Visa Gift Cards

zephyl57

Besides 'oneopinion' does anybody know of sites that issue physical Visa Gift cards through the mail.?

I'm pretty sure these sites have visa gift cards:

-MyView

-Valued Opinions

-Ipsos (pretty sure)

And I'm pretty sure they are sent thru the mail (not email) but I'd email them just to make sure.

The Valued Opinion Visa GC is a code, not a physical card. It has a number, CIC security code, expiration date and your name associated with it like a credit card, but you can only use it for online or phone orders.

If you're stuck on how to use the codes, I finally figured out a good, practical way to do it--go to the website of your favorite grocery store(s) and buy gift cards online with it. They usually come in various denominations--$10, $20, etc.--so you should be able to find a combination of denominations that will allow you to use your visa promo code value in full without losing anything.

Valued Opinions sends by email.. actually it goes into a Visa account that you'll have to log into with the password they give you by email.. that's not the bad part.. Valued Opinions charges $5 to redeem a Visa card now...

Exactly--25% of the value--completely unreasonable!

I really like the idea of using the Visa gift codes for grocery store cards! Good thinking.

You can also use the Visa gift codes on any site where you pay a phone bill or other utility bill, regardless of how little is on the card. Every site for bills of that nature (landline phone bills, mobile phone bills, cable, Internet, electric, etc.) has some sort of box for "Other" on the payment page. If you're going online to pay a mobile phone bill, for example, make sure you select the "Credit Card" option and just enter in the value of whatever is on the Visa code in the "Other Amount" box (or the equivalent of the Other Amount box). If you have $22.50 on the virtual Visa card, enter in $22.50 in that section. If the total of your phone bill was, for example, $50, you'd then go back to the Other Amount box and pay the balance of $27.50 with another card. It's easy and practical! Who doesn't have bills to pay every month?

I think the main mistake people make with the virtual visa gift card codes (and it is an easy mistake to make) is that they think the website in question will automatically deduct the value of the gift card from the total of the bill due -- and that won't work unless you manually enter in the value of the card in the Other Amount box.

In other words, you can't go onto a site like Macy's and then enter the Visa gift code as your form of payment during checkout in hopes that the Macy's system will know that your card has only XX dollars on it and will deduct that much. Macy's will try to deduct the whole amount due from the Visa gift code given and it will not work if the amount due exceeds what is on your gift card code. The only way it can work is to manually split the transaction yourself, using the Other box as I explained above.

As to the OP's question about actual, physical Visa cards -- other than One Opinion's payments, the only occasions on which I have gotten actual cards have been when I have participated in special projects (ongoing diaries or beverage studies) for mysurvey and they rewarded the participants with cards for $35 or $50. Maybe mysurvey offers the gift cards for other payments too (I'm not sure), but I usually go with PayPal for the regular cash outs.

Besides 'oneopinion' does anybody know of sites that issue physical Visa Gift cards through the mail.?

And I forget clearvoice surveys. However, it's a mastercard (and I'm only assuming it's a physical card).

With most of the companies starting to charge a fee for paypal and even Amazon gift code redemption, I am now taking the Walmart route.. This makes sense for me as we do most of our grocery shopping there. I redeem the codes then buy the plastic card through the walmart.com website therefore avoiding fees! With Valued Opinion I redeem the visa e code and buy a walmart card the same way.

• 3 weeks later...