Looks like Pinecone is about to be Flushed down the Toilet

TSP1973

Well Pinecone has been one of the best out there in Survey Land at $3 for each survey. Got a email this morning that read this :

Dear Panelist,

We are pleased to announce the launch of a new incentive plan to provide additional flexibility for your payment redemption. Soon you will start receiving points for each survey you complete. The points can be redeemed for cash or for items from our website. The value of the points will be equivalent to what you currently receive in cash.

With this change, you will have the option to redeem your points for merchandise after completion of one study or to save the points to redeem a larger item from the website. If you choose the cash-out option you are able to do the same. You can redeem your cash after one survey or you can accumulate points over a period of time and redeem them for a larger check at a later time.

We are happy to be able to add options to your rewards experience. You will receive an email confirmation in the near future to confirm when the transition is complete.

Thank you for your continued interest in our panel and we look forward to being able to include you in future surveys.

Every time Survey company's go from paying cash per survey to a point system, they end up screwing you over!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSP1973

• avemaria

• Whatatay1

• peach6

i'll have to see what it's about.. but i think it's just a way to ease up their cost on sending out a check after each survey.. or the charge they face for reloading your debit card with only $3 each time.. the less they have to do either, the less they have in charges.. I mean look at GTM.. they send out a check only after $50.. whereas by the time you have that amount with Pinecone, they've had to pay to ship out around 17 envelopes.. i hate to bash them yet because they're a good company.. but we'll see. But if they start insulting me by screening me out and then having a spin to win game.. then i'll change my view.

Did you know that Nielsen owns Pinecone?The company who has the scanners and gives you points when you scan your groceries? Well I use t o do that but the gifts got to be cheap and scanning got to be monotonous and a big pain in the butt.Not worth the pay -well I wish they paid cash.I bet they did a change over because it's costing them to much to use Paypal.Well anyways like you I don't see this being a winning situation for us but I'll wait to see what happens.This darned economy is effecting us and survey companies.I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

it dosen't bother me that much because it is not a big money maker for me.I only get 1 or 2 surveys a month.I am sure to pick merchandise as a reward you would need a lot to get something good.

I haven't gotten that email yet. So sad to see the $$ go. Once it becomes like the rest, it will be just another survey group, and up to scrutiny like they are. I hope they keep up their good work, they are the best for me. I earn more from them than probably anyone. UGH!

I never got that email either. Been with Pinecone for over 10 years now. I wonder it it was sent to only those getting paid by check? I get mine on the card.
I receive mine by check and I didn't receive the e-mail either,checked the website didn't say anything about changes......if they do make changes and still have the cash option you may have to have 10.00 or 20.00 before you can redeem.

it makes sense though because they pay their check service and paypal for each transaction.. many people know it's a company they can build up an amount with over time so they'll just wait to cash out until it's a more usable amount.. so rather than scam us by taking more money from our surveys, they're trying to save costs on their end..