GTM about to make some kind of change

avemaria

GTM is owned by Global Market Insite, Inc. (GMI). http://www.gmi-mr.com

Lightspeed Research Ltd. http://www.lightspeedresearch.com

They may have the same web developer but I don't think they have the same ownership.

Lightspeed Online Research LLC

3 Mountain View Rd.

3rd Floor

Warren, NJ 07059

US

Global Market Insite, Inc.

2835 82nd Avenue SE

Mercer Island, WA 98040

US

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• avemaria

• footfree

• ksedwar

• SeriousSurveyer

I was going to say I didn't see a change because the site was the same when I went to check my points balance this morning. But I see they've made changes in the meantime. It looks good. More intuitive design. The new survey list is meaningless however, because it still doesn't show the points value for each survey. And looks like there is still no PayPal.

they're telling us on the page that they don't list points on surveys to make it more fair for everyone...

Lol, is that so?

Why would they worry about a survey closing? That is what's supposed to happen. The bad thing would be if very few people took the survey because they're paid to provide respondents. I'm almost certain a major reason, if not the only reason, behind them not including the points for surveys on the website is so people won't be able to tell the paying ones from the non-paying ones. They know very well that people skip the sweeps surveys; I have one on my list that's been there since February. That can't be good for business.

They also change point values sometimes so what was once a higher paying survey can become a lower paying one or a sweeps survey later on. That's how I mistakenly took a 40 minute sweeps survey once -- I clicked on it when it had points then went back to finish it, but they changed it to a sweeps survey and I didn't realize this because I re-entered from the dashboard. I could not believe my eyes when after that ridiculously boring and long survey the router read, "Congratulations, you have earned 3 sweepstakes entries..."

If they wanted to be fair to all members they would give all surveys a point value. Therefore no matter which survey a member takes, they'd be getting some points for it.

It looks like they have included a non-qualifying payment for some surveys.

Reward for Survey Completion: 5 - 50 MarketPoints

If you screen out? No worries. You'll still get 5 MarketPoints.

I have only seen it on this one survey so far.

EDIT: I looked at the new video on the GTM website and it says that "members are rewarded MarketPoints for each survey they complete." That's not true unless they have gotten rid of the sweeps entry surveys. I left a message on Facebook. I wonder what they will have for a reply?

In looking at the new design - it is almost exactly the same as MySurvey now, which makes sense since Lightspeed owns GTM now. Not sure this is a good thing.
They may have the same web developer but I don't think they have the same ownership.

You are right. I found this on the GMI website.

http://www.gmi-mr.com/company

Founded in 1999 with global headquarters in Bellevue, Washington, GMI has operations throughout America, Europe and Asia Pacific and serves some 4,000 customers in more than 70 countries. GMI is part of Lightspeed Research, the leading provider of technology-enabled solutions and online respondents for global market research.

But I think it's like other panels that have the same parent company. They operate independently as separate companies. I'm not sure though and I'm not going to waste any more time looking into it.

EDIT: I looked at the new video on the GTM website and it says that "members are rewarded MarketPoints for each survey they complete." That's not true unless they have gotten rid of the sweeps entry surveys. I left a message on Facebook. I wonder what they will have for a reply?

They deleted me question about this on Facebook.

See thats the problem with Facebook if the person who operates the page doesn't like your post they can delete it.So it's not like you can tell a lot of people about your unhappiness with them.It's no more then free advertisement to them and a way to make them look good to unsuspecting new comers.Plus if you put anything to distasteful or write on their wall to much they can file a complaint against you and ultimately have you barred.

Lol, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they had deleted it. But I see your question -- it's nested as a reply underneath their "explanation" for why they don't include points for surveys on the dashboard.

no it's still there below my scathing reply using my daughter's name :P you can't see your reply unless you select to see the replies below my post.

actually it's below their post that starts

We want to provide the best survey research possible and give all our members the same survey opportunities.

it's in their post where they first introduced the new site.. but yeah, your question went unanswered and now they're on to their next topic

I have cashed out twice in 3 months with them, and now it has dried up. All I am getting are the ones with the sweeps as rewards. I am waiting on the second check, I wasn't asked to change the way they pay me, so I didn't offer. Hopefully I get a check.

I've done two surveys since the redesign and neither have credited. Anyone else having this issue?

No problem here, I've done 3, 2-40 pointers and 1-80. Both credited immediately.

I haven't had any issues with crediting either. I'd email them and keep emailing them if my surveys didn't credit.