Rules of Conduct

idylatoo

Note: This is a simplified version of the Terms of Use Agreement found here. Please make sure you read it as well. This is meant to be a handy guide for users ONLY.

1. Be polite and respectful to ALL members.

2. When you disagree, respond constructively to the POST and do NOT attack the poster.

3. What is not allowed:

• Cursing or other objectionable language
    Personally belittling or rude remarks directed at other members
    Publicly scolding others for views you deem personally objectionable
    Attacking, passing judgement, and denigrating members for holding views different from your own
    Asserting negative characteristics about other members
    Overt bigotry, intolerance, or harassment
    Impersonating an individual, company, or other entity
    Posting from more than one account
    Posting referral links
    Asking others to PM you for your referral link (allowed only if you are a member of an invitation-only website)

4. If you find any post objectionable for whatever reason - REPORT IT. Do not call out the poster publicly.

If an individual does not follow these rules, they will be subject to disciplinary action, i.e. an immediate ban from the forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 6 months later...

The above list has just been update to include basic information on referral link policies. Please keep the SurveyPolice Forum clean and do not post your referral links or ask others to PM you for your referral link. Help out your fellow survey takers by simply posting clean links to other websites!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
The above list has just been update to include basic information on referral link policies. Please keep the SurveyPolice Forum clean and do not post your referral links or ask others to PM you for your referral link. Help out your fellow survey takers by simply posting clean links to other websites!

Hi there. I just wanted to make sure I understand one of the rules. You wrote that posting referral links is not allowed. So just to be sure, you mean (for example) I can NOT ask someone on this site, to join another survey site (like to "refer a friend")?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
This is a regular link to a survey website and what is allowed: www.forum.surveypolice.com

Referral link: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... ral%20Link

Example of a referral link: www.forum.surveypolice.com/refid/ksedwar

Allowing referral links attracts spammers among other issues.

Thanks for the clarification ksedwar.

• 5 months later...

I just posted an email,in its entirety without thinking about it being a link.I did not refer the survey and only posted it for informational purposes after reading an inquiry about the company "watchLab".I will remove it if necessary.

I just posted an email,in its entirety without thinking about it being a link.I did not refer the survey and only posted it for informational purposes after reading an inquiry about the company "watchLab".I will remove it if necessary.

You posted an email message. That's fine as long as you were not told by the sender that you shouldn't forward or share the email.

What we don't want is posting your (or another members) personal email address. Company email addresses are fine as long as you are helping someone.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...