Slice the Pie/Music X-ray

lizvasquez21

Ok so i signed up with slice the pie to check it out and see how it is. On my second review it asks that i enter more elements reguarding the song???? What does that mean? Anyone ?? Thanks :shock:

Pretty much exactly what it says. They want reviews about vocals, melody, if it's catchy, etc.

This is why I don't like the site - it's a lot of work for that 10 cents.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lizvasquez21

• idylatoo

• Anh-Hoang

• stormycloud

Ok so i signed up with slice the pie to check it out and see how it is. On my second review it asks that i enter more elements reguarding the song???? What does that mean? Anyone ?? Thanks :shock:

Yeah, when I review the songs I talk about the genre, the tone, the beat, the rhythm, the instruments, the vocals, the harmony or chorus, the pitch, the theme, the lyrics...things like that....or if it seems dull, weak, repetitive or catchy...or if it sounds good for a movie...I used a lot of descriptive words.

I have problems sometimes like when there is no sound...so they I write that there must of been technicical difficulties cuz i didnt hear anything...sometimes they ask to rewrite my review cuz it sounds too similar too others...so I just change the words with an online thesaurus... :)

sometimes they play radio songs like "I found love in a hopeless place" and yesterday they emailed me that songs would be 20cents for a limited time...so when I logged on I reviews alot of songs...so now I have 7.00...I already cashed out twice..hopefully i cash out soon again... :D

and when you reached a certain level and ur reviews get longer...like passed the mark..they start paying you 0.12 to 0.15cents...

Pretty much exactly what it says. They want reviews about vocals, melody, if it's catchy, etc.

This is why I don't like the site - it's a lot of work for that 10 cents.

Yeah, slice the pie is good for me cuz i love music ..I like writing, and I'm fast at typing...its fun and fast for me...but it might not be like that for others...

I may keep going until cash out with Slice the Pie, but I won't keep doing it after that. They pay about 10 cents for a paragraph and I can make more than that with content writing for the same amount of time - and I don't have to listen to crummy music to do it. :lol: I think it's a neat idea, but I can make at least five times as much per paragraph elsewhere.

I find that Slice the Pie's pay rate is very similar to that of Postloop - a company that pays you to join and post on forums. With Postloop, you basically earn between 5-10 cents a post IF you make nice long paragraph-length posts. It's a nice way to earn if they have forums that match your interests, but if they don't it feels much like working for pennies (much like I feel with most songs on Slice the Pie).

I haven't gotten anymore songs in my inbox on Music X-Ray since my first day, but it seems like a site that everyone should sign up for because the amount of effort is incredibly low. The profile takes awhile, but basically all you do is listen to music and click if you like it - no extensive reviewing involved. For the amount of effort and possible payoff, I think it's an easy site to keep up with - just make a note to check it once a week - and (hopefully) eventually you'll reach payout level.

Where can you make more than "slice the pie" for writing???...music xray is better cuz you just have to listen to it but they are taking a long time to cash out cuz they don't always have alot of songs...

Just about anyplace. It's called content writing - there's a lot about it in various sites online dealing with work at home jobs. I like www.textbroker.com.

I'd like the site if it wasn't so demanding - I type quickly but I still have to make it relevant so it's a lot of effort for the payment. It's really a lot like www.postloop.com in that sense - that site pays you to join forums and post, but the breakdown is about the same - about 10 cents per paragraph. Actually, it might be a bit better if you make quality posts as my payout rate is about 20 cents per post.

I just think it's a lot of time for low pay compared to other opportunities if one has some skill as a writer. :)

Just about anyplace. It's called content writing - there's a lot about it in various sites online dealing with work at home jobs. I like http://www.textbroker.com.

I'd like the site if it wasn't so demanding - I type quickly but I still have to make it relevant so it's a lot of effort for the payment. It's really a lot like http://www.postloop.com in that sense - that site pays you to join forums and post, but the breakdown is about the same - about 10 cents per paragraph. Actually, it might be a bit better if you make quality posts as my payout rate is about 20 cents per post.

I just think it's a lot of time for low pay compared to other opportunities if one has some skill as a writer. :)

thanks! i'll try it out... :D

WARNING>>>>>so i recently joined slice the pie, cashed out twice...I was just about to cash out a third time yesterday (I was at 9.21, songs were 21cents) and then the site wouldn't take my review...so I logged out...and when I tried to re-log in it read..."Your account has been suspended because your reviews have breached our Terms & Conditions" :shock: ...I'm pretty sure I did not breach anything( only way to breach is if you have multiple accounts or cheat on reviews)...so I emailed them and I am waiting for a response... aww....I was so close to cashing out...:cry: ...

I got an email back...they suspended my account cause lately I scored alot of music with high rating like 8 or 9 :? I couldn't help it, lately they played alot of bruno mars, nicki minaj, rihanna, and pink...but it looks like they might re-open my account...so I'm waiting for another email. I scored them honestly, I really like the music lately...Has anyone else notice they played bruno mars, nicki minaj, rihanna, pink and other radio songs on there? Hopefully they re-open my account and I can cash out soon, :D but now I have to watch how I rate songs and be more critical. I normally don't rate 8 or 9 but the songs were good, it was like normal radio music.

I got an email back...they suspended my account cause lately I scored alot of music with high rating like 8 or 9 :? I couldn't help it, lately they played alot of bruno mars, nicki minaj, rihanna, and pink...but it looks like they might re-open my account...so I'm waiting for another email. I scored them honestly, I really like the music lately...Has anyone else notice they played bruno mars, nicki minaj, rihanna, pink and other radio songs on there? Hopefully they re-open my account and I can cash out soon, :D but now I have to watch how I rate songs and be more critical. I normally don't rate 8 or 9 but the songs were good, it was like normal radio music.

I have never even heard of bruno mars, nicki minaj, rihanna, pink and other radio songs :?

I have never even heard of bruno mars, nicki minaj, rihanna, pink and other radio songs :?

you mean.....you have never heard of them???? or never heard them on slice the pie? :?

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone..

Slice the pie has new bonus tracks to review a minimum of $0.15 per review...right now..but I'm getting paid .22cents :D so its awesome!!!

I got an email back...they suspended my account cause lately I scored a lot of music with high rating like 8 or 9 :? I couldn't help it, lately they played a lot of bruno mars, nicki minaj, rihanna, and pink...but it looks like they might re-open my account...so I'm waiting for another email. I scored them honestly, I really like the music lately...Has anyone else notice they played bruno mars, nicki minaj, rihanna, pink and other radio songs on there? Hopefully they re-open my account and I can cash out soon, :D but now I have to watch how I rate songs and be more critical. I normally don't rate 8 or 9 but the songs were good, it was like normal radio music.

you mean.....you have never heard of them???? or never heard them on slice the pie? :?

I never heard of any of those names, or the songs. I'm hopelessly lost in music from the 70's................ :D

• 3 months later...
Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that you can earn up to $0.30 per review on Slicethepie. There are hundreds of new tracks ready for you to review, why not log in now to get started? www.slicethepie.com

If you don't fancy reviewing, you earn commission for every review written by new friends you refer to Slicethepie. One scout on the site has only written 15 reviews themselves but has already earned over $90 in commission! To find out some more about how it works just check out this link.

I get this email from slice the pie every so often...so now I dont' review all the time..I just wait for this email and log on... review like crazy and I cash out on that day or the next...its good... it saves time :D

I don't know about the commission part...I wonder if it works...i found this site on craiglist...i sent my email to someone and they sent me the link to slice the pie..so I guess they are the ones making money :? has anyone tried that before? posting it somewhere..asking for emails..and then getting commission?