Get paid through TT, dont worry about Toluna,Ipos, etc

Jen_thehelper

Finally, there is no way a company is going to ban her for advertising for them. No way at all. Regardless of her behavior, unless it says in their Terms of Service that users are NOT to advertise on forums AND they actually enforce that rule, it would be a waste of time. IP Addresses are dynamic, so using such information could easily result in innocent members being banned as well.

well surveyhead thinks enough of this site here to ask people in their emails to come here and rate them if they had a positive experience.. so if nothing else, this company she's whoring herself out for is being revealed for its practices, which aren't honest at all.

I really don't understand what you're trying to say. :?

The whole purpose of this site and forum is to aid people in making smart decisions about which sites they should sign up for and which sites they should avoid. Jen posting here about treasure trooper has put another site back on people's radars that has few reviews on the site and those that are there are mixed. Regardless of her behavior, if people end up trying it or submitting reviews of their experiences with the site then something positive has come out of all of this.

I would also like to ask for suggestions on how we should handle new members. I frequently see people getting attacked (whether justified or not) because their first post is usually a positive review for a site. I am not trying to single anyone out for any of this. I am simply trying to come up with a better solution. :) Should we direct new members to introduce themselves in a separate forum? I think that if we had some sort of neutral ground for new people to start off on or perhaps a stickied thread for new members that would help ALL of us sift out the legitimate posters from those who just want referrals and do not wish to really contribute to the forum. I will make a thread for suggestions in the suggestions forum and I implore you to post your suggestions there. :) Thank you!

A link to that thread is here: http://forum.surveypolice.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2603&start=0&sid=75d7b6ba4d3d8a7869c559bf2f8a68f4

I don't feel that anybody should be attacked from giving there opinions whether they are a new member or an oldie.The purpose of this site is to get information about the different survey sites not that you need to take there advice.I find that some of the sites that people brag about don't seem to work for me and some of the sites that people complain about I do okay with.I just don't like or find a need for ANYBODY to use such language just to get there point across.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• idylatoo

• footfree

• Jen_thehelper

• greeneyeddevils

Finally, there is no way a company is going to ban her for advertising for them. No way at all. Regardless of her behavior, unless it says in their Terms of Service that users are NOT to advertise on forums AND they actually enforce that rule, it would be a waste of time. IP Addresses are dynamic, so using such information could easily result in innocent members being banned as well.

well surveyhead thinks enough of this site here to ask people in their emails to come here and rate them if they had a positive experience.. so if nothing else, this company she's whoring herself out for is being revealed for its practices, which aren't honest at all.

The whole purpose of this site and forum is to aid people in making smart decisions about which sites they should sign up for and which sites they should avoid. Jen posting here about treasure trooper has put another site back on people's radars that has few reviews on the site and those that are there are mixed. Regardless of her behavior, if people end up trying it or submitting reviews of their experiences with the site then something positive has come out of all of this.

basically just what i said.. when we go to sign up for a new company we expect those referring us not to be lying out of their behinds just to get our signup bonus.. like for me a few months ago i did a search on survey sites and i came to a page that gave glowing reviews of great sites.. so i signed up.. and the sites suck.. the guy made a page just to get our signups. My point is if the company is looking for quality people.. don't bring them in by lying to us about how good your company is.. if i want referred somewhere, i want the truth about what i'm going in for.. not a waste of my time.. and unfortunately for this company she listed, it's visible here for all to see how their recruiters operate... which is just for their own gain.. not in telling the truth about the company.

I would also like to ask for suggestions on how we should handle new members. I frequently see people getting attacked (whether justified or not) because their first post is usually a positive review for a site. I am not trying to single anyone out for any of this. I am simply trying to come up with a better solution. :) Should we direct new members to introduce themselves in a separate forum? I think that if we had some sort of neutral ground for new people to start off on or perhaps a stickied thread for new members that would help ALL of us sift out the legitimate posters from those who just want referrals and do not wish to really contribute to the forum. I will make a thread for suggestions in the suggestions forum and I implore you to post your suggestions there. :) Thank you!

A link to that thread is here: http://forum.surveypolice.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2603&start=0&sid=f14d33582f9001b06f6c0dfa6353773a

It's not that I didn't like his post, It was his "smartass commet after, that rubbed me the wrong way, and I quote jen:

" "oh ps to the guy who replied above me... I think bonavia point was it doesn't matter how much spam you get, he/she just never really uses that account so who the fck cares.

The admin will probably be pissed and delete my post after this for the swears and sh*t...fine with me, peace out suckkkas :shock: (finally got to use the devil emoticon lol).Jen Thehelper"

Why would somebody who is new here acting like that???? (finally got to use the devil ......... ect) It doesn't make a very good first impression in my would of thinking!!! To me that's just down right rude, especially being new here :roll:

It's not that I didn't like his post, It was his "smartass commet after, that rubbed me the wrong way, and I quote jen:

" "oh ps to the guy who replied above me... I think bonavia point was it doesn't matter how much spam you get, he/she just never really uses that account so who the fck cares.

The admin will probably be pissed and delete my post after this for the swears and sh*t...fine with me, peace out suckkkas :shock: (finally got to use the devil emoticon lol).Jen Thehelper"

Why would somebody who is new here acting like that???? (finally got to use the devil ......... ect) It doesn't make a very good first impression in my would of thinking!!! To me that's just down right rude, especially being new here :roll:

Did you read everyone's replies and Jen's responses before that? I ask because I did and that was answer enough for me. Regardless of whether "Jen" was here to just get referrals, they were torn apart and insulted because the site they posted about others did not like. No one welcomed "Jen".

The first reply? "Thank You and i see you joined Survey Police to only talk about treasure trooper. You posted twice and both are recommendations to treasure trooper." Would you feel welcomed reading that?

As I already stated, new users have no real choice at the moment other than to post about a survey company or join in on existing threads. Such a situation usually results in threads like this - I clearly remember another where someone genuinely wanted to be a member here so they stuck around through the first tear down - after which some members apologized. My point is that this sort of behavior should not be happening at all - especially not if this forum is to grow. There are better ways to handle these situations than being rude and less than welcoming to new posters.

If being rude is pointing out the terms and conditions on a survey site then call me rude.All I want is for people to be aware.This statement in this particular survey sites terms and conditions seemed more blatant and bold faced spit in our faces then most other sites.I really don't ever remember reading this statement in any other site. I could be wrong but it's not the type of company I want to do business with.Plus I went to rip off report and this company does not get high marks.

Did you read everyone's replies and Jen's responses before that? I ask because I did and that was answer enough for me. Regardless of whether "Jen" was here to just get referrals, they were torn apart and insulted because the site they posted about others did not like. No one welcomed "Jen".

The first reply? "Thank You and i see you joined Survey Police to only talk about treasure trooper. You posted twice and both are recommendations to treasure trooper." Would you feel welcomed reading that?

As I already stated, new users have no real choice at the moment other than to post about a survey company or join in on existing threads. Such a situation usually results in threads like this - I clearly remember another where someone genuinely wanted to be a member here so they stuck around through the first tear down - after which some members apologized. My point is that this sort of behavior should not be happening at all - especially not if this forum is to grow. There are better ways to handle these situations than being rude and less than welcoming to new posters.

I agree with sgontu, footfree, greeneyeddevils, not a sucker, avemaria, peach6, mexica57 and 1957horses. Anyone who comes on here just to use the forum to post their trashy referrals and to use fowl, abusive, nasty language is not welcome! Good for you guys for calling them on it. This kind of behavior would not happen if the forum was moderated and those links removed right away. This is would be a better way to handle these situations. I see that filthy talking post is still up and he/she admitted that getting referrals was the only reason they came on here. They also told us and the moderator where we could go. Why would you leave such a post up and then talk down to these fine members I just mentioned? If this continues the forum will not grow because the only members you will have left is trash like Jen.

If being rude is pointing out the terms and conditions on a survey site then call me rude.All I want is for people to be aware.This statement in this particular survey sites terms and conditions seemed more blatant and bold faced spit in our faces then most other sites.I really don't ever remember reading this statement in any other site. I could be wrong but it's not the type of company I want to do business with.Plus I went to rip off report and this company does not get high marks.

No, I do not think posting pertinent facts (such as TOS, etc.) is rude. What crossed the line in your post is the way you said "Ain't no way in hell I'm joining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" instead of simply stating "No thanks, this site is not worth the risk for me" or something to that effect. I had absolutely NO problem whatsoever with your post until I got to that point. :)

I agree with sgontu, footfree, greeneyeddevils, not a sucker, avemaria, peach6, mexica57 and 1957horses. Anyone who comes on here just to use the forum to post their trashy referrals and to use fowl, abusive, nasty language is not welcome! Good for you guys for calling them on it. This kind of behavior would not happen if the forum was moderated and those links removed right away. This is would be a better way to handle these situations. I see that filthy talking post is still up and he/she admitted that getting referrals was the only reason they came on here. They also told us and the moderator where we could go. Why would you leave such a post up and then talk down to these fine members I just mentioned? If this continues the forum will not grow because the only members you will have left is trash like Jen.

They didn't start out using foul language until after others posted using foul/abusive/nasty language.

Saying things like "Ain't no way in hell I'm joining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and "Agree with you 100% ..Plus who the hell wants 1000's of spam emails...what's that bonavia smoking?" aren't exactly free of foul language or polite.

If we're going to say that people who use "fowl, abusive, nasty language" are not welcome, then we should give all new posters the benefit of the doubt and politely explain why we think a site is not worth signing up for instead of instantly accusing someone of just being here to post a referral. Even if they are, the best way to deal with posts like this is to report it to me or the Administrator and then to post REAL reasons why a site is bad - such as footfree posting the phrase from their TOS. This will help not only the members who post but people who find the forum through search engines. Seeing people go "Oh, this site must not be legit because you're new and that's all you post about" doesn't give anyone facts that they can use to make a decision about a site.

Also, please read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2603 One of the members you mentioned, peach6, posted that they do not like the behavior that I am talking about and another newer member, abby63, states that they wouldn't have continued posting here if they received a similar reception.

I'd also like to say that I check in here at least once every day that I am able to do so. Only twice since becoming a mod have I seen posts reported. TWICE. It is simply not possible for me to check every single post that is made here to make sure that there are no links posted, etc. Part of this forum being properly moderated is the users reporting posts that they think are questionable - spam, referral links, language, whatever.

The post/this thread are still up so that the Administrator can see it.

I don't see where it would do any good to report a post unless the administrator sees it. Why did you take the job if you don't have the time to do it? Your words not mine.

I've seen more offensive postings and more abusive words posted on here then what I used.My post was not geared towards this person -it was against the terms and conditions of the survey site.Why are you reading more into it then there has to be?If the person thought it was geared towards them then I'm sorry but it was towards the survey site itself not towards them.And I don't like to be scolded or schooled like I'm a child.That is why I specifically did not quote them.

First, I've been on this site long enough to know that anyone posting a referral link, is usually just here to get referrals. They don't genuinely want to be a member of the site. If they did they would have read the terms and found out that the site doesn't allow you to post referral links.

Second, I never sign up under anyone else. Why should I earn money for some other person? If there is a site that I'm interested in, I open a new window and plug in just the address of the site. If I'm going to join a site, I want to earn my own money for doing my own work, I don't want to spam all my friends to get a few referrals and earn myself some extra money, and I feel that way because I wouldn't want my friends spamming me and asking me to join a site repeatedly. That really just shows what type of person the original poster is. He or she just sounds very selfish. The original poster doesn't care about becoming a member here, doesn't care about any of the other posters here and just cares about lining his/her pockets with more money. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't need or want members like that on here.

Third, the point of the board is to post your experiences. If you don't want feedback and comments from other posters, then don't post. If you are posting, you are opening yourself up to the comments of others. They aren't always going to be positive comments. I believe that the new posters really should stick to just posting on other posts when they first get here. That is a good way to get your name out there so that you aren't accused of being a poster who isn't legitimate. And as far as the swearing goes, where do you not hear swear words? If the whole sentence was nothing but swear words, then I could understand being offended. But saying there's no way in hell you would join a site like that is a valid statement. I would say something like that if I felt strongly about something. I think everyone is getting off track and ignoring the real issue, which is that the original post is a fraud. It isn't a valid post to begin with. It's a fraudulent post stuck here just to get the original poster referral links. Those that signed up through the link, should unsubscribe and start a new account if you want to join. I, for one, wouldn't want to help the nasty, original poster make a dime. And I can think of lots of swear words that I could use to describe the original poster, starting with the first letter of the alphabet and working my way down, but I don't want to offend anyone so I'll just leave it to the imagination :lol:

I must say Raven that is one of the most elequent posts I have read and it says everything in with clear intellect. We have to keep in mind what Peach6 passed on: We are here to learn about and discuss survey sites, opinions, whether we agree or disagree, are part of the process, we are all learning. Each and everyone of us approaches this in a different way and need. That being said someone posting a referral, while totally against the rules of SP, is going to happen. There are so many posts to go through that those are going to get missed. There is never any reason to attack someone for voicing or trying to go against rules, that happens on every site and sometimes they just get missed. But rather than bashing, like it was said before, voice a coherent, cohesive arguement, that shows why and what about the site gave you that impression.

I don't see where it would do any good to report a post unless the administrator sees it. Why did you take the job if you don't have the time to do it? Your words not mine.

When you report a post, it sends me and the Administrator a message that someone thinks there is something wrong with it. So essentially that is the whole point of reporting - it brings a post to our attention that we may not see. If someone replies to a referral and doesn't report it, it is easy for that to be missed as it looks like a legitimate conversation if one does not have time to click on every thread. As I am not able to check every single post every single day, reporting really helps me (and the Admin) moderate this forum.

I did not "take this job" I volunteered for it. I do not get paid. I volunteered to do it because I was one of those complaining about the lack of moderation and I felt it would be hypocritical of me to complain but then not volunteer when the Admin asked if anyone wanted to help out.

To further answer your question, like most people, I have other stuff going on besides being at this forum 24/7 and being able to check every single post that is made myself. Sometimes stuff happens and I simply cannot be at the computer for more than a few minutes to do important things. One of those important things is that I DO check to see if there have been any posts reported. As I said, there usually are not.

I will also set up a thread that explains how to report a post and what good that does as it seems there is a lot of confusion about that. :)

When you report a post, it sends me and the Administrator a message that someone thinks there is something wrong with it. So essentially that is the whole point of reporting - it brings a post to our attention that we may not see. If someone replies to a referral and doesn't report it, it is easy for that to be missed as it looks like a legitimate conversation if one does not have time to click on every thread. As I am not able to check every single post every single day, reporting really helps me (and the Admin) moderate this forum.

I did not "take this job" I volunteered for it. I do not get paid. I volunteered to do it because I was one of those complaining about the lack of moderation and I felt it would be hypocritical of me to complain but then not volunteer when the Admin asked if anyone wanted to help out.

To further answer your question, like most people, I have other stuff going on besides being at this forum 24/7 and being able to check every single post that is made myself. Sometimes stuff happens and I simply cannot be at the computer for more than a few minutes to do important things. One of those important things is that I DO check to see if there have been any posts reported. As I said, there usually are not.

I will also set up a thread that explains how to report a post and what good that does as it seems there is a lot of confusion about that. :)

This is just a suggestion but maybe it would be a little easier if there were 2 or3 moderators.

there would always be someone to pick up the slack and it wouldn't just fall on one person.