beginsurvey

Dantheman

Anyone have any experience with begin survey?

I recently got my first invite from them, but I noticed some peculiar things

It takes me to a link for a survey off the site

http://64.78.45.101/rail/beginsurvey.asp

I would expect it to take me to a registered site like http://www.beginsurvey.com/

hotmail advises me it may be a phishing scam

I'm a little paranoid anyway

I sent the email to their staff to verify (using website at surveypolice.com)

----------------------

this is the email:

BeginSurvey -- New Survey for Cash!‏

High riskThis message may be a phishing scam. Learn more

Sent: Mon 9/08/08 7:48 PM

Reply-to: [email protected]

To: [email protected]

Hello BeginSurvey Panelist,

If this is your first invitation to participate in one of our surveys, welcome! You are now part of a valuable group of people who help companies improve their products and services.

Please note that you will NEVER be asked to buy anything and your name/email will NEVER be sold/rented to other companies -- your privacy and time is important to us.

As you might remember from your confirmation notice, we offer both a sweepstakes entry and Reward Points** for participating in our online surveys. This means that besides the cash prizes being awarded for this survey (see details below), you earn Reward Points** for additional cash pay-outs every time you complete one of our surveys.

A survey is available THIS WEEK ONLY. This is a research study that can be completed by HOMEOWNERS who RESIDE in the United States. Please note that qualified respondents must also think about building or upgrading an outside DECK in the next 2 years. Again, this is NOT a sales presentation -- this is a RESEARCH PROJECT where opinions of people thinking about building/upgrading outside decks are needed. You should also think about new HANDRAILS that are available for decking.

This study is only about 10 minutes long and you will earn 3 Reward Points**. It's important to not rush through the survey. Even though several screens will look the same, there are differences in the images that you'll be asked to evaluate. Please take your time because the survey really is quite short. Thanks in advance for your careful examination of the images you'll be asked to view.

There are only 50 people needed to complete the survey. If you are one of the people who complete the survey, you will be entered into a sweepstakes with the following cash prizes: (1) Grand prize of $500, (1) 1st place prize of $250, and (10) 2nd place prizes of $25.

With only 50 people needed and 12 cash prizes being awarded, you have a good chance to win some money immediately.

Click the following link or copy-and-paste the information into your browser:

http://64.78.45.101/rail/beginsurvey.asp

Thank you very much!

Staff at The BeginSurvey Company, Inc.

NOTE: If you wish to cancel your membership in our research panel and stop receiving the email invitations telling you when surveys are available to complete for cash, please send an email message to [email protected] and put the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line -- thanks.

**Reward Points are recorded for each survey that you qualify for and complete. Cash and awards are available at several levels of earned Reward Points starting at eleven (11) points. You can choose to receive a PayPal payment, Amazon gift certificate, or have a paper check mailed to your address. You will receive an email when you've achieved a certain Reward Points level to see how you want to redeem your award.

The BeginSurvey Company is a subsidiary of A.Tent Data Processing and our mailing address is Box 490, Blackwood, NJ 08021.

• 2 weeks later...