Opinion Outpost Account Frozen

Nancy2

I filed a complaint with the BBB today against Survey Spot. I really was left with no alternative. I asked for either reinstatement of my account and if that is not possible, I want the money in my account refunded to me even though it isn't much. I will keep everyone updated after I hear from them.

I did that also against OO. :? The BBB got my $105.00 within 2 weeks. :wink:

• Like 1

I filed a complaint with the BBB today against Survey Spot. I really was left with no alternative. I asked for either reinstatement of my account and if that is not possible, I want the money in my account refunded to me even though it isn't much. I will keep everyone updated after I hear from them.

I did that also against OO. :? The BBB got my $105.00 within 2 weeks. :wink:

Glad to hear you got your money! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I finally heard from the BBB today. Survey Spot still refuses to reinstate my account but have agreed to refund the money due me even though I believe it is only a few dollars. I am going to accept that. I really would have liked to have been reinstated and disagree with their reasons for freezing my account but at this point this is the best I am able to do.

• 11 months later...

WHY IS MY ACOUNT FROZEN?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!?! ive benn a mamber for about 2 weeks and i didnt get on for about 2 days, and when i get on its frozen!!! i didnt break the terms and agreement so this better be a mistake! i was just about to redeem my points!!

They have been having tons of technical problems. First--of the few surveys that I could start, most had error messages. Then I could not cash out at all--in any browser I tried (Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome). Everytime I tried in all 3 browsers I was told that my session had expired and to log-in again, which I did over and over and over. They finally got that fixed, but now for the past 2 days you keep getting the same 15-minute survey for 10 points saying it's closed every time you click on 'start survey.'

Look on their FB page. Lots of people are having problems with the site. And many of the posts aren't even being published. I posted twice about the technical problems and neither post appeared so far.

So don't panic. It probably has nothing to do with you. I would email customer service. But even then you might have problems. I emailed them twice last week, the first email got returned as undeliverable.

eta: I finally was able to post a remark on the FB page about the technical problems and it showed up immediately, but I had to post it as a reply to another message, not as an original comment, which apparently OO needs to approve before it goes on the wall.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this happened to you or not, but if you try to cash out and use a different paypal account you'll get frozen, if you try to cash out and have a survey open from them you'll get frozen. What sucks? You'll wind up losing several days as a result for a dumb mistake. It takes them usually a couple days to unlock you then you'll have to wait 24 hrs to unlock your account.

Oh and my suggestion is to call them, it's usually faster.

For that matter when it comes problems with many big survey companies it's best to call. One time I got frozen on iPoll when I was doing magazine surveys, which I've done many many times so I can do them quite fast, and I guess I did one too fast and got frozen. I tried the email thing it got me nowhere. Call them and got almost instantly unlocked. I could tell you similar stories from other sites, but long story short phone CSRs are usually worlds better then the CSRs who answer emails. This is not just for the problem here but a generally a good idea for survey companies in general.

I'm not sure if this happened to you or not, but if you try to cash out and use a different paypal account you'll get frozen, if you try to cash out and have a survey open from them you'll get frozen. What sucks? You'll wind up losing several days as a result for a dumb mistake. It takes them usually a couple days to unlock you then you'll have to wait 24 hrs to unlock your account.

Oh and my suggestion is to call them, it's usually faster.

For that matter when it comes problems with many big survey companies it's best to call. One time I got frozen on iPoll when I was doing magazine surveys, which I've done many many times so I can do them quite fast, and I guess I did one too fast and got frozen. I tried the email thing it got me nowhere. Call them and got almost instantly unlocked. I could tell you similar stories from other sites, but long story short phone CSRs are usually worlds better then the CSRs who answer emails. This is not just for the problem here but a generally a good idea for survey companies in general.

Had the same problem. Their support people are not helpful at all...

Yes, I have had this happen and it took a week via email to get my account unfrozen. They act like your a thief. Very easy to do if you have more than one PayPal account as PayPal keeps the last used address in the signon. If you don't notice that you may wind up using the wrong PayPal address. What they really should do is allow you to change your PayPal address in your account like some other sites rather than using your login in email address for OO as your PayPal address. But that makes too much sense. What is ironic is that my PayPal address for OO is my wife's. You are not supposed to use a PayPal address that is not in your name but has worked for me despite their admonition that it has to be in your name. Now I fear that changing my login in address for OO to sync to my PayPal address will cause the next PayPal cash out to not work as it is not the same as the one I used the last time I did a PayPal cash out.

• 6 months later...

Things started out good and then SO frustrating! I work in sales for a small construction company and recently got cut to very part-time for the winter, so decided to try to up my survey time. Since I was making the most with Opinion Outpost, I put most time into those surveys. but you know the routine ... half way or even completing a survey getting disqualified or broken links that don't credit your points.. Sometimes spending 8-10 hrs a day at the computer to maybe make $10 or $15. Then, I asked my roommate to sign up. I read the requirements and you are allowed to have to ppl per household. So, I referred him with a link that was supposed to get a dollar for the ref. For about a month, both of our accounts are making money, We have separate emails and even separate paypal and bank accounts yet sometimes use the same home computer, About a week or so ago, I realize that I never got my referral bonus, so I email them ask about it and show the the referral link sent to my roommate. Now in the past it takes days to get an answer and some bs about why I never got credit for survey, etc, This time I get an email back right away saying" we check into this and take what actions appropriate. I thought that was weird. A day or two later, bother of our accts were frozen. I get an email saying that the link I sent belonged to another member and my acct blocked. Never got anywhere with them before in the past, I decided to not argue and just start all over again. This time an account just for myself. I take about $20 in surveys and then the new account is frozen. Then I get another email regarding my original account and inquiry and they said yes you are able to have two accounts per household but not three. I only opened the third , because they froze both my account and my roommates, and thought they were gone.. I took all the time and answered the questions accurately and getting paid so little for so much time and I get made to feel like a criminal. Does anyone know if I have any recourse? Also, I tried to sign up on Paid Viewpoint and got the email link and tried to finish the registration, I got a message saying " We cannot accept you're registration at this time." Could I have been black listed by Outpost to other websites/ panels and if so, do I have any recourse? Also, does anyone any suggestions for decent panels or anything else legit that pays cash, not gift cards or Amazon codes. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi- Inbox Dollars pays cash. You get paid 2 cents for each email you read, and they also send lots of surveys, but lately I have not been eligible for 90% of the surveys, but my demographics are probably a lot worse than yours. I just became eligible for Pinecone a few weeks ago too finally. I believe they pay in cash, but I have only done one survey with them, and it is unclear how much it is worth. On Inbox Dollars, I have only made $118 in the last year, but my demographics stink. I am over 60, and I don't have any children at home, and I don't have cable or a pet. Maybe you will have better luck than I have.

All the other survey companies I am signed up with I get Amazon GC. I got a $100 Amazon GC from myview two months ago, and I am eligible for another $25 GC right now. I don't belong, but Swagbucks also pays cash I believe.

• 2 months later...

Opinion Outpost is still at it. They terminate accounts, claiming you violated their terms and conditions, and keep your cash. They don't even bother to tell you HOW you violated their terms and conditions. FRAUD.

• 1 year later...

I have also been frozen out of both SurveySpot and Opinion Outpost. I hope they fix the problem because I have always answered the survey's honestly and truthful. I feel if they are questioning the data then show me what their concern is. A general search result showed that some accounts were accidentally froze so I hope thats whats going on. I have also been unable to access Peanut Labs from Swagbucks. I hardly ever qualify for them so don't get why it shows a black screen with "website blocked by filter".  We do the surveys in good faith BEFORE we recieve a reward so they should show good FAITH in honoring the rewards.

I have been a member of these places for 3 years. I may do what others have done file with BBB

• 10 months later...

I been working on opinon outpost for yeras and never never had this problem the last day I work  I did some surveys one of them I finish and gave me the stars and they never pay me that's!! not good this is the fourth time they do this to me I call and they never unfroze my account  well I don't know I don't know that to do

I realized they weren't sending me emails for surveys anymore so I logged in just now and it says my account is frozen for data concerns.  Never had this happen anywhere else before.  I had about 46 points so no huge loss if I can't get unfrozen.  I've been toying with the idea of dropping them lately anyway.