Pinecone without a doubt - *Update - I have my doubts!*

jellyfish

they have been moving about slowly, their office is near where I live, maybe I should see if they are still alive, lol.

At least they still pay regularly, you just don't get that many invites, they've become a run of the mill company that requires you to join through an add.

Probably having trouble.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jellyfish

• mariners

• KBLover

• kell-b

I haven't had any problems with Pinecone so far. Certainly nothing like 6 months without an invite.

They are still high on my list because they dispense with the "qualifying" crap. Really, why can't ALL companies send you invites for what you actually qualify for?

I'm interested in registering for Pinecone as well, but I am unable to locate any of their banners. I read on their site that they only accept registration through their banners or else by referral. Can anyone direct me to one of their banners or provide me w/ a referral so I may register? Thanks!

joined on 9/26..have yet to hear anything else from this company. all profiles complete but nothing assigned to me yet..although there is a ton of surveys they have out atm.

I'm interested in registering for pinecone as well, but I am unable to locate any of their banners. I read on their site that they only accept registration through their banners or else by referral. Can anyone direct me to one of their banners or provide me w/ a referral so I may register? Thanks!

You can check Volition. Com. I also saw one a day or so ago on USA Survey Panel.Com. If you want a site that updates the whereabouts of the Pine Cone Banners, you can try Annika's Site (amylynn.org/home - this is her newest page). Hope this helps! Good luck!

• 2 months later...

I like pcone... last survey I did(last month) was for the usual 3 dollars but it was different in that it was a two part survey and for finishing it not only did I receive another 3 dollars but also received 10 dollars for doing the whole survey! Hope that there are more like that definitely worth my time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been a Pinecone panelist for a little over a year. The first year, I received four surveys. They paid $3.00 each. Did not receive a survey for months. Just in the past three weeks, I have received two surveys. So in fifteen months, that averages out to a little over one dollar a month. And it does seem that the surveys, as well as the unpaid household questionaires are just getting longer and longer. Have mixed feeling about this one. It's ok, nothing to brag about, though

• 2 weeks later...

I still like Pinecone. I've noticed the increased length, but still relatively short compared to some others and still the auto-qualifying is a big plus still in my book.

I know that when a survey arrives that's paying - it's an auto $3 at least. $6 if there's a product test (not to mention the free product)

• 3 weeks later...

I was a member and all of a sudden I no longer get anything from them. I have no idea what happened or why they have discontinued sending me surveys but they have none the less.

• 3 weeks later...

Now Pinecone wants me to download this plug-in, they say so we can view their surveys and that it's required. Anyone else feel uncomfortable with this? Now that Nielsen has bought them out I am much more wary - is this going to be spyware that they will track my internet usage with? How can we check it out, I sure don't just want to rely on their word about it.

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

Jellyfish, I got the same thing from Pinecone, and for the same reasons as you gave, chose not to install the plug in. I have been asked by several different survey companies to install 'tracking' software from Neilsen, and never have. I just don't trust Neilsen. If this means that I will not be able to participate in Pinecone surveys anymore, that's ok. I never have made enough from Pinecone to make it worth my while anyway.