experience with getting cash from cheques

Katrien-V

I' like to hear your experiences with going with the cheques from the survey websites to the bank: did you have to pay extra's to be paid out? For example to put dollar into euro's?

Usually you are paid out in cheques in your local currency but unfortunately this is not always the case. I just received a cheque for $2 from brandinsitute and when I went to my bank they wanted £5 to cash it!!! they said to wait until I had a few, that added up to more than £5 when it would be worth my while to cash them all at once. I think its the currency conversion that costs the money not the actual individual cheque, i.e. it doesnt cost £5 to cash one cheque then £5 to cash the next one.....so I still have it in my wallet hopefully waiting for another to come along.....but I think I will wait a long time. If possible, its always better to opt for vouchers or BACS so you are able to get a direct incentive, cheques do take a while. Global test market takes 6 weeks to arrive in the UK after ordering....but no problems at all cashing it - this only takes three days

LizzieAnn