Problems with Pay Pal

NFriday

I know a lot of people would prefer having their survey money go into a Pay Pal account, instead of Amazon GC.  I have a garden in one of the community gardens that I rent.  I order all of my plants from somebody who has fantastic plants, which do really well in my garden.  You order the plants online, and then you pick them up at the farmer's market in May.  I always order through Pay Pal, and Pay Pal takes the funds out of my debit card account.  I assumed it was safer to do it that way.  Last year when I ordered my plants, I went to the grocery store, and when I was paying for my groceries, I used my debit card, and my card got denied.  I tried it three times, and it still got denied.  I then called up my bank that Monday to see what was going on, and I found out that my bank froze my account because of suspicious activity.  I told them that I authorized the payment through Pay Pal, and they then unfroze my account.  I ordered lots more plants on Thursday, and I paid again through Pay Pal.  When I went to the grocery store on Saturday, I could not use my debit card.  It finally dawned on me that my account probably got frozen again.  I went to the bank again, and sure enough, my account got frozen again.  I asked the banker if the purchase would have gone through if I would have just paid directly with my debit card, and not go through Pay Pal, and she said yes.  She said they have had a lot of problems with Pay Pal.  I assumed it was safer to go through Pay Pal, and she said no.

• Sad 1

Does anybody else have problems with Pay Pal?  I emailed the person who I purchased the plants from to tell her about my problems with pay pal and my bank, and to suggest she switch to something else.  She got back to me, and told me that nobody else had reported having problems with pay pal.  She asked me if I had problems with other businesses and pay pal, and I told her no.  The only other times I have paid with pay pal, it was for a lot less money.  She then got back to me, and told me next time I can order plants from her, and then pay her in cash when I go to the farmer's market to pick them up!  I am just going to tell her that I am not using pay pal the next time I order plants from her, and just paying for it directly with my card.  When I do it through my card, she said there is something else it goes through, and I forget what.  Teresa also has a brother that is an organic farmer, and he comes to the farmer's market, and he is one of my favorite farmers to purchase veggies from.  His stuff is really reasonable, and is really good.