Opinion Outpost/SurveySpot

mccfan2

These two sites almost look like clones and are owned by the same company...however, reading the reviews, SS is ranked much lower than OO. As I've said on here several times, as a relatively new survey taker, I've had awesome success with OO. Should I expect the same from SS or is it really that much worse? There are quite a few horror stories on here about Survey. I've signed up for SurveySpot, but after reading the reviews, I'm a little concerned to get involved with them.

ANYTHING that is as good as Opinion Outpost, I'm game for. Their customer service has been great the little I've needed it. I've quickly accumulated points and been paid almost immediately.

Opinion Outpost was taken over/acquired by the same site that owns Survey Spot in the fall of last year. The discrepancy in the ratings is simply because OO was a really good site for years until the take over. I dropped them shortly after I was able to cash out again because I was no longer qualifying for surveys like I had been before and would get a lot of emails about how I should take a survey through their site when there were none available for me.

Other users here have had bad experiences and dropped them as well. If you browse through the forum I'm sure you will find lots of threads about OO after the change. :)

Thanks! It's funny how these sites work...I rarely qualify on some that others do well on, and others must not always qualify well on those I do well on - I do quite well on OO, so I'm going to try SS. Other than SurveyHead (who I'm done with) they have the most available surveys I qualify for, rarely screened out.

Thanks! It's funny how these sites work...I rarely qualify on some that others do well on, and others must not always qualify well on those I do well on - I do quite well on OO, so I'm going to try SS. Other than SurveyHead (who I'm done with) they have the most available surveys I qualify for, rarely screened out.

I think some sites somewhat specialize demographically which would explain the discrepancies. It's fairly common across all the sites for one person to do well on a site and others to rarely get a survey from the same site. You'll see lots of threads where people have complained about a lack of surveys from one site while others say they get plenty.

SS for me is like the new JD Power site for surveyhead (same customer service).. i see 90% sweeps entries with SS.. but i do ok with OO.. though they now pay less than a few years ago.

Thanks for all of the opinions. One site I do poorly on is mysurvey. I stay with it because it is legit, but after 3 weeks am just now getting to the point where I can cash out for $10. I get maybe 5 or 6 surveys from them a week but had a dry spell last week.

So far, I've not really gotten anything at SurveySpot...25 minute surveys for 50 points, or just general "sweeps entries" surveys like I got at OO at first.

Seems like OO has better incentives, or maybe I haven't been on SS long enough.

I'm dropping mysurvey after the next sweepstakes drawing. I cashed out all my points a few weeks ago. For me it just isn't worth the time they ask to mostly end up with sweepstakes entries and a handful of points.

Thanks for all of the opinions. One site I do poorly on is MySurvey. I stay with it because it is legit, but after 3 weeks am just now getting to the point where I can cash out for $10. I get maybe 5 or 6 surveys from them a week but had a dry spell last week.

So far, I've not really gotten anything at SurveySpot...25 minute surveys for 50 points, or just general "sweeps entries" surveys like I got at OO at first.

Seems like OO has better incentives, or maybe I haven't been on SS long enough.

SS used to be good back in 2009 and earlier.. but now i don't get much with them.. if they offer a survey for money (at least for me) it'll be something like $3 for 45 minutes.. it's rarely better than $1 per 20 minutes.. but just when i start wanting to cancel them, i always find a hidden product test.. the $100 i have with them since Jan is mainly from 2 panels and product tests.. but you never know which surveys they'll be included in.

for instance this one i just got an email for...

Reward: 50 points

Survey Length: 30 minutes

Survey Number: ORD-49550-FMYK

no, that's not $5.00

I've had a couple of decent surveys with SS since signing up with them the other day. I think I'll stick with them. Not the greatest, but not the worst.

I keep winning with OO. $35 in less than 2 weeks...not bad.

I've had a couple of decent surveys with SS since signing up with them the other day. I think I'll stick with them. Not the greatest, but not the worst.

I keep winning with OO. $35 in less than 2 weeks...not bad.

I had the same motivation years ago when I began doing surveys.