'E' and 'I' surveys

avemaria

has anyone else had these where they'll make you hit the E or I keys to select which word on which side you agree represents what they're talking about? first they'll put the product on the positive side, then they'll put it along with the negative words.. i don't get what they're trying to do here or how it's of any worth to them how fast I can select which side it goes on..

I've never seen anything like this but maybe they are trying to gauge your instinctive reaction to the product.

I've done this, it was kinda strange. I think they were trying to engage your reactions and how long it takes for you to press the keys when words are displayed.

has anyone else had these where they'll make you hit the E or I keys to select which word on which side you agree represents what they're talking about? first they'll put the product on the positive side, then they'll put it along with the negative words.. i don't get what they're trying to do here or how it's of any worth to them how fast I can select which side it goes on..

Yep, O did one like that the other day.......... :|

I did that one last week, I was surprised that it didn't last as long as they said it would. I think they were trying to measure if you have knee jerk reactions to certain people , but I didn't like the survey.

I have had that before I think they are testing my mental state and if it's at the end of day of doing surveys it's not good.

first they want you to guage the positive words on one side, negative on the other.. and they put the product image above the positive words.. but then they change it up and put the product along with the negatives.. it's just really odd.

I've seen a couple of these, but I'm sure they hated my results, because I don't often have "emotional" reactions to ads.

(Other than "oh my god, let me fast forward through this [Mod edit - No cursing]", assuming I'm watching something that the commercials weren't cut out of already. Thank God for comskip!)

I had a few of those. I don't mind them once I get used to pressing the buttons, but on one of them, the computer kept stuttering/pages kept freezing so I'd end up pressing the negative or positive button more than once to advance the page, but that would result in that response for the next page.

I also got the one where they put the product (makeup brand which I liked) but then flashed a negative word, and I'd be too quick and give it positive rating because I was reacting to the makeup instead of the word. Yes, it was odd.