GTM about to make some kind of change

avemaria

on their profile page they're asking us to guess what the coming 'new experience' is going to be.. i just hope they haven't caught the Toluna plague..

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avemaria

• footfree

• ksedwar

• SeriousSurveyer

I was wondering why I haven't been receiving very many surveys lately.It always seems when they do this it is not in our favor.Well crap they were one of my favorite companies.And considering they are owned by mysurvey it cant be good!

I was going to wait a little bit before cashing I had like 40 points over the 1000.But after reading your post I went ahead and cashed out.I would hate to get screwed out of my money.

I saw this on their router page. I hope it's not like the last times where they announced changes and weren't able to follow through with them. And hopefully it's a change that's helpful to the members.

...Maybe they've finally worked out adding PayPal and other cashout methods so we can get our earnings faster than in 4-6 weeks? That would be great.

With the luck I've been having with these companies lately, since I'm only 45 points away from cashing out, they will change the cash out amount. Happened with VO, and some others, so why not them too.

I haven't seen or heard of any of this with GTM..Is this for the survey takers in the USA? Since I'm in Canada I haven't gotten any word on these changes..

Earlier today I got a short and vague email about the changes:

Hi ______,

Your opinion counts... and so does your experience! GlobalTestMarket is excited to raise the bar and bring you a NEW & IMPROVED member experience coming soon.

Please keep your eyes peeled for further announcements at http://www.globaltestmarket.com

Cheers,

The GlobalTestMarket Team

I guess they will have to actually change things now since they keep mentioning it everywhere.

I haven't seen or heard of any of this with GTM..Is this for the survey takers in the USA? Since I'm in Canada I haven't gotten any word on these changes..

Oh well got my email from them this afternoon...looks to be changing here too..let's hope for the better with Paypal :roll:

I got mine too, I have like 70 points to cash out. I just want the money. Maybe I should guess that so they will remember to include it in their prize packages. :D

Q: What is the minimum amount of MarketPoints I need to redeem?

A: The minimum that you need to redeem is 1,000 MarketPoints. Choose all the rewards and quantity to meet the minimum... and enjoy!

So does this mean I have to redeem for a $50 Amazon or a $50 Paypal? What the heck is the advantage to this? really?

You still need 1000 points which can take forever...They should of made it 250 points($10) to redeem for Amazon certs

This isn't anything to get excited about unless you're ripping of tons of GTM surveys each week

they basically just redesigned their site and are calling it improved.. but nothing is different for us.. we have a survey list now but they still don't list the points.. I have 210 surveys on the list right now.. most likely they're all the sweeps ones i exited out of or ignored earlier.. no way i'm clicking into that many without knowing if it's an 80 pointer or 3sweep... the only good change that i can see is when contacting them, it's not a requirement to have the survey number now.. so i assume the email will get through without one, whereas before we had to use a survey number and if we didn't have one we had to enter a prior one we used, which often led to canned response in regard to that one.. and not our original question.

they're telling us on the page that they don't list points on surveys to make it more fair for everyone..

We want to provide the best survey research possible and give all our members the same survey opportunities. We have found that including survey point values may influence how our members answer certain surveys. Additionally, surveys with interesting topics or high point values are picked more frequently by members and therefore “close” sooner. Removing survey point values gives all our members the same opportunities while continuing to provide quality survey research. Also note that at the beginning of all surveys members are told approximately how long the survey will take and approximately how many points.

In looking at the new design - it is almost exactly the same as mysurvey now, which makes sense since Lightspeed owns GTM now. Not sure this is a good thing.