MTurk

Nancy2

I just found a new site and it's great. It's associated with Amazon and is free to use and sign up. You pick any task you want to do such as taking surveys, answering questions, etc. at what price you want to make anywhere from 50 cents to 5.00 or higher. The funds go into your amazon payment account where you can have them transferred to your bank account if you choose.

So far it is alot of fun. When you are new you have to wait the standard 10 days to cash out but there is no limit you have to make in order to be able to cash out.

Check it out: http://www.mturk.com

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nancy2

• idylatoo

• Kafei-Nation

• Anh-Hoang

So I checked out the "HITS" and they are somewhere around .04 for 30 minutes, etc. How on earth do you make money doing this? Seems like a lot of time for a few pennies or is there more to it?

There is a box where you choose the amount of money you want to make. It is towards the top of the screen. The screen with the lowest money always shows as the default home page screen. There are options for making $1.00, $2.00, $3.00 and more per survey which is what most survey sites offer. So that is not too bad.

Please do not mistake this for a regular survey site. This is more like a data entry job and do not expect easy money.

I just browsed for a few minutes. To earn any good incentive like 1 dollar, you need to be a highly qualified applicant to apply for each job.

To be even able to attempt any one dollar test, you got to have to be an experienced one with over at least 1000 approved HITs. like 1000 approved surveys.

Till then, you got to attempt all those 2,3,4,5,6 cents HITs which does not need any qualifications. Trust me these 1 or 2 cent ones arent one click tests either.

You are not auto qualified but have to apply for it as a part time job for each request.

Qualifications Required for a 1$ survey:

Total approved HITs is not less than 1000

HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95

Location is US

In reply to sgontu, excuse me, but you are not stating the facts at all. It is not a data entry job, there are some assignments where you can choose to transcribe documents but that is not all that is listed. The majority are simple questions to answer and surveys that you can take which most of us here are familiar with.

I have been a member for a few days now and I have already earned quite a bit of money. You do NOT have to have 1000 Hits prior to earning anything, nor do you have to be highly qualified to do these tasks.

You need to read the site instructions like I did rather than to just browse for a few minutes. And no you do not have to start out at the low cost assignments before you can go to the higher ones.

Again I dont know where you are getting the 1,000 Hit qualification as I have done many surveys for several dollars each and I am new.

Some of the surveys ask for a simple pre-qualification question but not very many of them do and that is just to see if the people they are requesting for that particular survey are who they are looking for. Alot of the requesters who are the ones who are paying are colleges, research companies, hospitals, etc. who are doing research. It is up to the worker to read what the requester is looking for to see if they are a fit for that particular task and survey.

Next, time read before saying things that are not accurate.

You sound like somebody working for Mturk. I know you are not. You got offended as if i have blamed mturk for anything.

You could have used a softer note. What i pasted below was from the site.

You could have provided the same information correcting my inputs.

"Qualifications Required for a 1$ survey:

Total approved HITs is not less than 1000

HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95

Location is US"

Again 1,000 hits is not necessary to take any of the surveys or tasks or to make money and again I don't know where you are getting your information from. There are two sections on the site for beginners and regular people who are signed up to the site.

There is also a separate section for people who have been doing the surveys a long time and they get special surveys but that does not mean that the first group is canceled out from the majority of the surveys as the sections are devided into two different sections Regular Workers and Master Workers.

You do not have to have 1,000 hits to qualify to take a survey if you are a beginner or even if you are a Master worker for that matter. The information you listed above is not listed on the site.

I do not work for MTurk but again you are stating inaccurate facts. I am trying to help people out due to a very bad economy and as I have stated above I have already made money and I have only been taking surveys a few days.

Any help people can get in this economy is a good thing.

You need to go back and read the entire site. You are very confused about this site.

I'm in the middle of the two-way road here :)

I'll join this site tomorrow since it's from AMAZON! I heard a bunch of good bad reviews about this site when they allowed some horrible "requesters". Overall, just like other sites, keep your important personal information and it will be fine :D This is somehow different from survey, so I'm going to try at least once :mrgreen:

By the way, show me more how to get good deal if you have any idea, Nancy2 :)

Hi Anh, I have been a member for a few days and I am pleased with my earnings so far. You will feel even more comfortable after you read the Overview on the site and the FAQs section where it answers all the questions.

It is very straightforward. I started out doing the 50 cent surveys, then $1.00, $2.00, $3.00 and so forth. But you can start out with any amount you like. Just get comfortable with the site and finding the ones you like doing. What I love about this site is that the surveys don't kick you out. I have always been accepted for a survey after I requested to do it and they allow me to finish all the way through too.

Again, for beginners it will take 10 days to cash out but that is just a standard rule and after that time period it no longer applies. To me this site is very enjoyable and you do the tasks you want to do.

Yes, it is run really well by Amazon.

There are requirements (“qualifications”) on Mechanical Turk; you cannot simply create an account and get access to meaningful surveys.

Go onto the site and search for the word “surveys” and choose a money threshold. You will often find that you have to have already completed a certain number of other tasks. You will also find very few consumer surveys there; most of the surveys are research projects for university students.

Again, all of that is simply not true. Yes, you can create an account and start taking surveys. There are no restrictions. If you are not coming to this forum to say something constructive then don't. There are no prior qualifications necessary to take the surveys. Different researchers will ask different things on a few of the surveys but for the most part all of them are open for Everyone.

Please read the site information there before you make statements like that.

I have been with MTurk for a while. It is true that some of their hits (survey, data entry, etc) are worth very little. You have to weed through the jobs to find the higher paying ones. There are surveys but a majority of the jobs are internet research based. When you reach 1000 jobs (hits) you have more jobs open to you with more detailed work and higher pay. It's an interesting site and I do jobs on it when I have no surveys left. I'm Canadian and they only pay me in Amazon.com money, but if you are US based you can have the money deposited into your bank account. On the negative side there are bad job requesters yes. Overall I like the site as an extra.

Again, all of that is simply not true. Yes, you can create an account and start taking surveys. There are no restrictions. If you are not coming to this forum to say something constructive then don't. There are no prior qualifications necessary to take the surveys. Different researchers will ask different things on a few of the surveys but for the most part all of them are open for Everyone.

Friendly reminder for EVERYONE to watch their tone on this forum and to leave the moderating to me and the Administrator.

Amazon mTurk is NOT a survey site. Yes, you *can* do surveys there, but there ARE a lot of data entry and other jobs/tasks as well. I would NEVER say that the majority of the tasks there are surveys as that is simply not true.

Nancy2, as you have only been around the site for a few days, while your initial experience might be awesome it's simply difficult to properly and fully assess a site until you have more experience with it. If you'd searched around the forum, you would have found a few threads on mTurk in the proper section - Other Internet Money Making Ideas. My PERSONAL experience with mTurk is that it's okay, but a lot of work - time FINDING and DOING - for little payout. I think the only thing mTurk is really good for is networking for a 'real' online job.

If you had read, you probably would have found that what other members are telling you IS TRUE. NO ONE was saying that it's an awful site OR that you were lying. You likely haven't been on the site long enough to know basic stuff - like once you do 1000 tasks you DO see more tasks. There ARE requirements for everything - someone copy & pasted a tasks which clearly shows a list of requirements.

Even more friendly advice for everyone - READ what others are stating in their posts. IF someone has more experience with a site than you do, chances are what they are saying just might be true and is something you simply haven't had enough experience to discover for yourself yet.

I have had an active account on mTurk Since 2008, and you are making a fool of yourself. Despite what you say, it is not a new site. And different surveys have different qualifications. Not everyone can access every survey. Newcomers cannot access everything. There are even geographic restrictions for many of them.