• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jellyfish

• SurveyBang

• JamesM

• tilly62

I signed up for this and it looks pretty cool.

Problem is - what are you supposed to do?? I don't see anywhere on the website that explains what you do. I filled in all the profiles and downloaded the program onto my desktop. But how do you go about things from there? Confused. :)

I signed up for this and it looks pretty cool.

Problem is - what are you supposed to do?? I don't see anywhere on the website that explains what you do. I filled in all the profiles and downloaded the program onto my desktop. But how do you go about things from there? Confused. :)

I keep checking for ads periodically throughout the day, by clicking "reload" on the YouData 5 stack. There are lots of days I don't have any ads to view but every week there are at least a few.

I see! Thanks. So, they pay you just for looking at the ads even if you don't sign up or order the free trial or whatever?

It seems like a lot of fun so far. And I thought their profile questions were great! Different than most of the survey sites. :)

I see! Thanks. So, they pay you just for looking at the ads even if you don't sign up or order the free trial or whatever?

It seems like a lot of fun so far. And I thought their profile questions were great! Different than most of the survey sites. :)

Yes, there is no obligation whatsoever. You just have to click on the ad & view it. That's it. My first week I made over $8 but last week I only got $.32. :( It's very rarely a dollar per week anymore.

youdata has gotten confusing. Started as if one could make a couple of dollars each week, which it all adds up. Now I am getting nothing, so what is up you data?

Hello everyone! I posted earlier here about what we were doing here at YouData and wanted to give you all an update.

First of all, thank you very much for your interest in YouData. Our mission is nothing short of changing how online advertising works. We think that you should be paid every time your attention is delivered to an advertiser. In return, advertisers should feel confident that they are reaching one and only one real person with real interests and needs.

So here's my update for you. I am on of the engineers developing youdata and as such I take all of your input seriously. Since March 1 we have grown our number of consumers (you) by over 450%! Along with that has come a need for us to ramp up our advertising side to keep pace. I know I have probably posted this link before but it's worth another post to give you a little background:

http://www.getsatisfaction.com/youdata/ ... t_each_day

This will be the constant work we will have here at youdata -- to make the marketplace a balanced one with you on one side and advertisers on the other. We are also in the middle of our Series B round of financing. As you may know we launched to the US public in October of 2008 and the growth has been phenomenal. We were recently nominated as a finalist at SXSW Interactive in Austin, TX. We were up for the "Innovative Web Technology" award. That was fun. When we complete our next round, we will be investing significantly in our sales and marketing teams so that we can attract even more advertisers to the service. If you know of even the smallest business wishing to reach very targeted consumers with quality attention, please do send them our way ([email protected]).

Our ad player is now present on a few hundred partner web sites like kirtsy.com, thebloggess.com, and many more. We love them all so when you see our player on any site, please have a look and consider sharing some of your click-through proceeds with the site as a "tip". :)

Also, please note that we consider ourselves an advertising network and not a paid-click site or a survey site. Your are building your product (attention) with demographics and psychograhics. Advertisers then make anonymous offers to you based on your traits. For instance (fictional) if you own a dog and a fish but no cats, then perhaps dogsandfish.com might want your attention but specifically not want to send you an ad because of that cat. :) That's an extreme example but hopefully it paints a picture of the matching engine we are building on the backend to match you up with advertisers.

Also, note that we don't really encourage you to come to youdata.com to watch ads all the time -- you will not get rich (as you know!). Instead, imagine a day when a large number of the ordinary wesbites you visit on a daily basis have the youdata player right there in their site. It is then that paid advertising becomes part of your experience instead of a destination in itself. For that reason, please be patient with us while we continue to build the audience of MeFiles, advertisers, and web sites.

We hear you and try our best to participate in every discussion (good and bad) about our offering so thanks for that!

Take care,

James

Engineer

[email protected]

You must have a very specific target group James as I have nadda last week and 16 cents this week. When can a general user expect to see more activity on your site? I am an active user that checks regularly.

Well, I get what James is saying, and it sounds like it's a work in progress, so to speak.

I'm noticing that at the start of June, I began seeing Father's Day type ad banners, and there are interesting websites.

Let's just be patient, and I'm sure things will expand. :)

Things certainly aren't "expanding" for me. This week I got nothing from YouData; nada, zilch, not one cent. That has never happened to me since I signed on with them, until now.

<-------Disgusted :(

Well, yeah, I got 13 cents, even though it said 14 cents on the stack counter. Not gonna quibble over a penny, though. :) That was for one banner ad early in the week and that was it.

I was hoping there would be a lot more, since Father's Day is coming up.

Disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...