Pinecone without a doubt - *Update - I have my doubts!*

jellyfish

My absolute favorite survey company is Pinecone. No one else pays as much or as quickly. Within a week of completing a survey, I receive my check without fail. I've been a member for a couple of years now and although the frequency of surveys has decreased, I'm still getting them along with $5 per survey.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jellyfish

• mariners

• KBLover

• kell-b

How are you getting $5 per survey they only pay $3 a survey?

I registered with them a long time ago, when they were still paying $5 per survey. They still pay me that much.

I saw where they were recruiting males and anyone with children ages 13-17. I made my husband sign up :lol: Since I've had no luck doing so and our children are considerably younger, I figured he'd have a better chance than I. Nothing as of yet.

I know they "say" you shouldn't try more than once; that all applications will be forfeited if you do so. However, my inital attempt to sign up with them never got me anywhere, so I took the chance to try to sign up again. Lo and behold the second time was a charm for me! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pinecone used to be great, but they have, for some unknown non-sense reason, decided to either get all new panel members at $3 a survey or to force all their old / loyal survey takers to accept $3 per survey vice the $5 we are used to. I have been a Pinecone person for YEARS. And this is the way they repay our time? Arent things supposed to be going UP with inflation, not down? Pinecone does pay, very fast and cash either by paypal or cash, which is great. Never missed a payment yet. However, the surveys have gotten MUCH longer, where I am clicking til my arm falls off. One I did last month, I was so tired and falling asleep, I had to get my husband to come in and read it to me and click for me becuase my hand was hurting. It took almost an HOUR. They have changed from an optional $5 / no sweepstakes to a mandatory (lets face it) $3 with sweepstakes entries. And the household questions, which you never get paid for. At least now you do get a sweepstakes entry.

I dont know if companies just started paying less for surveys because there are so many sites that help them to make them themselves, or if the owner, you know who you are, has gotten greedy and decided that its cheaper to pay everyone $3 instead of $5.

There are better sites out there now. Don't fall into the belief that because it is hard to join that it must be great. Or that because it is rated #1. If you look at current reviews and ratings, the gap is narrowing and they barely hold on to their lead, mostly due to the speed of payment, not the payment or the surveys.

And please, if someone wins one of their weekly SWEEPS that is supposed to make up for money, please come on here and post it so we can see someone actually gets it.

Pinecone used to be great, but they have, for some unknown non-sense reason, decided to either get all new panel members at $3 a survey or to force all their old / loyal survey takers to accept $3 per survey vice the $5 we are used to. I have been a pinecone person for YEARS. And this is the way they repay our time? Arent things supposed to be going UP with inflation, not down? Pinecone does pay, very fast and cash either by paypal or cash, which is great. Never missed a payment yet. However, the surveys have gotten MUCH longer, where I am clicking til my arm falls off. One I did last month, I was so tired and falling asleep, I had to get my husband to come in and read it to me and click for me becuase my hand was hurting. It took almost an HOUR. They have changed from an optional $5 / no sweepstakes to a mandatory (lets face it) $3 with sweepstakes entries. And the household questions, which you never get paid for. At least now you do get a sweepstakes entry.

I dont know if companies just started paying less for surveys because there are so many sites that help them to make them themselves, or if the owner, you know who you are, has gotten greedy and decided that its cheaper to pay everyone $3 instead of $5.

There are better sites out there now. Don't fall into the belief that because it is hard to join that it must be great. Or that because it is rated #1. If you look at current reviews and ratings, the gap is narrowing and they barely hold on to their lead, mostly due to the speed of payment, not the payment or the surveys.

And please, if someone wins one of their weekly SWEEPS that is supposed to make up for money, please come on here and post it so we can see someone actually gets it.

I am in total agreement with you. They certainly aren't what they used to be.

I sent them an email voicing my displeasure and all I got back was a letter from "Karen" saying that she would forward it to the proper department. I wrote back asking her to have THEM address my concerns since she didn't and I heard nothing back.

I am terribly disappointed in them. I expected much better.

• 3 weeks later...

Eh - if I compare Pinecone at $3 compared to all the jillions of SurveySpot surveys that don't pay (and the ones that do and I don't qualify for), the 15 or so percent success rate at qualifying for Opinion Outpost (the only other company that pays for every single survey that I'm a part of), and all the "points" ones, Pinecone still comes out on top for me.

And any company that pays - in days instead of some absurd number of weeks to write a check (Money transfer should be electronic these days) and doesn't disqualify you from surveys is worth it, imo.

As far as losing it's "lead" what difference do those rankings mean, anyway? People hate Lightspeed - I've had no qualms with them. Likewise for ClearVoice, Valued Opinons, etc.

HotSpex is supposed to be "3rd best" but they have crap incentives. So how are they "3rd best" when you don't get rewarded well for your time?

My Survey is "2nd best", but get 10-50 points towards 1000 ($10) 90% of the time? That's the "2nd best" survey company out there? 50 cents per?

• 1 month later...

I'd have to say globaltestmarket is the best right now, many email opportunities, and you still get 5 points (25cents) for surveys you don't even qualify for, it adds up.

mypoints is fun, I haven't gotten a lot of hotspex points yet, I probably need to log into their site and let them know I'm still alive, it's been awhile.

Pinecone is good if they are still sending you surveys, they recently stopped sending my wife surveys :(

• 3 weeks later...

I was directed to a banner for Pinecone last week so quickly filled in my details, yet surprise surprise I have not heard a thing. This is the second time I've tried. What do I have to do? I can't believe they actually have any members as all you read, mainly, is people wanting banners or being turned down.