Welcome New Members!

idylatoo

Hello, Everyone! My name is Cheryl and I'm in a suburb of Chicago. I'm self-employed (since 2002) and the industry I work in has taken a major downward hit since last October. Seems like I've spent my days doing silly stuff online (games mostly) waiting for the work phone to ring. My hubby has been doing the occasional InboxDollars surveys for about 2 years now, and finally 'cashed out' a whopping $89.00 two weeks ago (LOL). Anyway, that kinda lit a small fire under me to stop wasting my time with online games and use it to possibly earn something of a little value.

I only found your site yesterday and I am totally awestruck. THANK YOU ALL for such a phenominal wealth of information and valuable advice/insight into the survey world. I spent several hours yesterday just reading through some of the posts here on the forum, and making a small list of those companies others have found legitimate in offerings and rewards.

I want to express a special THANK YOU to 1957horses as I have found many of your messages to be particularly helpful in the 'where to start' category! Absolutely LOVE your avatar (huge animal lover here).

Like a few others have stated, in so many of the survey qualifying questions, age seems to be against me. Just turned 60 and kids are all well over the age of 17. I did sign up with TellWut yesterday and it is refreshing not to have to spend 10 minutes answering questions to get to the "Sorry..." screen. Ran out of their surveys apparently just under 1000 points, but hopefully a few more surveys will be there today.

I will try to contribute here on the forum as best I can, but the only program I have used regularly over the years is MyPoints (it has been pretty good to me, can't complain). Will always graciously accept guidance/pointers from all the pros here!

Thanks again to the creators and contributors of this super informative and valuable site! Have a happy and wonderfully prosperous day, everyone!

Well hey Cherylann, thank you for your kind words............... :)

So I see that you are doing mypoints. Did you see that they raised it 400 points to cashout for $50 giftcard?? Last year it took 7500 for a $50 Amazon gift card, now it is 7900............... :?

The upside of mypoints is you can now get a gift card code instantly (or the old way) same amount of points. Last few years we had to wait weeks before a piece of cardboard with the code came in the snail mail................ :(

I am also in my middle 50's (I guess the 1957 kinda gives it away lol) empty nester with dogs cats and birds a mom and husband to care for and I'm doing ok with doing surveys. I've cut back on some panels. I'm sure you'll find your niche.

• Like 1

:lol: My words were sincere!

Yeah, mypoints has changed over time, but I guess that's to be expected. I try to remember to take advantage of the shopping points whenever I can, and it does help boost the bottom line so to speak. I made out very well when they gave points for Ebay wins ... wish that would come back. I personally HATE mall shopping, so being able to just order stuff online for delivery and getting points works well for me. I do a lot of Kohl's and Old Navy, order boat stuff for hubby on West Marine and Overton's, order my office supplies from Office Depot, etc. It adds up fairly quickly.

I requested to join Darwin's Data as the description sounds like something I would really enjoy, but since they were bombarded recently I am waiting patiently to see if I'm accepted. Between yesterday and today I've signed up with about 6 or 7 different sites based on comments/reviews, so time will tell. I can be patient (or my boys never would have made it to 21 LOL).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone. I'm new to this whole paid survey thing. Thought I try to earn a little extra money. My friends think it's a bad idea, but I keep an open mind. Took me awhile to find a site I liked, but InvoiceDollars has been good so far. Started an account on their on the first and already have $25.12. I tried mysurvey.com, liked it at first but now I never get surveys. Fortunately I can do these on my downtime at work. Hoping to use this as a resource to find other sites I like. Also hope to talk to people who are also taking advantage of the good sites :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I'm Chris!

I've been doing online surveys for about a year. Combined with this site and a few other review sites I found, I am signed up to nearly 200 panels that accept UK members! This sounds a lot, but I review them every 6 months or so and drop the ones I don't hear from. I really like Toluna, as I can average £15 - £30 a month. I've also had a few product tests from Ipsos :D I've gone off Valued Opinions a bit since they changed their cashout level - £10 voucher for £10.50p worth of work! :x I also do paid to post on mylot.com

I'm considering signing up for focus groups and mystery shopping.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All - Another relative newbie here.

I'm signed up to a few panels - have had mixed success with qualifying for surveys. Do most of you folk just go with the flow and qualify for whatever, or do you find ways to try to qualify for surveys using any tricks you're willing to share :D

And the thing I tend to find on the surveys I qualify for (E-rewards ones mostly) - is that many of them are LONG. Am in two minds about whether to go through thinking about my answers or just get through as fast as I can without really reading / paying attention... Am interested in what the consensus is on this one too...

C.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...