Introduce Yourself!

idylatoo

Hello all. I've been lurking here for about two weeks, and finally decided to create an account. I am so grateful for this website. It is enjoyable to read, and I love hearing all the tips, advice and reviews from others.

I am new to the survey world, as I just took my first online survey on June 26th. As I have a very busy lifestyle, I cannot devote as much time to surveys as I would like. And it's a bit disheartening that I seem to be disqualified from about 80% of them. I have come to realize that I enjoy- what I call- the click/earn sites, that pay you for completing offers, spinning wheels, reading emails, all in addition to completing surveys. I was a member of GTM, OO, VO, OS for about two weeks now, but tonight, I cancelled my membership in all four.

As I go to school full-time, and I work part-time, I cannot spend 30 minutes on a survey site where I am disqualified for several surveys in a row. In just two weeks- I had only earned 15 points on GTM (after trying 20 surveys), 15 points at OO, 40 points on OS and 0 points at VO. I found this to be such a nominal amount, and just not worth my time.

The sites that I am going to try to keep with are: Inbox Dollars, Inbox Pays, Send Earnings, MintVine, MyPoints, Swagbucks, Cash Crate, Treasure Trooper.

I have mixed feelings about all the above sites- some I love, and some have been just mediocre so far.

I would love to hear recommendations from people about other sites I can try, similar to Inbox Dollars (my favorite of the bunch). If anyone is willing to send me a pm with some info any websites he/she suggests, I'd be happy to give him/her a referral.

I will also browse through the site as I have been, as these treads contain a wealth of information. I love reading about the good/bad experiences people have with a certain site. I have also noticed that the opinions/reviews are highly subjective. For instance- inbox dollars doesn't seem to get a lot of love on this forum- yet it is my favorite so far! And a lot of people seem to love swag bucks, and I'm not liking it so far. I think I like sites that award by cash amounts verses points. That way I can know exactly what I am getting for my time.

My goal is to earn $100 per month with these click/earn/offer sites.

Well, that is just a little about me, and I look forward to being a participant in this forum. Thanks everyone for the information!

The reason I don't like Inboxdollars (its Inboxpounds for me) is because they don't judge the length of a survey to what the reward should be. Every email I get for a survey from them is nearly always 25p and the length it says it will take is 20 minutes - 40 minutes where the same survey on another site could be four times that amount.

I've never introduced myself here but I'm female, 21 and live in the UK :)

Hello all. I've been lurking here for about two weeks, and finally decided to create an account. I am so grateful for this website. It is enjoyable to read, and I love hearing all the tips, advice and reviews from others.

I am new to the survey world, as I just took my first online survey on June 26th. As I have a very busy lifestyle, I cannot devote as much time to surveys as I would like. And it's a bit disheartening that I seem to be disqualified from about 80% of them. I have come to realize that I enjoy- what I call- the click/earn sites, that pay you for completing offers, spinning wheels, reading emails, all in addition to completing surveys. I was a member of GTM, OO, VO, OS for about two weeks now, but tonight, I cancelled my membership in all four.

As I go to school full-time, and I work part-time, I cannot spend 30 minutes on a survey site where I am disqualified for several surveys in a row. In just two weeks- I had only earned 15 points on GTM (after trying 20 surveys), 15 points at OO, 40 points on OS and 0 points at VO. I found this to be such a nominal amount, and just not worth my time.

The sites that I am going to try to keep with are: Inbox Dollars, Inbox Pays, Send Earnings, MintVine, MyPoints, Swagbucks, Cash Crate, Treasure Trooper.

I have mixed feelings about all the above sites- some I love, and some have been just mediocre so far.

I would love to hear recommendations from people about other sites I can try, similar to Inbox Dollars (my favorite of the bunch). If anyone is willing to send me a pm with some info any websites he/she suggests, I'd be happy to give him/her a referral.

I will also browse through the site as I have been, as these treads contain a wealth of information. I love reading about the good/bad experiences people have with a certain site. I have also noticed that the opinions/reviews are highly subjective. For instance- inbox dollars doesn't seem to get a lot of love on this forum- yet it is my favorite so far! And a lot of people seem to love swag bucks, and I'm not liking it so far. I think I like sites that award by cash amounts verses points. That way I can know exactly what I am getting for my time.

My goal is to earn $100 per month with these click/earn/offer sites.

Well, that is just a little about me, and I look forward to being a participant in this forum. Thanks everyone for the information!

The reason I don't like Inboxdollars (its Inboxpounds for me) is because they don't judge the length of a survey to what the reward should be. Every email I get for a survey from them is nearly always 25p and the length it says it will take is 20 minutes - 40 minutes where the same survey on another site could be four times that amount.

I've never introduced myself here but I'm female, 21 and live in the UK :)

I am not a fan of Inbox Dollars either. I could make $40 per month with them, but oh my the time I had to invest! Have you looked into Tellwut? I had been making $10 every 2 wks (Amazon gift code) for minimal time, but unfortunately it is now taking 3 wks. I do ok with MyView too.

Welcome to the forum all you new peeps.This is the best community for survey takers I've ever come across. There are many regulars here who are always very helpful.

Hope you find the info you are looking for here. Jump right in and join the discussions.

Thank you for the replies! I have not tried Tellwut yet, but I will look into it. Thank you for the recommendation. It is possible that I just haven't found the "right" survey site for my demographics yet. Also, I am still very new to the online survey world. While I love Inbox Dollars right now, it is quite possible that I will feel differently about it, after I find some good survey sites. I will keep everyone updated.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello. I'm Millisa from Michigan. 36. 1 son. 1 dog. 1 cat. I've been a doing survey's for a LONG time. Some sites I use are: mysurvey, Inbox Dollars, mypoints, Yourword, Swagbucks. I really like all of them and while I read that so many don't like Inbox Dollars - I was confused. I've made a few hundred a year from just there.

I started branching out to secret shopping as that pays so much better than survey sites! For example - One shop that takes 20-30 minutes will pay me $25! I've enjoyed having the experience and the extra money! :) So far in 2 weeks I've made $80. Granted its different for everyone on what's available in your area but it is about paying us for our time to do the dirty work or give them the insight they want to know.

Does anyone do secret shopping?

Hello. I'm Millisa from Michigan. 36. 1 son. 1 dog. 1 cat. I've been a doing survey's for a LONG time. Some sites I use are: Mysurvey, Inbox Dollars, Mypoints, Yourword, SwagBucks. I really like all of them and while I read that so many don't like Inbox Dollars - I was confused. I've made a few hundred a year from just there.

I started branching out to secret shopping as that pays so much better than survey sites! For example - One shop that takes 20-30 minutes will pay me $25! I've enjoyed having the experience and the extra money! :) So far in 2 weeks I've made $80. Granted its different for everyone on what's available in your area but it is about paying us for our time to do the dirty work or give them the insight they want to know.

Hello and welcome to Survey Police..................... :D

So who do you shop for please, I've been thinking about it but so many places burn people...................... :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
Hello. I'm Millisa from Michigan. 36. 1 son. 1 dog. 1 cat. I've been a doing survey's for a LONG time. Some sites I use are: Mysurvey, Inbox Dollars, Mypoints, Yourword, SwagBucks. I really like all of them and while I read that so many don't like Inbox Dollars - I was confused. I've made a few hundred a year from just there.

Hi, the reason people don't like Inboxdollars isn't how much you could potentially earn, its cause the amount they pay are generally unfair and not worth it, you get offered a survey router for example that says it'll pay 25p for the survey you take from it regardless of how long it is - and the surveys vary greatly in length and the same survey routers offered on other sites as will pay twice as much maybe more. It just seems like a rip-off to me, they seem to pay the lowest they can get away with, I can't face doing a 35 minute survey for 50p or possibly 25p or 20 minute survey for 20p.

• 2 weeks later...

I am Angela. I'm a girl (so sorry if I mispell away) who loves reading really much.

I love to read, knit and relax. This is the first time I subscribe to a forum

Looking forward discussing with you all.

----------------------------------------------------

p1.jpgp1.jpgp.jpgp1.jpgp1.jpg

Y'all have been so nice I figured it was time to say Hi. Hi!

I'm older middle age lady (lady?? well, sometimes), live alone, no kids, skating the poverty line. I've been dabbling in surveys since maybe the late 90s - Harris Poll, American Consumer Whatever, Zogby political polls - but just recently am diving in full blast again. I still use the coffeemaker I got from Harris years and years ago! Back then it was strictly purchasing items with points. I remember drooling over a full home entertainment system for like 100k points, which I don't think I could ever hope to reach, but it was fun looking - until their rewards catalog turned into ca-ca. I like the newer system much better, Amazon credit. (My Amazon Prime comes due in November and I'm already halfway to paying for it!)

I don't remember how I found SurveyPolice, I think I was just regaining interest in surveys a couple weeks ago and did a Google search and here you were. This place is great! I never knew there was anywhere to read ratings and comments on surveys. Thank you for helping me find new ones and steering me away from bad ones, and giving me that "Oh, so it's not just me!" rush on some of them.

Hobbies... I'm disabled, so I don't get around much other than to work, but I tinker in the garden when I can. I'm thoroughly addicted to Minecraft. Single-player; too chicken to do it online. Love reading, nonfiction. That all looks pretty boring to read it over, but I can't complain. I've had enough non-boring to last me a lifetime.

Nice to meet you folks. Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Hello All;

I am new to this site, but oh boy, am I glad I found it. Well, this site was really referred to me while looking through scam alert sites. I found that SurveyPolice would be an excellent site to get help when it comes to surveys. They were right. I have reviewed more survey ratings today then before. EXCELLENT SITE!! I have been doing surveys for a long time. I stopped about a year ago since it seems that; I would either not qualify, or I would qualify, fill out the survey, but can't remember getting paid. This became frustrating. I am about to retire, resign, whichevery comes first. I may qualify for disability, but not sure. I will need an extra income and was hoping to find a legimate work from home job. I am a very hard worker, but screening through the scams and losing money has to STOP. So I have decided to try the surveys again. Most of the good ones with high ratings seem to be full and not showing the "join now" button. I am a grandmother of 8 (4/4), love reading and working with senior /elderly. Working wih the elderly is one of my passions. However, If I come home soon, I will no longer be able to service the elderly for FREE, and non-profit programs take too long to qualify. I have a wonderful husband, who is currently on disability, but he lets me engage myself in these money making projects. :D It's been great chatting with you and I'll keep looking for that right survey, so keep the ratings and comments going. Chat wth you later.

I am new so I hope I have not left something off in my reply. I don't understand "reply w/quote". Well, I have signed up with secret shopping, but most never respond or request money from me to get started. I feel these may be scams, and never responded. I live in the USA, a 62yr old female, and would really love to try the secret shopping. Are you allowed to list the company you work for on this site. I don't want to be kicked off before getting starting good. :D Well, if you can give the name of the company you work for, please do and I'll keep everyone posted as to how it turned out. I am looking for good surveys but the best ones seems to be full. I keep looking. Thanks, and will chat with you soon!

• Administrator pinned this topic