Introduce Yourself!

idylatoo

Hi guys - I'm Errapolis, from Glasgow, Scotland and I've just started signing up to survey sites after reading numerous blogs and forum posts about it, so thought i'd join the community and get some advice/tips and provide a bit of feedback as I go along.

Doing it to raise a bit of cash/shop vouchers after becoming a dad, and know a couple of guys who watch football and do surveys at the same time at the weekends/weeknights, so researched it a bit and have made a start.

I've signed up to a bunch of sites and still slogging through the introductory "profile" type surveys on most of them, but getting there - even sorted a spreadsheet to keep track of which sites I'm signed up to, and set up an email account purely for it.

Don't expect to make millions, but if it's a few quid while I'm otherwise lazing about then why not!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Emma. I have been taking surveys online for over 10 years. I love doing this as I'm enjoying the income because it helps me to purchase the good things I need for myself and my kiddies. Its really fun getting paid for your opinion! :-P :-P :-P

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey...  Yo everybody...  8)   This just might be a long journey here trying to explain who I am, but I'll try to be simple as I can and get straight to the point.  Luckily I can type fast and typing don't wear me down really.  I'm Derrick & I'm 32 years old.  A real life I'm a graphics designer [freelancer] & a skilled IT Tech [Flextronics] outside of my virtual realm.  I've been taking surveys for over 10 years.  I have done surveys in all imaginable ways possible.  From the emailed ones to random observers coming to my home for random research purposes.

The home surveys where a little to intrusive.  It felt like I was on a reality TV show or something, so its not something I think I'd be interested in doing in the future.  I have done surveys of all kinds.  On thing I have not done online was become active with others who take surveys online just as I do.  Others who are consistent about doing surveys...  Others who are building a more massive income around surveys by getting referrals and things of that nature.  I just might learn some new skills here and pick up on something that could further help me in my survey ventures.

I am definitely working to start a blog I will devote so much time and attention to explaining to other about the world of surveys.  I plan to make it more transparent for normal everyday people to understand.  People who meet me in my city learn about I get all kinds of free products and things of that nature and refuse to believe it comes from survey companies.  I have to explain to others how to make it work for them as most of them never believed its actually real.  I know there are millions of blogs about surveys, but my blog will be more in-depth and I will take people on screen as I complete them.  I will show people mistakes not to make and what to pay attention too.  Most of all....  Explain to survey takers how important it is  to be honest... Most people just go inputting anything thinking they can get a quick buck and end up no where  :|  :|...  Welp, I think I'll shorten this here to wait on the responses to see the feedback I get from the readers here.  I hope I didn't tire you guys out with this long semi-biography.  I may never type long explanations on this forum afterwards...  :idea:

• Like 1

• Administrator pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
On Sunday, August 26, 2012 at 7:23 PM, sunny55 said:

Hello all; I'm new and happy to have found this forum. I've been doing surveys for quite some time, and have done so much weeding through different sites, it is good to find a legitimate site with other serious survey-takers.

Hello everyone, I'm cnote777 & I'm new to the site. I am a full time nursing student in college. I like to do surveys; however, I have been trying to unsubscribe Mindspay to no avail! Has anyone else had or has this problem with Mindspay? 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Angelmimi here from Kentucky!!Hello all! Surveys and testing products for different companies is my stress breaker. I am in a room with 20 5 year olds all day and I just want piece and quiet! Use to take a lot of surveys but have been weeding them out. Any one heard what is going on with Hausernet the mailing assignment. Haven't been paid for awhile and I have worked for them for years. I was told went out of business but I still receive mail from them to put in computer.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi, I'm Dawn. I live in da frozen tundra of Wisconsin. I've been doing surveys on and off for about 10 years. I got very busy with my life and didn't do many surveys for about three years. I recently retired on my 55th birthday, and now have the time to indulge my crazy hobby. I make enough to treat myself every month. I like to ride my bike and walk through the small town I moved to in October 2018. My hubby and I bought our first house, seven months later I retired for good. My hubby is also retired, and both of us are retired Navy veterans. 

I really am enjoying life. I hope you all are too. 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2016 at 4:15 AM, soldoutcreations said:

Hey...  Yo everybody...  8)   This just might be a long journey here trying to explain who I am, but I'll try to be simple as I can and get straight to the point.  Luckily I can type fast and typing don't wear me down really.  I'm Derrick & I'm 32 years old.  A real life I'm a graphics designer [freelancer] & a skilled IT Tech [Flextronics] outside of my virtual realm.  I've been taking surveys for over 10 years.  I have done surveys in all imaginable ways possible.  From the emailed ones to random observers coming to my home for random research purposes.

The home surveys where a little to intrusive.  It felt like I was on a reality TV show or something, so its not something I think I'd be interested in doing in the future.  I have done surveys of all kinds.  On thing I have not done online was become active with others who take surveys online just as I do.  Others who are consistent about doing surveys...  Others who are building a more massive income around surveys by getting referrals and things of that nature.  I just might learn some new skills here and pick up on something that could further help me in my survey ventures.

I am definitely working to start a blog I will devote so much time and attention to explaining to other about the world of surveys.  I plan to make it more transparent for normal everyday people to understand.  People who meet me in my city learn about I get all kinds of free products and things of that nature and refuse to believe it comes from survey companies.  I have to explain to others how to make it work for them as most of them never believed its actually real.  I know there are millions of blogs about surveys, but my blog will be more in-depth and I will take people on screen as I complete them.  I will show people mistakes not to make and what to pay attention too.  Most of all....  Explain to survey takers how important it is  to be honest... Most people just go inputting anything thinking they can get a quick buck and end up no where  :|  :|...  Welp, I think I'll shorten this here to wait on the responses to see the feedback I get from the readers here.  I hope I didn't tire you guys out with this long semi-biography.  I may never type long explanations on this forum afterwards...  :idea:

Hi Derrick! I read your post, very interesting and riveting. Having people come to your home, now that's the first time I've heard of that. I don't think I'd like that either. I'm an introvert, so it's difficult to talk to people face to face. I'd love to read your blog. I'm always looking for advice on how to get better at surveys. I also agree with you about honesty. Even though I'm 55 and retired, I still am completing quite a few surveys. I get disqualified a lot, but I'm persistent. There are surveys out there for everyone, even old retired people, LOL! Let me know how to get to your blog. Peace out.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hello all. I am new here. Started surveys a few weeks ago. I had my first cash out from Paidviewpoint a few days ago. I am doing this to earn a (very) little cash while I am trying to decide if I am going to stay retired or find a low stress job.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am Australian and found this site when I was looking to complain about a survey site, TGM.

(Not an uncommon practise from what I can see having a brief look around)

This looks like a good site with helpful people so I will try not to be such a grumpy bum in my future postings here.  :)