Pinecone's New Cash Out System Sucks

Whatatay1

I was one of the people who got the email about the new points system. I wasn't too concerned because it said I could still cash out for cash after one survey.

I got an email that I had 300 points in my account so I went to cash out. That is when my journey to hell began.

First of all, there is no option on the rewards page for cash. I had to do a search for it. Once I found it, it took me through about 8 web pages of "processing" and "confirmations" before it was all done. It seemed you would answer some questions on one screen and when you submitted it, you got a rotating "processing" icon on the screen and had to wait. Then you had to eneter your complete name and address on another screen. Then there were more "processing" and confirmation screens. In the end it said they would send me my $3 in 7 to 10 days.

Then I get an email thanking me for my order followed by another telling me how to check my status?

Really? What a major hassle for a lousy $3.

How is this better than PayPal? How is this better than the $3 checks?

Something is very wrong with Pinecone. They did not do this to save money. Look at the rewards website. They are paying someone to administer the reward processing.

What they are trying to do is discourage you from cashing out or cashing out for prizes worth well below the monetary value of the points.

UPDATED: Corrected Points in second sentence. $3 = 300 points, not 3000.

I also did a product test for them in December. The product was worth about $60- $70 and something you would use daily.

When I took the follow up survey, it asked if I would be willing to return the product for compensation so the manufacturer could analyze it. It didn't say what the compensation was but I said I would return it so as to be a good panelist. I received the free postage paid return shipping box and a letter saying I would be compensated within two weeks and if I wasn't, to contact Pinecone.

Two weeks go by with no compensation so I contacted Pinecone at the email listed in the letter that came with the postage paid box to return the product. They replied without any idea what I am talking about. I replied with more details and they said they received my product and would be paying in the next few days.

Three more weeks go by and still no compensation for returning it. So after 5 weeks, I emailed them again and got a reply saying the payment is being processed. We'll see. Next time I will just keep the product. I'll probably only get $3 for returning it anyway.

I still haven't gotten the email with the change. I can't even begin to wonder what that is all about. I still get the Paypal payment and have never had to return a product to them. Ever.

So after all the hassle of cashing out 300 points, including having to fill out a web page with my name and address, 4 or 5 days later I get an email that they have deposited $3 in my Paypal account.

WTF? How is this better and cheaper than just putting $3 in my PayPal account like they used to do?

I think we all know this is just a transition to eliminating cash and making you spend your points on overpriced prizes.

I don't see a cash option ,when placed in the sarch box its giving me cash registers

You are right. People were figuring out how to get the cash so they changed it to hide the option. I did some searching and this is how I found it.

1. Log into Pinecone

2. Go to the bottom of the page and click on "Redeem My Points" which will take you to the rewards website.

3. Scroll to the very bottom of the Rewards web page and click on the very small "Site Index" link.

4. Find the colum labled "Featured Awards" which is the fourth column from the left.

5. At the bottom of the "Featured Awards" column is a link "Cash Option". Click on that and follow the instructions.

I suggest you do this as soon as you get 300 points before they go out of business or take away the cash out option.