OTX Surverys

susiejean

:?:Has anyone ever qualified for one of their surveys? Usually out of Greenfield? I have gone through about 50 or more pre-qualifying starts, but have never qualified.

Has anyone ever completed one of their surveys????

Susie in MN

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zeekers

• guerilla-gardener

• SurveyBang

• mrbucket

Yes.

I can usually complete 3 or 4 a week...1 a day. Although I will have to go through at least 5-10 fails before I get a survey that will take me. I do always fail the same 5-10 before I get to the ones that will accept me.

It doesnt matter which company redirects me to the OTX site. I always go through the same routine with them. Usually as soon as I see the redirect to the OTX site, I decided right then and there if the currect incentive is worth me trying to qualify for anything there. AND many times I have spent more time trying to qualify for a survey than actually doing a survey that I get accepted for. A lot of companies use the OTX site for their survey hosting.

• 2 months later...

I can't get past the third question. Age, sex, state you live in, then I ALWAYS get the 'sorry, try for another?' Worse than never qualifying is I always try to. ....even though my eyes roll when the OTX screen comes up I give it a shot. I guess OTX would think I'm a real trooper. lol

OTX and Surveyhead both make my eyes roll. :roll: The other day I started another of many survey lists I keep. Within one day, from several different survey groups I didn't qualify for 11 OTX surveys in a row. I think OTX is a lose-lose situation. lol Which isn't fair, if they ask you your age, gender and origin then give you the ol' "try another survey?" screen, they've already gotten the info they needed without compensating you. So I agree, from now on, I'm hitting the X. No free info from me please. If you wanna no, pass over some coin. :lol:

OTX is notorious for having you complete about 15 minutes worth of a survey only to tell you that you don't qualify. I click out of them too. They are a waste of time. The $1 isn't worth it! A few survey sites use them too which is a shame.

Let's start an online petition to OTX. List our complaints with the organization, list their practices, list the companies that use them as a collection point. There has got to be some way to understand why they are as unethical as they are.

teachell

I agree with Jellyfish. When I see that a survey is from OTX, I close it out. I have wasted enough time on this type of survey that gets as much free info as they possibly can, then closes out and tells you that you don't qualify. I concentrate my time and effort on ethical panels that appreciate their panelists and pay them for their time.

OTX is taking over the survey world, and we are alowing this to happen. If we keep allowing them to take our information and not pay us, then we reap what we sow. Alot of good survey companys have started using OTX for some reason I cannot understand,except that they know how to get our information for nothing. I have complained to these companies and told them I would not do any OTX surveys. If we continue to do these surveys that are designed to take advantage of us,then we lose and OTX and the survey companys that aide and abet them take it all. Example, Survey Head used to have good paying surveys (3-5$) and they paid.

Now that OTX took over, you never see a survey that pays over $1 How many of these companys are going to let OTX bankrupt them? Thanks for listening guys. PS If you notice just as soon as OTX takes over these companys the pay drops like a rock. Who do you think is getting this extra money?

I don't waste my time with them anymore. When I see OTX I click that little red "X" in the upper right corner of my screen. :wink:

COME ON GUYS. OTX actually tells you what to do so that you can still have some self respect.

click On The X :lol:

Let's start an online petition to OTX. List our complaints with the organization, list their practices, list the companies that use them as a collection point. There has got to be some way to understand why they are as unethical as they are.

Actually that is a wonderful idea, teachell. I have been planning on having a way to get peoples opinions and legitimate complaints and having these looked at by the companies that are using survey companies like OTX and a few others by sending the info. to them. These major companies do not want people to have a 'bad taste in their mouth' (so to speak) when they think of their products. It's hard to believe , but true ,a lot of companies don't research the companies that are paid to do their research for them.

I have just not had the time to do such and for me it will take time as i'm not the most computer savvy person in the world, far from it.

I may be wrong, but i think that most people are like myself in that they do not expect to make a lot of money doing surveys, yet expect a little something in return (especially knowing that the survey company is) and the very best way to set me off is to insult my intelligent and waste my time. OTX is notorius about this.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally learned my lesson about OTX and have STOPPED doing their surveys. I think I have qualified for about 3 out of 50 that I tried for. As someone stated above, they are taking over the survey world and we are LETTING THEM DO THIS. We are ALLOWING them to be unethical and collect information without providing compensation by taking their surveys. I don't give OTX the time of day anymore.