How do YOU make money online?

idylatoo

As more and more survey sites decrease their survey rewards and become less worthwhile, I have been looking for other ways to make money online. I cannot do the call center work as anyone would hear either the dogs or the cats over the phone (yes, I have a VERY loud kitty - she snores like a freight train!). I still keep up with a few survey sites and two GPT sites, but like most people, I'd like something a bit more steady and profitable.

So my question for those of you who do surveys to supplement your work at home income - what is your main line of income?

• Like 3

Hey there,

I am doing online surveys for almost 7 years now. Fortunately, I have a full time job so this is just for some pocket-money on the side.

I totally agree that online surveys sites decreased their incentives dramatically during the last years. One of the best examples is GlobalTestMarket. I think they are still one of the better sites but I remember times when every survey paid at least 50 points ($2.50) and you got 5 points ($0.25!!!) for every survey you don't qualify. Now they pay between 30-40 points for most of their surveys and you are lucky if you get some sweepstakes tickets for surveys you don't qualify. Same changes could be seen with mysurvey, Ipsos, Toluna, and almost all other sites. Obviously, the reason is that because of the financial crisis and increase in unemployment so many people signed up with survey sites that they don't have any problems finding survey takers even with lowering their incentives. Anyways, in the past I had overall hourly rates of more than $5 an hour with survey sites including the time I spent for surveys I didn't qualify. This was lowered to below $4 during the last years. I don't know if you can confirm these rates if you take all the time you spend with online surveys into account.

Regarding your question, during the last few month I broadened my source of online income. Online surveys still play a big part but I found some other sources too. First, I use paid-to-click (PTC) sites to supplement my hourly rates while taking online surveys. For everyone who doesn't know, PTC sites pay you for clicking/reading/watching online ads. Clicking at the ad usually opens a new tab with a timer. When the timer is up (5-90 sec) you get credited some money. Usually, this is just a fraction of a cent so doing this alone makes no sense as the hourly rate would be below $1. What I am doing is to answer surveys and click PTCs in parallel. I use PTC sites where it isn't required to run the ad in the active window. While answering surveys the ads run their timer in the background. Every few questions I switch tabs and click some more PTC ads before going back to my surveys. With doing several PTC sites in parallel I am able to get back to hourly rates of $5 with surveys and PTC combined.

Secondly, at PTC sites the real money is earned with having referrals. To get a lot of referrals, you have to spend money for advertisements though. I don't do this but there are some free methods to get at least a few referrals to these sites and that's what I do. My numbers of referrals are not in the hundreds but I have a few active referrals at each site and that also supplement my online income.

And third, I am always looking for other opportunities to make some bucks online. For example there is an easy way to take advantage of Worldwinner.com's deposit bonuses. Worldwinner is a site providing so called skill games for money. I don't think you can be a reliable winner at such sites but the deposit bonuses are nice to make some money with very low risk (although there is always the risk of losing it). These are just around $10 a month though as you don't always get these bonuses and if you get them they aren't very high.

As you see, I don't have one "main" source of online income right now but several smaller ones. As I do all this on the side while working full time, that's the way to go for me. Currently, I am thinking of a way to accelerate my effort. The plan is to build a intermediate sized team or group of like-minded people who inform each other of new opportunities, build their downlines together in new programs, and give tips or advices. In a few weeks there will be a new online community about making money online starting which will have up-to-date social media tools. I plan to build that team there but if anyone here is interested in this, just PM me and we can try working together right now.

Cheers,

Xmas

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can also go to Poker Stars or many other gambling sites and deposit money and stand a much better chance of making money! You can also buy lottery tickets online. Good luck with this because you will need it.

• Like 2

Hello gene55,

Was this an reply to my answer? If so, what part is it you disagree and why do you think that way?

Regarding PokerStars, I would love to put money on that site but unfortunately the land of the free stopped my from doing it April 15th last year. I don't think poker is gambling in the traditional way though and it looks like we disagree there as well. :wink:

Cheers,

Pocket-Money

• Like 1

Hello gene55,

Was the an reply to my answer? If so, what part is it you disagree and why do you think that way?

Regarding PokerStars, I would love to put money on that site but unfortunately the land of the free stopped my from doing it April 15th last year. I don't think poker is gambling in the traditional way though and it looks like we disagree there as well. :wink:

Cheers,

Pocket-Money

I play there sometimes but if you don't know how to do it, ask them, they will be more than happy to help you. The money is moved through off shore accounts, much like the 1% of the people in the US. And regard to your comment about playing poker, and it not being gambling, I would love to play a hand or two with you!

• Like 1

You can also go to Poker Stars or many other gambling sites and deposit money and stand a much better chance of making money! You can also buy lottery tickets online. Good luck with this because you will need it.

Heh. I agree with you on this one. Most online game sites have it in their TOS that they are under no circumstances required to reimburse you. So if you just paid them $50 the day before they folded, they are under no requirements to return your $50. I learned that lesson while playing a game that DID fold. I was lucky to learn from the mistakes of other players who were still asking for refunds months later to no avail. The only online site I trust to leave a few dollars in is my paypal account!

To answer my own question:

I started out doing surveys and now that most of them are not worth the time, I spend most of my time on Swagbucks. I also use a site that pays me to post on other forums (not including this one!!). Lastly, I do some freelance writing. I have been slacking on all three since the holidays between being busy and now being sick - UGH. But I am slowly working my way back into a routine. I also keep up with SuperPoints just because it's so easy, but I don't have any referrals over there so there won't be a payout there for me anytime soon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I try to multitask as much as possible because of the lower survey rewards.

I run apps on my phone such as

1. Viggle for Lowes cards, I average about $1 per day for just a few minutes of my time checking into the bonus shows - this runs in the background so I can do something else on my phone at the same time.

So I will have either of the following running at the same time as Viggle, so my phone is nice and busy all day.

1. AppTrailers and click the 5 point app ads until they run out. I usually get a $1-$2 a day, but sometimes the 5 point ads do not reset for a day or two though, so I can't run it every single day. I usully manage every other day for about $20 a month. 10 points is 1ct.

2. BambooWallet iOS/JunoWallet Android and click their penny videos until they run out

3. SBTV app and leave this running until I have maxed out my 50 Swagbucks for the day.

On my computer I try to run some sort of paid ad's and videos in the background such as

1. Swagbucks TV, I've heard people being banned for running SBTV app along with watching Swagbucks videos in their browser, so I try to avoid doing these two together.

2. Inboxdollars have videos and ads which usually reset daily

3. Cashcrate has occasional ads that reset every couple of days

4. ZoomBucks also have occasional ads that reset every few days

Then for my main 'income' I will complete surveys with Ipoll and Opinion Outpost, and also do tasks with MTurk.

So although I might only be earning $3-$6 an hour from the surveys or tasks, with a few things running in the background it might add an extra $1 per hour for me. I try to look at my time vs my earnings in a methodical way. You can go round and round if you want minimum wage, but for me the cost of transportation/childcare and other expenses mans I can earn as much 'disposable income' through this method as I would have if I went to work full or part time somewhere in a traditional job. So as long as I can try to maximize my money for my time, I am pretty happy :)

• 7 months later...

I do a lot of things online for extra cash. Just as others mentioned, the apps running in the background, surveys and GPT sites. I found a writing site last June called Bubblews. Minimum payout is $50 but it's very similar to Facebook. Only you get paid instead of the company. Every view, like and/or comment earns you $.01. It seems like it'd take forever but it adds up fast. I usually average $100-150 a month here. It's my main source of online income.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi- I do some grocery apps besides doing surveys. I am a member of snap by groupon, saving star, and checkout 51. I also belong to ibotta, but I have not done anything with that yet. Ibotta requires you to have a smart phone, but none of the rest of them do. There are also a few apps that I have not signed up for such as Berrycrate that also require you to have a smart phone. My problem is that I don't have a large family, and I don't eat a lot of processed foods, and so Saving Star is the only one I have been able to cash out on. Checkout 51, it seems like most weeks the only reward I ever qualify for is the $.25 back on bananas, and you have to accumulate $20 before you can cash out. Right now I have $10.25 in my checkout 51 account.

• Administrator locked this topic