Demotivated!

phoenixlady2

I have just been introduced to surveys and have chosen two companies, ipoll and Opinion Outpost because I thought they might be the most reliable. I made $21 dollars on Ipoll and got 116 points on Opion outpost. I created a PayPal account and thought I would transfer what I had to see how it works and this is what happened...Ipoll told me I only had $6 available. some money was apparently pending but that was only $6. I am not sure where the balance has gone! Opinion Outpost immediately sent me a FLAGGED message and told me my money could not be transferred and my account is frozen for no reason whatsoever...it happened when I tried to transfer. Can anybody suggest or advise me? I need to make some extra cash desperately and this is extremely demotivating. I worked hard, sitting for hours doing surveys. I think it is a convenient way not to pay!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phoenixlady2

• ksedwar

• avemaria

• Huntress

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only been with Opinion Outpost for just over one month (going on 1-1/2 months), and while I have cashed out for quite a few PayPals in that time (because I, too, am in desperate need of cash) and it has been easy to rack up points to reach the cash out limit, I have encountered constant, endless problems with being "flagged for data concerns" for no reason, as well as not being able to cash out in any browser I use (and I have tried 3 of them) due to "runtime errors"), etc. It is truly a headache, which is only worthwhile because it IS so easy to accumulate points quickly and cash out for $10 at a time.

The OO customer service is only good for crediting points that may go missing and things like that -- they will reply if you call or write to them. However, they are not good at fixing any kind of technical issues in their system and instead they blame the customer, implying that the customer didn't do this or didn't do that and that's why the problem is happening. If you tell them you keep getting the "flagged for data concerns" message, they will tell you that you are probably giving inconsistent data. They refuse to fix their issues.

In any case, they WILL reply to you if you write them about your account being frozen, and they will tell you it is not frozen. Maybe even try to log in with a different browser and see if that helps. In any case, it will get ironed out -- but be forewarned that you will probably encounter a lot of little glitches with OO along the way.

I can't help with Ipoll -- I know nothing about them!

Ipoll takes awhile. Sometimes months but it does pay. Just hang in there. Some surveys on the phone apps you have to make sure they pay but eventually.

Did you finish the verifying process on your PayPal account? If not then that's probably why you were flagged at OO.

PayPal Frequently Asked Questions - The Verification Process

I have never done Ipoll either but it sounds like some of the surveys haven't closed yet. Not all panels release the payments until all of the data is collected. It can take 4, 6 or 8 weeks. It depends on the company that is hosting the survey, not the survey panel.

I have encountered constant, endless problems with being "flagged for data concerns" for no reason

I'm not saying you are but be sure to not speed through surveys. Even if you are 100% honest and accurate if you come in under the minimum time limits (whatever that may be) you can DQ. Too many and they may boot you from the panel.

Opinion Outpost sometimes freezes account if you have accounts with their other affilated companies (although they don't agree on this when asked). The companies to not have accounts with if you have an account with Opinion Outpost is: Survey spot, and opinion world. Thats my opinion, as when I had accounts with them, my Opinion Outpost accounts were frozen immediately.

I have done everything to the book and I did verify my Paypal account. I am new to this and although I feel like giving up it is no option for me because unfortunately I will be relying on making money online until my situation changes. Can anybody suggest another survey company I might have better luck with. I tried signing up with Pinecone research and got a message that they are not able to sign me up. Has anybody else tried other survey companies with better luck? I am willing to sit all day doing surveys if I have to!

I'm not saying you are but be sure to not speed through surveys. Even if you are 100% honest and accurate if you come in under the minimum time limits (whatever that may be) you can DQ. Too many and they may boot you from the panel.

DQ'ing is not my issue. I explained what my problems with OO are above. Many of them are technical issues upon actually cashing out.

You're "not saying" I am speeding through, and yet you are kind of saying I am (indirectly) by even making that statement -- as if I wouldn't know to not speed through surveys. If anyone has been paying attention to the detailed, specific, lengthy, descriptive posts that I have contributed to this board for over a month now, I don't think anyone would actually find me capable of "speeding through" anything! I take my time with everything, including surveys. Isn't it possible that Opinion Outpost could actually have numerous technical issues?

Also, I'm not new to surveys. I may be fairly new to this specific forum and to Opinion Outpost itself, but I have been doing surveys for a long, long time -- before I had a computer at home, before I had PayPal, before I lost my job, when the surveys were all on paper, etc. I've never, ever encountered as many technical issues with a survey panel as I have with Opinion Outpost -- not even when I was with Survey Spot. I don't know how to be any clearer.

I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence so... whoa!

Replying in a forum, I quoted you but others read this also so I was kinda speaking to the whole room and trying to give some advice. "flagged for data concerns" is another term for disqualified but also isn't specific to anything that may have happened. Moving too fast through the surveys, doing the same survey on one site that you already did on another, missing the "trap" questions and probably a few other things I'm not thinking of. I have been "flagged for data concerns" at OO two times and each time they told me it was nothing to worry about and give it 2 to 4 weeks to see if the credit hits. Once it did and once it didn't.

I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence so... whoa!

Replying in a forum, I quoted you but others read this also so I was kinda speaking to the whole room and trying to give some advice. "flagged for data concerns" is another term for disqualified but also isn't specific to anything that may have happened. Moving too fast through the surveys, doing the same survey on one site that you already did on another, missing the "trap" questions and probably a few other things I'm not thinking of. I have been "flagged for data concerns" at OO two times and each time they told me it was nothing to worry about and give it 2 to 4 weeks to see if the credit hits. Once it did and once it didn't.

Again...you began your sentence (after quoting ME) with "I'm not saying you are but..." That did not appear as though you were speaking to the whole room. That appeared to be directed at me. If you want to speak to the whole room, don't quote one person. I moderate another forum (larger than this one), and I see how things are perceived over there as well when people quote one person but claim to not be singling that person out.

And again, DQ'ing is not my main issue -- I have gotten the "flagged" message at the very beginning of a survey, before I ever answered one single question or did any survey for OO at all that day. I got "flagged" just for clicking on the button to take a survey. My issue is not even failure to receive points. I've gotten all the points I was supposed to get. The main issue for me is actually cashing out and having trouble on 3 separate browsers with doing that!

I know not to speed through surveys. I know about the trap questions. I am extremely detail-oriented, in case you can't tell! Lol. And I have never had any problems with any panel like I have with OO. This is why I am saying, the fault lies with OO.

I know we all like OO's fast cash, but isn't is possible that they have myriad technical issues?

Hi phoenixlady,

I'm not a member of Ipoll but they are owned by the same company and have the same set-up as OnlyCashSurveys where I used to be signed up so I wouldn't recommend them if you're looking for quick money. At OnlyCash it took a little over 2 months for 4 $1 surveys to move from "pending" to "earned" so I could cash out. Then I had to wait a little over a month for that cashout to be processed and sent to my email. All in all it took about 6 months to get a $25 Amazon gift code.

As for Opinion Outpost, I doubt your account has been frozen so soon. Sometimes I get error messages when trying to cashout at OO and I clear my cookies and cache and it goes through 75% of the time. The times it doesn't, I wait until the next day and then I'm able to cashout. The OO site has many technical issues and their support team isn't the most tech savvy (who knows why they won't just hire dedicated IT staff), so you'll run into these issues from time to time but eventually you should be able to redeem your points.

Are you only interested in Paypal? Swagbucks is a site where you can do some surveys, do a poll, use their toobar, etc. and the points kind of pile up after a while. I don't think there is a quick turnaround, but I use them to get like 4 points a day doing almost nothing. Paypal for $25 is like 2,500 Swagbucks. You can shop and get swaagbucks, and you can watch videos, you get Swagbucks. You might want to just look it over. Just a suggestion. :)

Thank you for your advice and I will do anything to earn money online. I have never been in this situation so all this is new to me. Has anybody tried Hits4pay and Memolink? I guess I am pannicking, going from site to site and trying everything! This has caused so much spam from other companies and my phone is ringing on the hour from companies who want to sell me thing... taking my call time

just stick around here and keep informed about which sites are good and which aren't.. the problem with signing up for too many sites is that often the sites just use routers to search for surveys for you.. so by doing the survey through a site like QuickRewards or Toluna, you're taking away the chance to get that survey through a company that will otherwise have paid you more to do it.

Are you only interested in Paypal? Swagbucks is a site where you can do some surveys, do a poll, use their toolbar, etc. and the points kind of pile up after a while. I don't think there is a quick turnaround, but I use them to get like 4 points a day doing almost nothing. Paypal for $25 is like 2,500 swagbucks. You can shop and get swagbucks, and you can watch videos, you get swagbucks. You might want to just look it over. Just a suggestion. :)

rosiesmom,

Do you know that you can cash out on Swagbucks 450 points for $5.00 amazon. Cashing out 2,500 you are loosing 250 points and those 250 points add up. You can cash out 2 x a day but only 5 x in one month. I just get a $5.00 every time I get to that 450 now. I too the first time waited till I had like 5,000 so I had to cash out 5x in one month and 5x the next but saved 500 points and got an extra $5.00 amazon doing it that way..................... :D

Superpoints was just like Swagbucks except for the button, but remember how one day superpoints just closed it's doors and all those people lost their points. I was lucky, I had cashed out 2 days before and planned not to do them any more. I was saved the anguish of loosing the points........ :wink:

@phoenixlady2 - I am a member of Memolink but so far have refused to do their surveys. They send way too many emails and that makes me nervous. They may be legit but I can take up my time at other panels.

I have been having decent luck at i-Say recently as well as Global Test Market. Usamp has a lot of panels so you want to be careful and not do too many of their surveys on different Usamp panels. The one I am using most right now is OnlyCashSurveys. I also do the email clicks from another Usamp panel called http://www.rewardyou.com (it's kind of annoying and I just want to cash out once then dump them but they send about 10 a day so it's 1cent per email for clicking the link). - I don't do the surveys though because like I said you really have to be careful and not cross up the same panels at different router sites.

Every one has different experiences with the same panels. It took me a while to narrow down my favorites and a little longer to narrow down my secondary "slow day" panels.