When they ask at end "Any comments about this study?" Do you ever thank them?

cricket

Sometimes there's nothing Ii want to say so I just say ":Thank you for a thought provoking survey" or just "thank you". Does anyone else do this? Mostly on Prolific because their studies are really great and I actually enjoy some of them a lot!

I got an email yesterday from Focus Group.com, and the majority of them I am not eligible for, but this one only took me 15 minutes to complete, and it was really easy and interesting, and they paid me $3.50, and so I thanked them, and said the survey was interesting.  I rarely do that though, because most surveys don't pay that much, and most are not that interesting.  I also did a YouGov survey which was awful recently, and I told them that, and why I did not enjoy it.  I got 500 points for the YouGov one.  A survey has to be pretty bad for me to leave a negative comment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Generally I type in "no further comment" or something along those lines, even if feedback is supposedly optional. On rare occasions if the survey was shorter than expected or enjoyable, then I'll say "thank you".

I do sometimes thank them and type, "Thanks for the incentive!" In general I sincerely mean it but it's also kind of like a "hint hint, wink wink...I hope I really get paid for this!"

• Like 1

A long time ago, when i belonged to YouGov, I'd leave a message saying..... survey was fine as long as I receive my points. 

They were notorious for not crediting me so I started leaving that message and it stopped. 

If it was a really good or interesting survey I might tell them that in the comments box.  But there are times when I really let them have it.  If this was a survey where they showed you a dozen commercials and other clips, when they really just want to know about one particular product, I tell them to "please stop wasting panelists' time with irrelevant information.  You would get better focused results asking questions about your specific product or advertisement instead of spending 10 minutes on irrelevant data. " It's not meant to be rude but to let them know that our time is valuable also.  Some of the things they ask just for a 50 cent survey is outrageous.

• Like 3

I usually tend to enter if there was anything that I might want to add in the survey. I remember doing 1 survey with OpinionInn where i mentioned something about their products which they did not ask.  So the team at OpinionInn came back for a follow up survey based on that 1 response at the end and it earned me $50 for a quick chat with the researcher.  From what i learned is that if the survey is paying good incentive you should be open in your response as the researchers will be checking each responses and if they find something interesting that could lead to more incentives.

Whenever they ask "do you have any comments about this survey," my answer is always one word: "Yes."  Hey - if you're going to ask a yes-or-no question, you're going to get a yes-or-no answer!  8-)

• 2 months later...

I generally leave it blank, unless I have actual comments. Or unless they make their comments field required, in which case, I leave the comment, "you should not make this comments field required". I leave that comment way more often than I should have to. :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, neminem said:

I generally leave it blank, unless I have actual comments. Or unless they make their comments field required, in which case, I leave the comment, "you should not make this comments field required". I leave that comment way more often than I should have to. :D

I got good typing "no" or "nothing".

I type a request to be contacted for in home product study opportunities. That I'd like to participate in those surveys as well. 

• Like 1