Surveys that come in the mail

rtsl35

How often do they send out these surveys in the mail? I just did my first one for $5 a few weeks ago. I liked it.....it was a long, 60 question survey....but I enjoyed it more than doing them on the computer.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ksedwar

• rosiesmom

• Njsurveyman

• bingham

I can't remember when I joined (either late 2012 or early 2013), but I've only gotten two surveys in the mail from Consumer Opinion Institute. Both came with $5 bills. The last survey was really long and tedious and I couldn't complete it in one day. Still, I kind of like getting paper surveys in the mail - it's a nice change of pace from the usual online work.

• 11 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I have received two of these in the past 2 months. I hadn't received one in about a year and a half prior to that. So I am good with getting them this way.

Same here, rosiesmom. I received two in April containing $5 a piece. Then in May, I received a 2-page survey but it didn't come with an incentive. I completed it anyway, figuring it might boost the amount of paper surveys I receive from them in the future.

Just a heads up to those curious about Consumer Opinion Institute: expect one survey every season. They arrive with a $5 bill and a postage-paid envelope to return the completed survey to them. They are usually 10+ pages in length and filled with lots of check boxes.

I used to belong to Consumer Opinion Institute many, many years ago but, at that time, I not only received surveys with $5 in the envelope, I also received surveys with $1 and $2 enclosed (again, this was a long, long time ago). I got busy with moving or switching to a new office or something, and I fell behind on doing the surveys they sent me -- so they (understandably) ended up removing me from their mailing list. Over the years I forgot all about them, and even forgot their name.

When I saw COI mentioned here on this site, it hit me that this was the company I used to belong to so I rejoined and got back on the list. Last year -- right around summer -- I received two surveys pretty close together with $5 enclosed in each one. The second one was incredibly long and tedious -- not only a lot of pages, but also tiny print in some spots, and many, many, many grids and boxes. Honestly, that survey was definitely worth more than $5.00. That was more of a $20 survey, but I did it over several days and sent it back.

I have not received another survey from COI since then, so I don't think they necessarily send out surveys every season to every member. I've received nothing from COI past those 2 surveys last summer. I used to get many more surveys from them in the old days.

I could not see how to sign up so I sent them an email. I like getting cash in the mail even if the survey is tedious. It's the sort of thing I can take with me and do while I am waiting somewhere! :P

• 11 months later...

Is anyone else still doing these surveys? I get one at least every two months. They are annoying to fill out but I like being paid cash. They usually come at the perfect time when I'm wishing I had a few bucks on me :D

I seem to get one every couple of months.I like the 5.00 that is usually enclosed but not sure if it's worth it because they are always long.

• 3 weeks later...

Beware of this company and don't get too used to their $5 surveys in the mail. They will eventually drop you it seems, after they feel they received enough input from you. After being with them for at least 3 solid years, I just realized that I didn't get my normal summer survey packet in the mail this time, so I decided to log into my account to try and contact them since they always send me a new survey every season. Well, when I tried to log in the first time, I got a message saying there is a problem with my account. (The problem must me on their end because I never did anything different). I try again and this time it said that they couldn't locate my account information. Therefore, I tried the "I forgot my password" link only to find out that they don't even have an account on record for me at this time under my email address. Finally, I try to re-sign up with them again, only to get a screen telling me they are no longer taking in new people. What kind of survey company sticks with the SAME people over and over again?? I find Consumer Institute to be very unprofessional to drop me for not reason, and not even tell me. A RED warning flag should be put next to this company on survey police. I will try to contact them (if I can even find an email address) to find out what the problem is. Perhaps they are going out of business??