Opinion Outpost Account Frozen

Nancy2

All the people that have problems with Opinion Outpost are because they violate their terms and conditions and then the accounts are frozen. Opinion Outpost is the best company with more than 250,000 members, they cancel accounts from fraudulent people to maintain quality of data.
This from Opinion's Facebook page:

We had some issues with accounts being deactivated yesterday. Please be patient while we reactivate accounts. Your points will still be there. Thank you.

Take it however you wish. I still can't log on, but am hoping they will fix it. There is so much frusturation, so many users have been affected, that I think they'll have to.

Okay David22, would you like to apologize individually or do one big group apology. Accusing us of violating terms and conditions when the companies own website admits that accounts were accidentally deactivated. We are waiting...............

All the people that have problems with Opinion Outpost are because they violate their terms and conditions and then the accounts are frozen. Opinion Outpost is the best company with more than 250,000 members, they cancel accounts from fraudulent people to maintain quality of data.

David22 there are people who do knowingly violate the terms and agreement. But not everyone violates these things. Sometimes survey company's use this as a slick way to get out of paying money. That is why in a lot of cases when they do they can never actually come up with the main reason and give you 3 or so more other reason why it was frozen, because they don't have any proof, because there is none it is called a SCAM!

I was with OO for about two years and did over 250 surveys. Out of the 250 surveys I only qualified for about 70 of them. Then one day they wouldn't pay me for a survey, didn't freeze my account, but refused to pay me. I spent the time it said it would take and it even went a little over. They gave me not 1, not 2 but like 3 excuses as to ONE of the reason I was not getting paid, nor were they able to provide ANY proof that I violated the terms of agreement. The BBB agreed with me because of the excuses they came up with, but No proof of any wrong doing.

So for you to say Everyone has violated the terms and that is why... well just remember when something like that happens to you and you come here Crying and complaining about it, I dought you will fine any sympathy from anyone. I know I am just going to Assume that you must be guilty, because according to you Everyone is Guilty of it and OO is just Perfect Angels that would Never Screw anyone... right?

I just noticed this morning I was frozen out of my Opinion Outpost account as well as the other SSI panels I belong to, Opinion World, PCH Online Surveys and Survey Spot. This is the second time this has happened to me in the last six months. The first time it happened I finally got it straightened out but it took several months. And now it happens again. I sent e-mails to all four panels this morning and am waiting for them to get back to me as to what the problem is. I wonder if this is a coincidence or not but this week I participated in a online focus group through Opinion Outpost which took 90 minutes of my time and now I wonder if I will get paid for my participation. I am pretty sure the points I earned are going to be added to my Opinion Outpost account balance but now with my account being frozen, I am not sure I will ever get paid. It's strange that my account was fine on Wednesday when I did the focus group and now a couple of days later, it is frozen. I became suspicious because I hadn't received any e-mails from the four SSI panels for a couple of days and that was unusual so I decided to check the accounts this morning and they all were frozen. I wonder if they are trying to scam me and get out of paying me for participating in the focus group. It is strange to me that my account gets frozen soon after I did the focus group. I belong to about 25 different panels and the SSI ones are the only ones that I seem to run into these kind of problems with. I wonder if it is even worth staying with them at this point even if I am successful in getting my accounts for the 4 panels reinstated. At this point, I wouldn't recommend them to anybody. Getting your accounts frozen for no apparent reason and on top of that spending 20 minutes or more to complete surveys and getting nothing but a sweepstakes entry. Rewards for completing surveys on these four panels are terrible. A lot of time invested to try to complete surveys and little reward in doing so. I bet less than 25% of the surveys on these four panels give you points. The rest of them, if you are even able to complete them, give you a sweepstakes entry. I am starting to wonder if the sweepstakes they have are even legitimate. If they are, I would like to see a list of the winners. That would be the only way I would know for sure it isn't a scam. With the freezing of accounts along with doing surveys and not really being rewarded makes me wonder if all four of these sites are scams.

mikedorb, a ton of people had been experiencing frozen accounts late last week. The "freezings" weren't targeted to certain users, it was site-wide. It was a glitch in the site (mine was frozen, also, but I got it back in less than 24hrs). I personally don't think OO is a scam, perhaps shoddy in a lot of their business practices, but I feel they're legitimate. It's the only SSI panel I really fool with anymore. Sometimes lately it takes them a few hours to credit the points.

When did you last log in before today? Perhaps they haven't gotten around to re-activating all accounts. Mine was frozen late Thursday and I got it back Friday afternoon. Many of the "frozen" accounts got that way when users tried to redeem points through PayPal.

I think I logged in maybe on Thursday after I did the focus group on Wednesday and it was OK then. So my account had to be frozen sometime from Thursday on. I wasn't really paying that much attention because I do surveys from a bunch of companies and also other things as well but it hit me this morning that I hadn't seen any e-mails from any of the SSI companies since probably Friday and that was unusual so I decided to try to log into my accounts and found all of them frozen. I knew there was a problem with people being frozen out of their accounts but I have no idea if I was part of that. Didn't the problem affect just those people trying to cashout this week to paypal? I wasn't trying to cashout so that couldn't have been a reason my accounts were frozen. Also all my SSI accounts were frozen. Not just Opinion Outpost. My PCH Online Surveys, Survey Spot and Opinion World accounts were frozen as well. The same thing happened to me last December and it took several months before my accounts were reinstated. From my experience, if you belong to multiple SSI panels and there is a problem with one, all of them get frozen. And also does anyone know if this problem of people being frozen out their accounts is just Opinion Outpost or the other SSI panels are affected as well? All of mine are frozen and I belong to 4 of them.

I saw a lot of posts on OO's Facebook page that users were frozen when trying to redeem via PayPal (I was one of them), but I don't know if it's limited to those users. I only belong to SurveySpot and Opinion Outpost, and I was frozen from both. If you use Facebook you might want to post something there and see if OO or another member has anything to say.

I also did a focus group .last year on OO and a few days later my account was froze. I never did get paid for it. But as for the $105.00 in my account when OO/SSI froze it, went through BBB to get it. Another focus group on OO early last year I think February 2011 when OO was still OO I did get paid for the focus group.

It is interesting to hear that someone else's account got frozen after doing a focus group. It makes me wonder if it was done intentionally to avoid paying me. Come to think of it, I can't even remember them telling me or if they did how many points I would get for doing the focus group. Most of the time with the SSI panels, I would get to $10.00 and then cash out. I wouldn't let the money accumulate especially after I got frozen out of my accounts once already. I think I have like 63 points in my Opinion Outpost account right now which would be $6.30. I don't think it would be worth it to go to the BBB to try to get $6.30. If it was like $100.00, that would be a different story.

A lot of users still seem to have frozen accounts, so I wouldn't count getting your account back in the next few days out, yet. They probably didn't do any work this weekend, but hopefully tomorrow. I'm still waiting for PayPal to work. There are still glitches to iron out, for sure - fingers crossed

I just checked and my accounts are still frozen. I guess I have to wait to either hear from the panels( I e-mailed the four panels) or hope my accounts get reinstated. There isn't really anything else I can do at this point.

I just checked my e-mail and got a reply from Opinion Outpost. They confirmed that my account was deactivated and mentioned several possible reasons including but not limited to the quality of data returned on various surveys, having more than 1 account, speeding through surveys, etc. and that they would look into the reason why my account was deactivated and get back to me soon. My other three SSI panels I haven't heard anything from. So I guess I am in a holding pattern for now.

I just checked and my accounts are still frozen. I guess I have to wait to either hear from the panels( I e-mailed the four panels) or hope my accounts get reinstated. There isn't really anything else I can do at this point.

I just checked my e-mail and got a reply from Opinion Outpost. They confirmed that my account was deactivated and mentioned several possible reasons including but not limited to the quality of data returned on various surveys, having more than 1 account, speeding through surveys, etc. and that they would look into the reason why my account was deactivated and get back to me soon. My other three SSI panels I haven't heard anything from. So I guess I am in a holding pattern for now.

Contact the BBB. :)

http://www.bbb.org/

If I file a complaint with the BBB, should it be because my accounts have been frozen for all 4 SSI panels or just to recover the money due me? None of them owe me much money because I had been cashing out regularly with each panel, usually after reaching a $10.00 balance. I think Opinion Outpost owes me $6.30, not including the focus group I did last week which I am afraid I will never be paid for.The problem with the focus group is I don't even remember or maybe it wasn't even communicated to me how much I was supposed to be paid to participate.

If I file a complaint with the BBB, should it be because my accounts have been frozen for all 4 SSI panels or just to recover the money due me? None of them owe me much money because I had been cashing out regularly with each panel, usually after reaching a $10.00 balance. I think Opinion Outpost owes me $6.30, not including the focus group I did last week which I am afraid I will never be paid for.The problem with the focus group is I don't even remember or maybe it wasn't even communicated to me how much I was supposed to be paid to participate.

i'd wait a day or 2 for them to reply to you.. if they've had such problems over the weekend it'll slow down their response time. You never know what their retaliation tactics will be to someone threatening action against them.. they may have hidden filters in place to give you less surveys in the future.. at least wait until they reply. They've always sounded professional in replying to me.

I did extremely well with them until now - the point system is relatively simple - each point equals 10 cents (10 point survey = $1). You can cash out through PayPal at 100 points ($10) and they pay immediately. That's why I'm so disappointed. It was always so reliable for me...I could easily count on about $15-$20/week and get it immediately.

Thanks for the explanation. That clears up my confusion and is actually much better than I assumed it was. I still haven't done anything for them yet. Am going to wait and see how this "frozen account" thing plays out and will decide from there. I'm not about to do surveys for free for anyone.

Both. I'd communicate the fact that they owe you money (including the focus group) and the fact that all of your accounts have been frozen without notice. Even if it's just a dollar or so, they still owe you!