Anybody participate in Amazon smile?

NFriday

Hi- I know a lot of people here get a lot of Amazon GC from doing surveys.  This group that I sing with, we participate in Amazon smile.  When I make a purchase on Amazon I designate my choral group to be the Amazon smile recipient.  I think they get .05% of whatever I spend at Amazon.  If I spend $100 at Amazon, my group gets $.50.  I know it is not a lot, but it adds up if everybody in the group participates.  I just got an email from Amazon though, and they are discontinuing the program starting 2/20.  In the email, they said that they would like to give lots of money to a smaller group of organizations, than give just a little money to tons of nonprofit groups.  If anybody participates in Amazon smile, you should us up your Amazon GC before 2/20, so your nonprofit group benefits.  I think they are going to send every nonprofit in the program a check worth what they received in the last three months of 2022.   

I am trying to cash out of all my accounts that I can, so I have the money in my Amazon account to use before 2/20, although the most I will have is $300, and so my group will only get $1.50. We also belong to igive too, which usually pays more than Amazon, but I don't buy as much from any of the businesses in igive because I don't have gift cards for them.

Got this notice too. Also not happy about this but Amazon will still make significant contributions, just not to the same causes and/or the ones we chose.