Beware: Opinion Outpost Stealing Members Rewards

Whatatay

Well we all know how Opinion Outpost was bought by Survey Spot.

We all know how Survey Spot cheated members out of their reward money by making their webstore "temporarily" unavailable for over a year and then closing accounts and stealing the money because they said the account was inactive (because people stopped taking surveys when they couldn't spend the points).

We all know that Opinion Outpost has pulled the same thing with their Amazon Rewards being "temporarily" unavailable for over 5 months.

Well I finally got up to $25 to get a Citi card (which is supposed to take 1 day to get) so I can quit these scammers, but when I went to cash out I got the following message - We cannot process your claim at this time. We ask for your patience as we investigate the reason behind this. This will most likely take us one week. During this time you can continue to take surveys and collect rewards.

Continue to take surveys? I just emailed them about 3 surveys I completed and didn't get credit for. The first one said I didn't

fulfill the requirements ie, took too long, went to fast, already did it. Sent an email and was told if I did fulfill the requirements then I must have already taken it before. The next two I completed and when I submitted the last page it said they have already received enough responses.

Looks like they are going to steal my money and are going out of business.

I am filing a complaint with the BBB. They are owned by Survey Sampling International which has an 'F' rating with the BBB for 288 complaints here http://www.bbb.org/connecticut/business-reviews/market-research-and-analysis/survey-sampling-international-in-shelton-ct-1003542

Same thing happened to me and I got my citi rewards within 48hrs. I'm pretty sure I got that message because I double clicked the claim button.

i've never had trouble with them honestly.. they've always been courteous to me when i need help.. there has to be some reason why it wouldn't go through.

i've never had trouble with them honestly.. they've always been courteous to me when i need help.. there has to be some reason why it wouldn't go through.

and the Amazon rewards being "temporarily" unavailable for 5 months?

There must be some confusion in your case. They are late in responding but they do solve your problems.

Atleast they did resolve all my issues , sometimes i had to wait for months but they do try to resolve your issues.

I had the same happen to me. Have filed complaint with BBB.org, as well as casro.org. Anyone have any success with resolving the money owed to them?

Took me 5 attempts to cash out $10 PayPal, kept getting "Sorry there was an error" message and nothing more. Tried it again just now (after emailing them to complain) and it worked. And it worked INSTANTLY, got the email from PayPal saying I was sent $10 before I even noticed on the OO page if I had got the error message again or not.

The one praise I have for OO is that when they do pay you, it comes quickly.

Several months ago I was having trouble cashing out with the Amazon GC but finally able to cash out with the Amazon GC. Once I did I dropped them in a heart beat!

and the Amazon rewards being "temporarily" unavailable for 5 months?

i guess that's a problem if you depend on that form of payment.. i never used that with them though, i just use paypal.. it's always worked.

I got same error message when I tried to redeem 100 points for $10 in Paypal cash. Emailed me back today & told me make sure I'm using home computer - not a work one or wireless device. Not sure what difference there would be between home or work computer, but that's not the 1st lame excuse I've gotten from them. They told me 1 time when I didn't get my points they have to "manually" add them in sometimes & it can take up to 3 weeks for them to show up.

But I can still take surveys & collect points - now why would I do that if I can't redeem them? :evil:

Update: After emailing, I was able to redeem points. But after always doing it on Firefox, all of a sudden it doesn't work there. Had to use Explorer. Feel like they keep throwing hurdles in way to giving points or redeeming them!

• 5 years later...

I haven't been frozen from my account, and haven't had any problems with Opinion Outpost not paying out what is due to me... Until now- I usually redeem my points for a Amazon gift card- have always been successful at redeeming my points- except for now... I earned 178 points this time but once I hit redeem I received a error msg... "Oops something went wrong"... So when I logged back in to my account to try to redeem my 178 points, my account was at 0 points. I emailed them three times- yet hasn't been resolved... Yet to be paid my 178 points. I'm furious! It takes a lot of time to get that many points accumulated. I normally cash out once I reach 8.00-10.00 dollars mark- never had problems before now. I worked for my points, I deserve to be paid for my time.

• 7 months later...

Opinion Outpost just ripped me off for 27 dollars.  When I first signed up with them, everything was fine for the first two weeks, but the first time I accumulated enough points to cash out, I received an error message.  I contacted them and they fixed the problem and said go ahead and cash out.  Everything was ok until I accumulated enough points to cash out again, at that time they froze my account completely and said it was due to "Data Concerns" which I believed.  I felt terrible thinking I must have been tired and made a mistake. After 3 days they unfroze my account and said that they checked everything and it was fine.  I went on accumulating points for another 2 weeks then BOOM as soon as I was ready to cash out,  my account was frozen again for "Data Concerns." Now, I knew something was wrong because I was extremely careful after they froze my account the first time.  I was writing everything down on index cards to be sure I did not make a mistake. Fist thing I did was contact  helpdesk but no one got back to me for a week.  I tried to contact them a second time,  then finally, a week later, they contact me and told me that they were dealing with a glitch, a technical problem that they were having with some of their accounts. They asked me to be patient, so I was.  I waited.   Weeks went by, I contacted them asking for information but no one got back to me. Next thing I know they send me a message telling me they are suspending my account due to data concerns and keeping my money.  As I told them, I have never had something like this happen with any other survey company and I was very careful when entering information due to the first freeze. I am contacting the better business bureau and others should do the same.  If I had not been meticulous when filling out their surveys, making sure I wrote everything down on index cards I would just assume I made a mistake and this is how they are ripping people off.  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Within the past few weeks I attempted to redeem $6.20 toward an Amazon gift card. Usually the code is delivered via email. I never received any email from them, but on the rewards history section on my home page it is listed as 'success'. I sent them an email asking for the code to be re-sent on February 9th, and they gave the standard response of thank you,  we will get back to you in a few days..yadda, yadda, yadda,. I have not had any contact from them since. I know that 6.20 is not a whole lot of money,  but I earned it and think I should be paid for my trouble. I am looking into who I can contact to rattle their cage a little and get some resolution.