Opinion Outpost Account Frozen

Nancy2

Have any other Opinion Outpost members noticed problems that have been going on lately? I went to cash out and I immediately received a message "Your Account has been Frozen due to Data Concerns". What data concerns?

I have been taking surveys like I normall do for the past few years and have never been frozen out of my account. Also, I have noticed lately that alot of the surveys I take do not reward me for taking them even though I carefully take them and spend time answering the questions. At the end, they take my survey and don't reward me.

It is getting quite frustrating and since I don't live on the East Coast I cannot call them right away. There should be someone there 24/7 to answer questions.

This site is having alot of issues and I am not sure why. They didn't use to be this way.

• Like 1

I just received a response to my email regarding my frozen account.

Customer service sent me an email with a ticket # which is normal; however, the response was very rude saying that maybe I speeded through the survey too fast or did not answer the questions correctly or have more than one account.

Helloooo! That does not sound very nice to me. It sounds very accusatory and I dont' like it.

I'm going to report that person as soon as I can get someone on the phone.

At what point should the BBB be contacted? Right away or give OO time to respond to my e-mail? I want my money and am determined to get it! :twisted:

• Like 1

I received a response to my inquiry:

We have verified that your account has been deactivated. This could have occurred for many different reasons including but not limited to, the quality of data returned on various surveys, having more than 1 account, speeding through surveys, etc. We will look into the reason why your account was deactivated and get back to you soon.

I don't feel that I fall in to any of those categories - I do answer some of the initial prequalification questions quickly, just because I am so used to them that I know what I'm doing, and have a fast connection, but have never "sped" through a survey, nor would I have more than one account. Funny that I'm not the only one this happened to today, and while cashing out (this sounds just like the OP's issue). Does this mean you never get your account back? OO was my top earner.

BTW - just as I suspected - my SurveySpot account, which I never use anymore, was frozen also.

• Like 1

I just signed up with this company yesterday. After looking around the site for awhile I thought I would try it. I have only set up my profile, confirmed my email addy and have not yet taken any surveys mainly because I don't understand the point system all that well. Sounds like maybe I don't even want to get mixed up with them now though.

Keep us updated.

I did extremely well with them until now - the point system is relatively simple - each point equals 10 cents (10 point survey = $1). You can cash out through PayPal at 100 points ($10) and they pay immediately. That's why I'm so disappointed. It was always so reliable for me...I could easily count on about $15-$20/week and get it immediately.

WOW, I looked at OO's Facebook page, and it's full of people suddenly complaining of their accounts being frozen. And they are typically frozen when users go to cash out. I'm thinking either they are trying to get rid of some of their heavy users that earn a lot, or it's a glitch in the website. At least we are not alone!

All the people that have problems with Opinion Outpost are because they violate their terms and conditions and then the accounts are frozen. Opinion Outpost is the best company with more than 250,000 members, they cancel accounts from fraudulent people to maintain quality of data.

At least Jessica from Surveyhead is honest about her affiliation. There are plenty of long time users on this site who have been frozen, or their accounts just disappeared with the merger. You know that many people did not "violate the terms....." after many years of doing these surveys. Why suddenly is this happening? And from what I am reading, it only happens when you go to cash out? Don't get me wrong; I loved OO before they went to Survey Spot. They were one of the best around on support and compensation. But now they have just gone straight down the crapper.

This from Opinion's Facebook page:

We had some issues with accounts being deactivated yesterday. Please be patient while we reactivate accounts. Your points will still be there. Thank you.

Take it however you wish. I still can't log on, but am hoping they will fix it. There is so much frusturation, so many users have been affected, that I think they'll have to.