why Toluna?? why??

theskyhunter

As far as survey sites and changes go, I think I can deal with this...all things considered. :lol:

I can still get a check, their payouts seem to still be about the same, and I like the cool blue color scheme much better than the orange since it's a bit easier on my eyes. I actually don't mind the virtual gifts - they cost very little in terms of points and if I had a friend on the site, I'd totally send them an item every now and then. I LOVE sites with virtual items - no, they aren't 'real' gifts, but they're still a nice gesture to perk up someone's day every now and again. When it takes 60k to get a check, a few hundred points here or there really aren't going to be a huge difference in the end.

I've stuck with Toluna simply because I can kill time on there when I'm bored and still earn points when I don't feel like doing much else.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• footfree

• 1957horses

• idylatoo

• peach6

Yes by all means spend your points on things that aren't real so it can take you even longer to cash out.You do that know points expire on this site?Let's say you take a survey on 9/25/11 for 2000 pts. and if that same 2000 points is in your account on 9/25/12 it has expired and they deduct that amount from your account.You would have to cash out before the 25th of Sept .to make sure you don't lose those points .

On another topic -I did find the poll questions and my theory is they have lowered the point value on surveys to make up for the points they give you on the poll questions.Just a theory as to why they have sunk down so low in pay.

footfree

I was never a big fan of Toluna but when I wouldn't be getting a lot of other surveys I would go there and click on every poll I could and also try to do as may surveys I could qualify for and for a long time I was able to cash out for a 20.00 a month although it wasn't always easy but now I don't think I will be able too.I am not going to spend my points giving virtual gifts SORRY

Yes by all means spend your points on things that aren't real so it can take you even longer to cash out.You do that know points expire on this site?Let's say you take a survey on 9/25/11 for 2000 pts. and if that same 2000 points is in your account on 9/25/12 it has expired and they deduct that amount from your account.You would have to cash out before the 25th of Sept .to make sure you don't lose those points .

On another topic -I did find the poll questions and my theory is they have lowered the point value on surveys to make up for the points they give you on the poll questions.Just a theory as to why they have sunk down so low in pay.

Yes by all means spend your points on things that aren't real so it can take you even longer to cash out.You do that know points expire on this site?

No, I had no idea. :roll:

I'm pretty sure anyone is free to spend their points however they choose. A few hundred points here or there every now and then isn't going to prevent me from cashing out within a YEAR. And, as I said, IF I HAD a friend on the site, I'm pretty sure it'd be worth the few hundred points to put a smile on their face if they're having a rough day. A whole whopping 120 points for some fake ice cream or 250 for some fake flowers isn't going to make a HUGE difference in when I accumulate enough for payout. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's more economical than actually buying real Ben & Jerry's or real flowers from FTD.

But thank you for your concern. :wink:

Have the points increased for the poll questions? They seem about the same to me as they were before the new site design.

Yes by all means spend your points on things that aren't real so it can take you even longer to cash out.You do that know points expire on this site?

No, I had no idea. :roll:

I'm pretty sure anyone is free to spend their points however they choose. A few hundred points here or there every now and then isn't going to prevent me from cashing out within a YEAR. And, as I said, IF I HAD a friend on the site, I'm pretty sure it'd be worth the few hundred points to put a smile on their face if they're having a rough day. A whole whopping 120 points for some fake ice cream or 250 for some fake flowers isn't going to make a HUGE difference in when I accumulate enough for payout. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's more economical than actually buying real Ben & Jerry's or real flowers from FTD.

But thank you for your concern. :wink:

Have the points increased for the poll questions? They seem about the same to me as they were before the new site design.

I didn't say they lowered the points on poll questions.I said they lowered the points on surveys to make up for the points they are giving on poll questions,plus I said it was a theory .It takes a long time to acquire 60,000 points when most of their surveys are for 1000,2000 and or 3,000 points.

By all means spend your points anyway you like but be aware of the rules set forth by survey companies before squandering what little points they are giving away.

footfree

I was never a big fan of toluna but when I wouldn't be getting a lot of other surveys I would go there and click on every poll I could and also try to do as may surveys I could qualify for and for a long time I was able to cash out for a 20.00 a month although it wasn't always easy but now I don't think I will be able too.I am not going to spend my points giving virtual gifts SORRY

I'm right there with you no virtual gifts for me either-I have never made but $20 a year from them because I refuse to work for free.I tried the poll question thing but it's really frustrating being taken to a survey after each question.I don't have the time to waste on this.

footfree

I agree it is a waste of time being taken to a survey after every poll so if I didn't have the time or didn't want to be bothered I just closed them I would only do them when I was in the mood and that wasn't that often.

footfree

I was never a big fan of toluna but when I wouldn't be getting a lot of other surveys I would go there and click on every poll I could and also try to do as may surveys I could qualify for and for a long time I was able to cash out for a 20.00 a month although it wasn't always easy but now I don't think I will be able too.I am not going to spend my points giving virtual gifts SORRY

I'm right there with you no virtual gifts for me either-I have never made but $20 a year from them because I refuse to work for free.I tried the poll question thing but it's really frustrating being taken to a survey after each question.I don't have the time to waste on this.

I didn't say they lowered the points on poll questions.I said they lowered the points on surveys to make up for the points they are giving on poll questions,plus I said it was a theory .It takes a long time to acquire 60,000 points when most of their surveys are for 1000,2000 and or 3,000 points.

By all means spend your points anyway you like but be aware of the rules set forth by survey companies before squandering what little points they are giving away.

I have not noticed a difference in payouts for surveys OR the quicksurveys on their site recently which is why I asked. I tend to ignore the low-paying surveys and only do the ones that have a higher payout. I close out on a lot of the surveys through them because they tend to have a lot of those tedious charts that I hate. All that aside, I do make more than $20 a year fairly easily so (again) the less than 1000 points that would go into a hypothetical virtual item purchase that you're continuing to be rude about for whatever reason would not have a huge impact on me. And I am (and was before you decided to tear into me) well aware of the terms of their site. I tend to actually read those things when I sign up for survey sites. :roll:

There is no need to be rude to ANYONE simply because they choose to spend their points in a way that YOU would not.

I have not noticed a difference in payouts for surveys OR the quicksurveys on their site recently which is why I asked. I tend to ignore the low-paying surveys and only do the ones that have a higher payout. I close out on a lot of the surveys through them because they tend to have a lot of those tedious charts that I hate. All that aside, I do make more than $20 a year fairly easily so (again) the less than 1000 points that would go into a hypothetical virtual item purchase that you're continuing to be rude about for whatever reason would not have a huge impact on me. And I am (and was before you decided to tear into me) well aware of the terms of their site. I tend to actually read those things when I sign up for survey sites. :roll:

There is no need to be rude to ANYONE simply because they choose to spend their points in a way that YOU would not.

You say tomatoe I say tomato- I was not being rude -rude is continuing to always having to be right and to try and always have the last say--all I was trying to do was to make sure other people here on this site were informed of Toluna rules. I specifically did not use your quote when I wrote the post about poll questions or virtual points and so I was not pointing or tearing into you.If you choose to believe I was then that's on you.

Last week when the Toluna website changed I thought I would have to give it a chance and see how it works after doing it for a few days I am finding very few polls to click on,the first day there were a lot then it went downhill even thogh it wasn't for a lot of points it still would add up on my total points.I seem to only get a few actual surveys a day andDQ from all of them and then there are no more opportunities for the rest of the day.I am not going to get many points the way it is now.

I now have 54,000 points but the way I see it I am still a long way off to reach 60,000 the way it works now.

Everyone just listen, Drop them! They are a scam company! Sure if you have a lot of points, then yes finish it to cashout and then get the H3LL out of their! I am sorry but 60,000 points for only $20? Even the high end ones that pay 3000 points or more still are a ripoff! That is only about $1 a survey! I don't no how many times I have seen people not get credit for surveys they successfully completed! I originally had Greenfield, I think that was the name of the survey company, then they sold out to Toluna. I only stayed in a few months then dropped them.

Everyone just listen, Drop them! They are a scam company! Sure if you have a lot of points, then yes finish it to cash out and then get the H3LL out of their! I am sorry but 60,000 points for only $20? Even the high end ones that pay 3000 points or more still are a ripoff! That is only about $1 a survey! I don't no how many times I have seen people not get credit for surveys they successfully completed! I originally had Greenfield, I think that was the name of the survey company, then they sold out to Toluna. I only stayed in a few months then dropped them.

Me too. :roll: are dropping them. Last year in the spring and summer I could make $40 and twice $60 a month. :) But now I can't even make $20 a month :shock: Toluna is making almost impossible to make enough to redeem points. I had so many surveys that were over 1 hour for 3000 points (I didn't do them) and the rep from Toluna said it must have been a typo. Typo my butt. So If you want to waist your day doing just doing Toluna surveys to make some extra spending money, then that will be just about the time you'll have in the day, because their surveys are so cheep, it will take you all day to get maybe $2.00 a day. :x

I just redeemed for my $25.00 amazon card the day before the change, and they gave me the tango code to redeem but not the pin ## After typing to them countless times for the pin ## (I guess they thought they pulled a fast one on me) I googled tango, got the phone ## and called them and got the pin ##. And this is the last time I'm going to bother with Toluna.

So good buy Toluna and Opinion Outpost, can't say it's been nice, take your little tiny points and put them were the sun doesn't shine on a crocodile's you know what. Your all just a piranhas and cheets. :x