15 minutes, often repeating the same questions over and over.  The writers of some of these surveys must be brain dead.

Definitely won't do that one again! Noticed the same thing - a bunch of questions are repeated verbatim. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 4:20 AM, episemion said:

I have received that survey many a time, always a drag and then sometime get nothing

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 3:37 PM, peach6 said:

I did that one a few months ago won't be doing it again way to long definitely not worth my time

What about a survey I just did that took 35 minutes to complete and the incentive was 20p ($0.15) !!!!. The invite stated it would take 7 minutes and like you say there are just a few more questions,,, This really needs to be stamped out. I stuck with the survey until the end just so that I could say at the end how disgusted I was at the whole process but of course my comments just got ignored.