Why did you decide to start taking surveys?

jenlloyd2005

So just out of curiosity, what is the reason you all started taking the surveys?

I clicked on an ad for a paying survey company from Facebook, I think Synovate, and decided I would give it a wing and see if I could make a little extra money for like gas or fun or something. Still waiting to accumulate 5000 points from Synovate, but glad I've found Survey Police because it's helped me out tremendously finding other good survey companies!

I'm in graduate school and don't have time to go out and get a regular job. I have so much studying to do that I wanted to try and earn some money in between my online classes.

I've earned $18.30 from Opinion Outpost, mysurvey earnings aren't quite up to $10.00, and will earn a gift card from Amazon.com after completing the third part of a test product evaluation.

Ever learning,

teachell

I really don't know. I guess it started three years ago. I was bored and googled "make money online." Joined up for a few companies, got scammed, and am now earning about $400 with surveys.

$400, that's good

---

My company technically will fire me if I get a second job, but I enjoy making extra cash in my spare time. It saves me from getting a second job and lets my wife stay home and chase after our boys. she does some of the surveys as well.

Paid emails, surveys, get-paid-to offers, secret shopping, and I'm still looking into some other things.

I originally started to earn extra income then decided to use it for a much needed vaca.I need the extra income even though I'm still saving my survey money for the vaca.I like to know how to make $400 a month doing surveys.The most I make is $150 a month and sometimes and most as little as $40.00.

I usually plan on cashing out for Christmas shopping... that's hard to budget for sometimes.

I first started doing surveys for fun but now it is a necessesity.

Until July I had 2 jobs, one at weekend and one mon, tues, wed, but I was made redundant from the weekend job and can't find anything that will fit in with the during the week. So the money is coming in very, very handy.

I am using vouchers I earn to treat myself to books and DVD's and wil also use to buy Xmas pressies with and the cash I am saving up to pay for my much needed holiday which has to be paid in November, so time is short. I wish I could make £200 each month to make up on lost wages but I'm realistic and know it won't happen, so I'm happy with £20 upwards.

I'm with kell.b and jellyfish on this. I changed jobs and am making about half of what I was a few years ago. Every little bit helps. If I get an Amazon voucher, I try to use it for something practical but occasionally will treat myself.

I'm with kell.b and jellyfish on this. I changed jobs and am making about half of what I was a few years ago. Every little bit helps. If I get an Amazon voucher, I try to use it for something practical but occasionally will treat myself.

Same here - and I've already decided from this point on, any that I get the rest of this year will be put toward Christmas presents. Times are tough.

That's a really good idea to save up for Christmas presents! I think I might seriously consider that too! I just wish that some of these companies valued our time more.

That's a really good idea to save up for Christmas presents! I think I might seriously consider that too! I just wish that some of these companies valued our time more.

Thanks! :D I only wish I was raking in the Amazon GC's the way I was earlier in the year & last year. Not that I got tons, but certainly a lot more than now. I honestly think that survey companies are cutting back.

I hope they start to pick back up eventually! It sounds like a lot of us just need the money/rewards. I am happy because Survey Spot seems to be doing well in that I'm making a decent amount from them... I'm surprised because I get so many non-paying surveys from them, but I guess their paying ones really add up fast!

A good few years back I used to do competitions - you know, slogans, etc., and I was pretty good with words (she said modestly :oops: ) so won quite a lot. I then got a computer and joined up with a comping online forum and had a great time entering online competitions, my best win being £1000 worth of Woolworths vouchers which arrived in November and I had the best Christmas ever....this was about 6 years ago. One thing led to another and online comping turned into online other ways to make money and I did the odd survey here and there and realised it was much much better to do surveys and get guaranteed incentives like money and vouchers and products to test than waste my time on competitions which millions of people entered and I had only a slim chance of winning. Now I earn more than I ever earned on competitions (but having said that, my stereo which I am listening to right now was won with Weetabix a good few years ago and I could never have been able to afford to buy that with my survey earnings!!) and I love the survey experience.

I love the feeling of knowing that in however small a way your opinion matters, and often we can see the shape of things to come when we find out about new products coming out before other people. I love being a consumer and shaping new products and doing product tests and doing something you really enjoy is great, the incentives are a bonus. You could say the money helps, but that is not really why I am in it.

Yes, from now on Christmas is what counts. I have two teenagers - pity me!! We have one item in our Christmas box already and this was bought with my final two cheques from Surveyspot (bye bye SS, may you rest in peace!) and today I received £30 worth of Capital Bond vouchers for my food diary and that is going to be spent in Woolworths towards Christmas too.

I did a little addition yesterday, and discovered I have a total of £145 due to me in cheques, cash and vouchers over the next month, so yes, I do think I am doing well.

LizzieAnn :D:D:D