Global Test Market Experiences

1cent2help

I had to post this while i'm still angry. I have completed numerous survey's with Global Test Market and I had to finally close my account just a moment ago. I have enjoyed some of the survey's I have done for them however I have found the majority to be extremely and outrageously long and not compensated for. They have screened me out more than any other company. I just did an extremely long survey on telephone conversations to products I use etc spanning many elements and they didn't have the decency to give me credit for it at all. It looked like they were intentionally trying to time me out during the survey and I was able to stay in until the end. I had it. I signed. up with them in late March or Early April and only had 240 points with them where I have cashed out with My Survey and have higher points with other companies that don't make me work as hard. Please don't waste your time. :x

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• footfree

• avemaria

• 1957horses

• SeriousSurveyer

The trick to GTM is only doing the surveys you get invited to by email and then only do the ones that say they pay points. Only do the free ones if you choose to. They do not announce the points on the website and have stated that they wont do it even if we complain.

Many of us here have ups and downs at GTM but I think the overall impression is positive. Yes I go on a screen out phase with them here and there but then they also offer a lot of surveys (to me anyway) and the point to cash conversion is pretty good. 5 cents for every point. 1000 points is $50.

Yup, been bumped out a few times and the pace has slowed the last couple years but over the last 6 years GTM has been a good money maker for me. Sorry to hear you punched out

I've been a member of Global Test Market for almost 2 years now and have no complaints!!!!!

The surveys come in pretty regular by e-mail and I love the $ 50. checks I get in the mail at 1000 points.

Customer Service is pretty good also. Hope everything stays this way!!!!!!! :D:D

GlobalTestMarket is an okay company, but I agree their surveys can be very long and many are hard to qualify for. It's hit or miss: sometimes you get a short and/or interesting survey, other times you get really long and boring surveys.

They do send several surveys a week though so at the end of the day your points build up and when you cashout you will receive your money, even if it takes a good while. I have had a few issues with not getting credited for surveys but those were taken care of after emailing.

So considering all this, to me they're as good or better than other companies, so I stick with them.

Just like everyone else here, this has been a great site over the past few months. It does take some time to get the 1000pts and also getting screened out for quite a few surveys is a pain, but at the same time they sometimes send a lot of surveys in a week.

I can't imagine not having this as one of my companies because of the $50 cheque (soon to be PayPal I believe).

I can understand your point but did you write to them?You do realize 240 points is around $12.00.Yeah I've gotten upset with their long surveys and not paying but it's so few and far between that I can give them a little slack.We all have different experiences with survey companies and we know are limits.Sorry to hear you have had such a bad time.

I dropped them earlier this month. I was getting so many e-mails from them, but never qualified for anything lately, really. I've probably made $200 from them in the last 10 months or so, but it was too hit/miss for my time and the cashouts were painfully slow.

$240 on what point scale? I don't know where these $50 checks are coming from? I didn't write to them because it wouldn't have changed their point system. $200 dollars is a lot in 10 months! The point system they seemed to have was at 1500 or 1000 you cash out at 15 bucks. Have you all been with them for a long time? I remember hearing that more often than not the companies that used to pay more don't pay as well because more people are doing surveys. I haven't made $1 in almost 3 months. That is to say I couldn't cash out until I reached 1000 or 1500 points. Can't remember? For the life of me I don't know what century it would have taken me to get 1000 points with them? I started several other companies at the same time. "My Survey" and "Ipsos,". With My Survey I got 1,100 points which equals $10. They give you $10 for 1000 and charge you 100 points I guess to send it through paypal. They have a similar point system but I was no where near 1000 points with Global. I'm not saying that they will miss me, i'm just saying that the last survey pushed me over the edge.

I'm glad the majority of your experiences are positive. I'm also glad that you've been able to cash out. I believe some of your experiences are more positive because the majority of you were with them when they gave more points and to a number of these companies, the longer you stay with a company often times you will be rewarded.

Also I only did the survey's they sent me. I don't think i've been to their site to do any, however, i'm sure that I did some for sweepstakes and not points. It is possible I could be wrong about their point scale but they seem similar to My Survey.

$240 on what point scale? I don't know where these $50 checks are coming from? I didn't write to them because it wouldn't have changed their point system. $200 dollars is a lot in 10 months! The point system they seemed to have was at 1500 or 1000 you cash out at 15 bucks. Have you all been with them for a long time? I remember hearing that more often than not the companies that used to pay more don't pay as well because more people are doing surveys. I haven't made $1 in almost 3 months. That is to say I couldn't cash out until I reached 1000 or 1500 points. Can't remember? For the life of me I don't know what century it would have taken me to get 1000 points with them? I started several other companies at the same time. "My Survey" and "Ipsos,". With My Survey I got 1,100 points which equals $10. They give you $10 for 1000 and charge you 100 points I guess to send it through paypal. They have a similar point system but I was no where near 1000 points with Global. I'm not saying that they will miss me, i'm just saying that the last survey pushed me over the edge.

I'm glad the majority of your experiences are positive. I'm also glad that you've been able to cash out. I believe some of your experiences are more positive because the majority of you were with them when they gave more points and to a number of these companies, the longer you stay with a company often times you will be rewarded.

Also I only did the survey's they sent me. I don't think i've been to their site to do any, however, i'm sure that I did some for sweepstakes and not points. It is possible I could be wrong about their point scale but they seem similar to My Survey.

1000 points is $50.00................ :D

$240 on what point scale? I don't know where these $50 checks are coming from? I didn't write to them because it wouldn't have changed their point system. $200 dollars is a lot in 10 months! The point system they seemed to have was at 1500 or 1000 you cash out at 15 bucks.

At GTM 1000 points = $50 check. I'm pretty sure it's the same for everyone, no matter when they joined, although they keep mentioning some future cashout changes that may affect the point values.

I wasn't. I was with them for a short period in 2010 but left and only rejoined recently. Still, I've been cashing out regularly. Not often, but fairly consistently. I just do a survey or two a day, sometimes less, sometimes more, depending on what is available. You just have to be patient -- you'll get to cashout eventually, even with all of the screenouts.

8) I understand how you feel, I was ready to quit GTM 2 years ago until I figured out how do the least number of surveys to get to 1000 points every 7 days. I have been able to make 200 bucks every month for almost 2 years just from this one survey site. I do get tossed out of a few but they send me so many with quite a few 80's and 100's thrown in that it isn't hard to reach that 1000 point threshold every 7 days.

8) I understand how you feel, I was ready to quit GTM 2 years ago until I figured out how do the least number of surveys to get to 1000 points every 7 days. I have been able to make 200 bucks every month for almost 2 years just from this one survey site. I do get tossed out of a few but they send me so many with quite a few 80's and 100's thrown in that it isn't hard to reach that 1000 point threshold every 7 days.

yea uh ha........... :?

200 a month?Really?Uh I have some doubts about that one.I have never heard anyone making that much with them but if you are Kudo's to you.I would think it's hard to qualify for that many surveys from any one survey company.