OTX Surverys

susiejean

In my opinion I think OTX is a major scam - Just google OTX + SCAM and you will see all the hits. I have compelling evidence OTX is not right - why ? It is not uncommon for some companies to conduct their surveys using different market research - Example - a product company might hire Greenfield online and Globaltestmarket for the SAME study. I have often received surveys that direct to OTX - and have NOT qualified, yet I get the SAME survey, SAME questions identical 100% with another survey firm, and qualify !

Every bloody time I get a survey redirecting to OTX for pre-qual, I never qualify.

I am with Opinion Outpost and they use OTX a lot - I get the same surveys with greenfield and qualify them all.........Doesn't that tell you a lot about OTX ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zeekers

• guerilla-gardener

• SurveyBang

• mrbucket

The least favorite survey out there infamous for being difficult to qualify for and disqualifying you when they get enough answers.

They need to take a hit to their pockets in order to get a reaction. As a start, just close and delete when OTX shows on your screen. Less surveys responses, less money they make.

Sorry to be contrary, but I have a slightly different view.

I mostly do OTX surveys if they're through something like Saynation, which still gives me 25 points even if I don't qualify, and it's true there are a lot that I don't qualify for. That being said, I have actually qualified for and completed 3 or 4 OTX surveys in the last month, so I'm not writing them off just yet. There's one particular one that's super fun to do and you can take 4 different versions of it.

• 4 months later...

All in all, if you continually do those cheap skate surveys. They will constantly rip people off. If you do their surveys for what little incentive you get for the time you spend on them, well you simply don't care about others who get ripped off. It would give me the greatest pleasure to see them run out of business. But for the ones who insist on doing them for pennies, regardless who they come from. They will be in business for years to come ripping you folks off just so you can come back here and spend more time complaining about them. Should you complain about them, also complain to the host site that sends them to you. This way they may look at OTX a different way other than $$$$ in their pockets and discontinue sending them. Sites such as Valued Opinion, Survey Spot, Opinion Outpost, I'm talking the good sites. Not Greenfield who is a joke in itself. I myself belong to V.O. Survey Spot and Opinion Outpost and have let them know my feelings on OTX and will not take OTX surveys through them. I somehow don't get them anymore through them.

"Would you like to try for another survey?" What a scam they are!

After sitting through 3-4 survey and not qualifying to make it through the one you do, is it worth your time. I somehow calculate that you must be making a whole 25 cents an hour. Woohoo, good for you, lol. After they keep your responses for the ones you didn't. They are scamming you people!!!!

Of all the complaints made against OTX here and on the internet forums as well, you still don't see the picture. Some people must be from Missouri and have to be shown first. And no I have nothing against people from Missouri, unless thats where OTX is but their not.

All in all, if you continually do those cheap skate surveys. They will constantly rip people off. If you do their surveys for what little incentive you get for the time you spend on them, well you simply don't care about others who get ripped off.

I completed another 2 dollar survey through OP tonight in about 10 minutes through OTX. To say that I dont care about others sounds more like you lashing out in anger rather than reasonable judgement. I dont hate or wish to hurt anyone else or their chance or right to complete surveys from whomever they like. With that being said, I havent had the problems you are angered about and will continue to take reasonable pay/timed surveys hosted through their site.

Well put Bang!

I guess it is just so hard for everyone else that has delt with this scum to believe that they would treat anyone well. As far as I know, you are the only one that likes OTX. You have to do whats best for you and I don't blame you for that.

heh its cool. I see a ton of people frustrated here about otx and its cool. I have a TON of problems with Toluna and there...we cant reward you for 3 weeks or our system is down and not accepting responses at this time. I have had 16 cases of this in the past with Toluna. If otx were giving me as much grief as it is for others, i would drop it too. As for now though im riding that bull until she bucks me.

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped doing surveys for OTX or any other site that directs me to an OTX survey last spring because I would answer a ton of questions only to be disqualified. I was tired of wasting my time and read that other people were having the same problems with them.

• 1 month later...

To be fair, yes, I've qualified for enuf to get about $30 in gift certificates (over 5 years).

Let's do the math:

4,500 points for a $5 gift certificate - thus 900 points =$1

Typical survey points: 450-950 points

Equals about 55 cents to $1.10 per survey (assuming you qualify)

Typical survey length (AFTER qualifying): 20-30 minutes

EQUALS - A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!

Nuff said. X out of OTX!!

BTW: In the past, I have done surveys directly with OTX and gotten the equivalent of $1. Then, I did the exact same survey routed through one of their "affiliates" and gotten THREE DOLLARS. Hmmmmmmmmm :?