IPOS turned my account into Inactive!

TSP1973

Well about 3 months ago I was at about 530 points, according to their pay scale it would be worth $5.30. Well all of a sudden they stop sending me survey's, I keep logging in for over a month. So I got fed up and stop logging in for about 1 1/2 months. Then I logged in tonight and found my account was listed as inactive! :evil: I am NOT happy camper about this! I was not the one being inactive, they just stopped sending me surveys all of a sudden! So I sent them an email explaining that they have not given me any surveys for several months now and that I stopped logging in for a little over a month and found my account inactive. I told them I want it activated back with my points back on and to start sending me surveys so I could cash out. Of course they say it will be 2 business days to reply, but we all know that means 2 weeks or so! If they refuse to reactivate my account and give me the points back, then I will ask them to send me a check for $5.30 cents. If they refuse that, then it is off to the BBB and Ripoffreport.com! :D

Well I finally got a reply and here is what they said:

Hello and thank you for your message.

We would like to let you know that we have checked the status of your account and it seems that you have opted out from our panel on 6/8/2011 9:09:46 AM. Consequently, no other survey invitations have been sent to you, and your access to our panelists’ website has been restricted. According to our internal procedures, your account can not be reactivated after 45 days since you have unsubscribed from our panel.

If you had any points remaining in your rewards account, you could have redeemed them for up to 45 days after terminating your membership. After 45 days, all remaining points had been be forfeited.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Beth

Ipsos i-say Panel Team

I never opted out, so they are obviously scamming me. So I told them they have 3 days to reactivate my account and put the points back in or I will be contacting the BBB, Ripoffreport.com and making a post here. I have a feeling they will tell me no. Wouldn't surprise me these survey company's have lost their moral value over the past few years! :(

Good luck finding a address on them that you can file a complaint.I remember someone posting a problem with them but couldn't find a address to make a complaint.I want to say it was luckergirl.So if your having any problems like that I would PM her and ask her if she ever got her issue resolved and how she was to do it.Sorry but I really dont think they will take your threat seriously.They have always had a cavalier attitude towards us survey takers.

Well it has been 5 days since my last email sent to them and still no response and the account is still inactive, I even gave them 2 extra days and they still did nothing. :( So I sent them a final email and this is what I said to them.

I have given you more than enough time to fix this matter and you have yet to do anything about it. It is very disturbing that a company like yours would cheat someone out of a few dollars. It is very sad to see that your company has no morals or values. As I promised in my last reply to your company regarding this email I would report you to the BBB, ripoffreport.com and make a post about how your company screwed me over at Survey Police Forums. I will be doing that this morning.

Thank You for being Dishonest to a loyal panelist

Tracy

I dought they will do anything, but figured I would give it a shot. I will be filing a report today, just have to find out where they are at. I think I have filed with them in past on BBB, but can't remember. Thank You Footfree for the info, I will PM Luckergirl today about it so see if she was the one. Anyways if anyone knows their address and city please send me a PM.

Thank You

Found them at the BBB, didn't have to go searching for the info after all! :D Here is their Contact info if anyone else might have a problem with them!

i-say Panel aka

Ipsos NPD Inc./Ipsos Insight Inc.

1600 Stewart Ave.

Westbury, NY 11590

Well it looks like after my last email they decided to reopen my account and start sending me surveys with them again. Not sure, but I think I will just go to the cash out point and then just stop with them? I can't remember the name of the survey company they teamed up with, but I heard it was just a complete scam company. Ever since they teamed up with them they have gone way down hill.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I finally got a reply and here is what they said:

Hello and thank you for your message.

We would like to let you know that we have checked the status of your account and it seems that you have opted out from our panel on 6/8/2011 9:09:46 AM. Consequently, no other survey invitations have been sent to you, and your access to our panelists’ website has been restricted. According to our internal procedures, your account can not be reactivated after 45 days since you have unsubscribed from our panel.

If you had any points remaining in your rewards account, you could have redeemed them for up to 45 days after terminating your membership. After 45 days, all remaining points had been be forfeited.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Beth

Ipsos i-Say Panel Team

I never opted out, so they are obviously scamming me. So I told them they have 3 days to reactivate my account and put the points back in or I will be contacting the BBB, Ripoffreport.com and making a post here. I have a feeling they will tell me no. Wouldn't surprise me these survey company's have lost their moral value over the past few years! :(

WOW!! Exactly what happened to me! I tried logging in one day after not hearing from them forever and it would not accept e-mail/password. I got the same reply but it also said I could NOT rejoin the panel.

Well it looks like after my last email they decided to reopen my account and start sending me surveys with them again. Not sure, but I think I will just go to the cash out point and then just stop with them? I can't remember the name of the survey company they teamed up with, but I heard it was just a complete scam company. Ever since they teamed up with them they have gone way down hill.

I do know that I tested some shampoo/conditioner for Ipsos through Surveyhead. If they teamed up, might explain some of the problems people are having. Just a thought.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I have the same trouble, and i Know for a fact I didn't choose to become inactive, so there is an error on their behalf. Makes me so mad. I have been with them for years, and now all of a sudden it is crap. I will take a 45 minute survey and then they will say i am not eligible. Really???