Opinion Outpost Account Frozen

Nancy2

Another update on my situation with the SSI panels. I have now heard from three of them, Opinion Outpost, Survey Spot and PCH Online Surveys and they all gave me the same speech that they are looking into the situation and will get back to me shortly as to the exact reason my accounts were frozen. Opinion World is the only one I haven't heard from yet so I expect to within the next day or two and will probably get the same response that I got from the other panels.

Anyway, at this point, I think it might be best to wait a week or so for these panels to get back to me. If they don't, then maybe one more e-mail to each panel, wait another week and then if I still get no responses, then pursue it with the BBB. I really don't want to go to the BBB unless I have no other alternative. I am afraid of retribution from them, especially considering the focus group I did last week that I am looking to be paid for. My goal is to get reinstated by these panels. These are far from being my best panels as far as making money, but in the past year I have had $10.00 cashouts a number of times to either paypal or for amazon cards so I really want to stay with them, even though it is frustrating at times because often I spend a lot of time doing a survey and get nothing other than a sweepstakes entry. But this is still better than what some of the other panels do. One of them,for example, Springboard America, I have belonged to for maybe a year or so and I have about 13 dollars in my account and you need 50.00 to cash out. At that rate, I will be able to cash out in about another 3 years or so.Springboard America sends me very few surveys where at least the SSI companies send me a lot of surveys. Most of their surveys pay very little and a lot of them just give sweepstakes entries but at least you will eventually be able to get enough to be able to cashout.

But I am curious as to the exact reason all my accounts were frozen. So I am anxiously waiting to hear what they say. I don't think I speeded through their surveys or submitted any conflicting data when completing them. And i don't think I have multiple accounts with any of these panels. That was why my accounts got frozen last December. They found I had a second Survey Spot account which I was unaware of and never used. So I just had them cancel that account and was promptly reinstated to the 4 panels. I basicly want to stay with these panels because of a chance to be involved in projects that pay more than their regular surveys. Like the focus group I did last week. And I almost forgot about another one I did with Opinion World a couple of weeks ago and have yet to be paid. That one involved keeping a diary for three days and after each day, documenting when and how I received news information for the day. That one paid about $5 if I remember correctly and I know my points never got added before my accounts were frozen. So this company owes me for that as well as the focus group. I just want to get this straightened out and get what is owed me for my time and effort. I don't really want to get the BBB involved unless I feel there is no other alternative.

OO has frozen my account 2 different times. When I asked why they told me it was because I had not been doing their surveys. I told them to send me a decent paying survey and I would be glad to do it. If not just stick the damn things.

Not doing their surveys couldn't possibly be the reason my accounts were frozen because I try to complete every survey offered to me. Maybe they don't like that either and that is the reason my accounts were frozen. I just don't know. I guess I just have to wait until they tell me the exact reason.

Since Survey Spot bought them out I wouldn't trust Opinion Outpost in a porta potty with a muzzle on!

Yep that is so true, we all saw what happened to Survey Spot! Survey Spot was the very first survey company I started with, I originally saw their commercial several years ago, back when they were an Honest Survey Company!

Mine is frozen because it was linked to my mom because i used to live with her and had same address so now waiting for response from them to get in unfrozen and I been frozen since early Tuesday.

I have now heard from all four SSI panels and they all have confirmed my accounts are frozen and would check out the exact reason why and get back to me. If I don't hear from them by the beginning of next week, I probably will e-mail them again. I don't want this thing dragging on for several months like it did the last time it happened if I can help it.

I have now heard from all four SSI panels and they all have confirmed my accounts are frozen and would check out the exact reason why and get back to me. If I don't hear from them by the beginning of next week, I probably will e-mail them again. I don't want this thing dragging on for several months like it did the last time it happened if I can help it.

If I were you, just go ahead and get the ball rolling and report them to the BBB. Because OO will drag it out!

Another update. I heard from PCH Online Surveys this morning and they reinstated my account. In the email they sent me, they told me to be careful only to do surveys from my home computer and to do only one survey at a time. There was a day a couple of weeks ago where I had a problem with Toluna on my computer and I used a different computer to check it out, a computer in the residents community room in my apartment building. After checking out the Toluna problem, I remember going to some other sites as well and it is possible I did a survey from one of the SSI panels on this other computer but I can't remember for sure. It just seems the SSI panels are quirky . Their computer system seems to pick up anything that is irregular. So if you happen to do a survey from a SSI panel using a different computer than the one you usually use, you might wind up getting your account frozen. Maybe now that my PCH Online Surveys account has been reinstated, I will hear from the other three soon, Opinion Outpost, Opinion World and Survey Spot and get those accounts reinstated as well. I really don't want to deal with the BBB unless I feel I have no other choice. I want to give these panels a chance to get back to me.

Just keeping everybody updated. I still haven't heard anything further from Opinion Outpost, Survey Spot and Opinion World concerning my accounts being frozen so I sent followup e-mails today to the three companies. But I noticed that on my PCH Online Survey account, which got reinstated last week, that they added 5000 points. I can't quite figure out what the 5000 points is but it equals $50. The only thing I can think of is it is for the focus group I did two weeks ago. That was for Opinion Outpost but since that account was frozen maybe since it is the same company, they just put the points into my PCH Online Survey account. But I am not sure that's what it is for but it is the only thing I can think of. Anyway I made sure I cashed out the points for an Amazon gift card. I wasn't going to risk having my account frozen again and not having access to my points earned.

Another update. Opinion Outpost and Opinion World have reinstated my accounts. But I am still having problems with Survey Spot. They wrote back to me saying there were multiple accounts in my household. Back last December I dealt with the same thing and it was discovered I had two Survey Spot accounts, one which I was completely unaware of so I had them cancel the one I wasn't using and then they agreed to reinstate the other one. Now they are coming back with the multiple accounts thing again and this time they are telling me unfortunately they won't be able to reinstate my account. After getting this reply from them tonight, I e-mailed them again, explained the situation and am asking for more specific info as to exactly what the problem is. I know I don't have multiple accounts with them anymore unless they never cancelled the account out of their system they were supposed to cancel. My feeling now is wait a few days and wait and see if I get another reply from them and if I do and I am not satisfied with their explanation and they don't agree to reinstate my account, I will then pursue this with the BBB. They do owe me some money but I don't have enough money in the account to cash out. I am not talking big bucks here but if they refuse to reinstate my account, don't you think they still need to pay me the money that is in my account? And if I recall correctly, there was a survey involving a diary that I completed and the points earned were not yet added to my account at the time my account was frozen. I can't remember what the payment for that survey was supposed to be. Maybe around $4.00 if I recall. I am not sure exactly how much Survey Spot owes me for everything including that diary survey. It is probably around $9.00 or so.

Another update. Opinion Outpost and Opinion World have reinstated my accounts. But I am still having problems with Survey Spot. They wrote back to me saying there were multiple accounts in my household. Back last December I dealt with the same thing and it was discovered I had two Survey Spot accounts, one which I was completely unaware of so I had them cancel the one I wasn't using and then they agreed to reinstate the other one. Now they are coming back with the multiple accounts thing again and this time they are telling me unfortunately they won't be able to reinstate my account. After getting this reply from them tonight, I e-mailed them again, explained the situation and am asking for more specific info as to exactly what the problem is. I know I don't have multiple accounts with them anymore unless they never cancelled the account out of their system they were supposed to cancel. My feeling now is wait a few days and wait and see if I get another reply from them and if I do and I am not satisfied with their explanation and they don't agree to reinstate my account, I will then pursue this with the BBB. They do owe me some money but I don't have enough money in the account to cash out. I am not talking big bucks here but if they refuse to reinstate my account, don't you think they still need to pay me the money that is in my account? And if I recall correctly, there was a survey involving a diary that I completed and the points earned were not yet added to my account at the time my account was frozen. I can't remember what the payment for that survey was supposed to be. Maybe around $4.00 if I recall. I am not sure exactly how much Survey Spot owes me for everything including that diary survey. It is probably around $9.00 or so.

When ever I do any amount for whoever, I jot it down. And anymore, I have been taking screenshots after every survey BEFORE I submit it. :?

I just heard from Survey Spot and they are refusing to reinstate my account without giving me any specifics as to why my account was frozen. I would have pasted their response on this message board but i am not sure if it is against the rules. I don't want to get into any trouble here. Anyway, what they responded was something to the effect that they tried to get the fraud team to look at my account again but it was being blocked by their system because of having multiple accounts and also accused me of giving irrelevant responses to their surveys whatever that means. I guess I am left with no alternative than to contact the BBB. How do I go about doing that? I did get into their website to take a look about what you do to file a complaint. It looks like you file complaints by state. Is that correct? And is it the state I live in or the state that Survey Spot is located in that you go to file the complaint? And should the basis of the complaint be that they deactivated my account for no specific reason and also to try to get the money they owe me? It is a small amount but I don't remember exactly how much but it is less than $10 I am quite sure. To me it strikes me as strange that the other three SSI companies reinstated my accounts but Survey Spot refuses to do so and they have not given me a satisfactory explanation as to why my account was frozen. I need to know the other email addresses of the account or accounts Survey Spot claims I have with them. They have not given me that info. As far as I know I had only one account with them. The second one which was an issue before once I found out about it they were supposed to cancel it.I was completely unaware of that second account. I never used it . I may have inadvertantly signed up for it through another panel without realizing it. I only was using one Survey Spot account. I wasn't trying to deceive them in any way. And the second thing they told me about giving irrelevant responses to surveys makes no sense to me either. I answer their surveys the way I answer surveys for every panel I belong to. I try to give honest and thoughful answers.Survey Spot may be the worst of the SSI panels. I was able to complete a number of their surveys but most of them gave you nothing but a sweepstakes entry. The other SSI panels seemed to give me more surveys with points and at least at some point I would be able to cash out. With Survey Spot, it seemed to take forever. I am really questioning their legitimacy. I am not sure their sweepstakes really even exist. If they do, shouldn't I be able to find out who won? You would think the winners names would be posted. I lot of times I would complete a survey and it would take me around 15 or 20 minutes and I would get nothing but a sweepstakes entry. That doesn't sound fair. Other survey sites will at least give you .50, .75 or a dollar to complete a survey. It seems that Survey Spot is ripping people off. They have the nerve to complain that I am giving irrelevant information on surveys yet most of them I am getting nothing but a sweepstakes entry anyway. They are paying me absolutely nothing. My main reason for wanting to stick with the SSI panels is to get opportunites at focus groups which pay well or interactive surveys. A few weeks ago, I forgot which panel , it might not have even been a SSI one, I did an interactive survey that took 45 minutes of my time and for participating I received a $10 prepaid card. That is the kind of stuff I really enjoy doing because I am being paid for my time and effort. With the way Survey Spot pays, just doing regular surveys, it may take a year or more to accumulate enough points for a $10 cashout.

I *think* you file it by the state the company is located in, but I'm not sure.

I haven't logged on to SurveySpot in weeks. They want to give me 50 cents for 20 minutes. They never offer anything worthwhile to me. I'm glad you got your OO account back. I know that's the one I'd be most upset about.

I *think* you file it by the state the company is located in, but I'm not sure.

I haven't logged on to SurveySpot in weeks. They want to give me 50 cents for 20 minutes. They never offer anything worthwhile to me. I'm glad you got your OO account back. I know that's the one I'd be most upset about.

Yeah I am pretty sure that is what you do. They do have a rating, but don't remember what it is.