• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jellyfish

• mariners

• KBLover

• kell-b

If it was spyware, it would need to be occupying my system resources, correct?

So far, I've seen no unusual activity on taskmanager, my router's firewall, no other programs asking to get through the internet, or any performance hits to my PC.

So, for now, I'm not going to really worry over it. It can't be much more invasive than the 1 billion cookies you pick up just normally surfing the web, otherwise, they'd REALLY be pushing it with all the spyware blockers, etc. out these days.

I hope this is true, because if Pinecone becomes non-viable, I might as well get out of the survey game because it's back to the worthless crap that it was when I first started.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but its a question in regards to Pinecone. I think I got accepted today, but my question is has anyone heard of a virus linked to a download? Any thoughts would be great.

• 1 year later...

I have been very pleased with Pinecone. I never get disqualified and my $3 goes right away to my PayPal account.

Done some interesting trials at home for them also.

I do agree that they have been sending fewer surveys. That's OK with me because at least I'm not wasting my time answering 20 questions at other sites and then get disqualified.

Pinecone is my second favorite. My Survey is my favorite. Never disqualified and always earn decent points that convert to cash and they pay fast.

I like them the checks take forever though in coming .I don't understand how Pay pal works or I might try that option .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How do you register for pinecone?

Its kind of tricky they have banners and stuff out once in awhile .I know it took me several times trying before I got accepted . You can't just register you have to see their ad banners or wait till those in it get an invite to invite others

How do you register for pinecone?

They're accepting new applicants now for a limited time, no referral needed. On their homepage there's a scrolling text, just click on that and sign up.

• 4 months later...

Pinecone Research – Pinecone is really great. You make $3.00 per survey and they send a check immediately. You will find yourself getting these $3.00 payments several times per month. And, when you get a survey opportunity you will never be disqualified. I’ve also done product testing for as much as $8.00 and kept the product. Great customer service. Cares about it's participants. They are owned by Nielson Ratings Corp., the famous media corp. company. Sometimes this is not an active sign up link but you can try by clicking http://www.pineconeresearch.com/ GOOD LUCK. YOU NEED THIS ONE!

• 4 months later...

Pinecone is getting a lot better. I get a few surveys every week. And yes, Karen Scott is a real person. If you e-mail her, she'll answer in a day or so herself.

You have to remember though that they DO mostly survey you on actual products, unlike the other sites which just want data to use. So, they have fewer surveys for that reason. They deal a lot with quality control too - Not giving you crap. ;) And it's based on what fits your profile. And they don't really give you 'test samples' they give you the full deal, which is why they're choosy.

I registered about a month ago & received an email from Scott that registration was closed and when an opening w/my demographics became available and if my registration was approved they'd notify me. I was on Annikas site last night and the banner said Pinecone's registration was now open. I shot off an email to Scott asking if I would have to resubmit my registration. Hope I can get in. You guys are sooo lucky!!

I'm not getting a few surveys each week. I'm getting a couple a month of I'm lucky. And I rarely get products to test. Yes, Pinecone is good. Yes, they are legit. I am glad to be a member. However, I used to get paid $5 per survey rather than $3. I miss that. I don't see them getting any better.

• 4 months later...