Your Website Suggestions

Administrator

Hello users,

As part of the new redesign, I'd like to get your input on how we can better improve the website. What new features would you like to see? Anything you'd like changed?

Please post your comments and suggestions here - you can be sure that someone will be reading them. :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1957horses

• idylatoo

• TSP1973

• sgontu

Hello users,

As part of the new redesign, I'd like to get your input on how we can better improve the website. What new features would you like to see? Anything you'd like changed?

Please post your comments and suggestions here - you can be sure that someone will be reading them. :)

I can only speak for myself but I like this website very much. It has a nice layout and is very user friendly. The colors are good and it is easy to understand unlike many other websites. If I think of anything I will let you know. A few people have posted on here that they had experience designing websites but I can't remember who or when it was posted. Maybe they will speak up on this matter.

I agree with gene55, this website is very user friendly, and the colors are great for the eyes, especially when one is on the computer a lot. I like the layout too, but perhaps something can be done where when one goes from the forum to SP's Panel Directory or Ranking Pages we don't have to login again. I jump back and forth between the two quite a bit and find it just a tad nerve wracking at times to keep logging in.

A while back, LizzieAnn had mentioned having a discussion board/page/room for birthdays etc., to encourage comraderie and friendship with other surveyers. I thought it was a nice idea, and I realize we have the survey lounge for things like that; don't know why none of us go in there. Not sure exactly what the gist of her idea is, but it would have been nice to have had a birthday wish from other people other than my immediate family the last 4 years. (lol) We're all too busy living life that we forget to slow down I suppose. I'll think on it somemore in all this spare time I have. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Some survey sites work great for some people and terrible for others. The normal suggestion for figuring out which ones work for you is to try all of them. It would be great if there was some way of steering people towards the panels that were likely a good fit for them based on their demographics.

Unfortunately, in able to do this you need:

1) (anonymous of course) demographic data on the users of each panel that manage to make money off the panel.

2) Some sort of tool to match the demographic data of a panel member to different survey sites

Getting both of these put together would likely be time consuming and difficult, but it would be an invaluable tool to those new to the survey taking community as well as those looking for new panels to join.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello users,

Yes. I think you should upgrade your forum up to a more professional level. It will cost some money but will be very attractive/eye-catching in my opion if you get the latest 3.2 IPB:

http://www.invisionpower.com/

Then a few people like Me prehaps :D and a few others moderate and keep the forums active and clean.

• 3 months later...

I just joined and love the site. one idea to improve the site. have a section were all the survey for one country are grouped together. i was looking for some new sites tonight and notice i was hitting alot of links for site from other parts of the world that did not want me as a panelist. also maybe delete a few of the site or move them to another section that have not any comment on them in over a year or two. since most of the one i found did not have current information posted on them. over all this is a great site. I would like to know how you come up with your power ranking though cause a few of the one you got ranked high on the list i would have arrested and put in prison for life.

• 2 months later...

1.The latest post should always be on the first page. I guess its the other way round. To see the latest message posted, i have to browse all the way back to the last page.

2. Any posts directing users how to qualify for surveys should not be allowed. Thats in gross violation of the terms and conditions from survey sites.

1.The latest post should always be on the first page. I guess its the other way round. To see the latest message posted, i have to browse all the way back to the last page.

2. Any posts directing users how to qualify for surveys should not be allowed. Thats in gross violation of the terms and conditions from survey sites.

1. at the bottom of the page you can switch from ascending to descending order.

2. we're not contracted employees of their company, we have free speech.

Thank You. I found the option.

Though we are not contracted, when you are getting signed up to these sites, you agree to the terms that you wont disclose information about the products or the surveys.

You can find the terms of disqualification and in the bottom of the email we receive as survey invitations.

Its ok to discuss which survey site is good and which one sucks but discussions about how to qualify and what kind of data is expected to qualify isnt really healthy for the surveying business.

The more manipulated the survey environment is, the less legit companies survive, the lesser legit survey takers survive.

At least i don't want Survey police to be a platform for that.

1. at the bottom of the page you can switch from ascending to descending order.

2. we're not contracted employees of their company, we have free speech.

Wish it would automatically go to descending so that latest input would appear first. I am always changing to descending.

Referral links are not allowed on this site. If you see a post that contains a referral link or that you otherwise think are questionable, the best way to handle them is to REPORT them. There is a button on all posts that allow any user to report a post. It's difficult to read every single new post every single day and users reporting things is very helpful for keeping this forum clean. It is the button shaped like a triangle with an exclamation point (!) inside it.

Also, there is no reason for the webmaster to change the layout of the forum. If you go into the user control panel you can change your display settings to permanently display the way you personally prefer.

Admin, The panel ranking (i m not sure if you could do anything), arent accurate at all. There are many undeserving candidates in teh top ten and many deserving ones out of it. Something has to be done to clean that up. The panel rankings can mislead new users.

I agree with gene55, this website is very user friendly, and the colors are great for the eyes, especially when one is on the computer a lot. I like the layout too, but perhaps something can be done where when one goes from the forum to SPs Panel Directory or Ranking Pages we don't have to login again. I jump back and forth between the two quite a bit and find it just a tad nerve wracking at times to keep logging in.

A while back, Lizzie Ann had mentioned having a discussion board/page/room for birthdays etc., to encourage camaraderie and friendship with other surveyors. I thought it was a nice idea, and I realize we have the survey lounge for things like that; don't know why none of us go in there. Not sure exactly what the gist of her idea is, but it would have been nice to have had a birthday wish from other people other than my immediate family the last 4 years. (lol) We're all too busy living life that we forget to slow down I suppose. I'll think on it some more in all this spare time I have. :)

Here I was beginning to think it was the 1957horses site since I always say something on holidays and NOBODY ever replies anything back. Like for April fools I told something a prank, who did you prank, who pranked you mad, happy funny. Then valentines wished all , people read but nobody writes back, Easter, kids egg hunt, kids help color eggs. That's what I thought it was for things other then surveys, got a new/old car?? brother getting married. any good movie you see. It's there to share other things you do. Were a family and I like sharing other things and have found a few people that we would pm with then turned out to be great pen pals with. We will send teacher focus groups share stories about families. There are some very awesome people here and everybody can use friendships. It nice I met a lady who does surveys when I WAS on a panel about women things and have for 2 years we type to each other.

Just a suggestion It's like when the bell rings and everybody is walking out of class and grouping up then bell rings again back to another class. Do you get my meaning?? I'm sorry I'm in hospital being bombarded with drugs so 9I might not be making since. It is to me though lol :shock:

Here I was beginning to think it was the 1957horses site since I always say something on holidays and NOBODY ever replies anything back. Like for April fools I told something a prank, who did you prank, who pranked you mad, happy funny. Then valentines wished all , people read but nobody writes back, Easter, kids egg hunt, kids help color eggs.

I don't know about everyone else, but I don't really celebrate holidays so such posts are irrelevant to me so I don't comment.