OTX Surverys

susiejean

I have a theory with these survey companies and I would like anyone's comments about it. Is it possible that the survey companies only qualify the younger people and those that have children at home? That they consider those of us who are older, at least 60+ older, as low consumes and they just don't care for our opinions? Is that possible? I'd like to know for sure so that I can find something else to do that would give me a little better income. I enjoy surveys but I am tired of doing them for little or nothing.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zeekers

• guerilla-gardener

• SurveyBang

• mrbucket

Is it possible that the survey companies only qualify the younger people and those that have children at home? I'd like to know for sure so that I can find something else to do that would give me a little better income.

Every company that commissions a survey has a certain target demographic in mind. Since most entities are in business to make a profit, it stands to reason that they would wish to target a market most likely to purchase their products or services. The reality is that the 29-45 y/o group with children spends the most. That said, there are still plenty of opportunities for we older folk. I'm 58 and never had children. I qualify for more surveys than I can, or wish to take. I don't work it hard, but still end up with about $600/yr between surveys and click throughs. I know that there are those making more and most considerably less, but I hope that no one considers this serious, "income". If I need "income" I get a job. Even WalMart greeters average $8 an hour. :|

I really don't know if it makes a differance, but why don't we all just stop doing OTX. Wonder if it would really change things since there are a lot of survey sites that are subbing for OTX. :(

Susie

That's what I've been saying for the longest time susiejean. Why do them for OTX or any site that sends them to you. Why even belong to their panel. Just ignore them at all costs.

I have not done any of their surveys after wasting a LONG time not getting anywhere. Whenever they come up I just X out of them. Not willing to give out free information and not get paid for it. Who knows maybe companies who really want our research on stuff will see this and NOT send out their surveys anymore!

• 1 month later...

Who knows maybe companies who really want our research on stuff will see this and NOT send out their surveys anymore!

If a site sends OTX surveys to you, just reply back to them that you will not do OTX, Ampario, Opinion Sphere or Survey Exchange surveys for any reason or anybody. They tend to hate it when I reply that way.