SO Irate with iPoll

Beckiet82

I just participated in a survey that included watching a 45 minute TERRIBLE new reality TV show...biggest waste of my time ever. Answer some questions after it, and what do you know...tells me I did not qualify!!

Officially dumping them. Wrote them a nasty email, too.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Huntress

• franksmom

• ssssurvey

• avemaria

It was for $4...yes it transferred me to a Nielsen one...now that I have read some other threads I should have known better. I thought once you got to the viewing part for the video you were in...lesson learned. Never heard back from them.

Surveyhead is the worst out of every site by far. They simply have absolutely no integrity. I am done with them too.I stuck with them for so long because you DO make a lot of money. However, the aggravation is simply not worth it. When I figured out how much time I spent getting opted out, getting DQd when I was 90% done, and not getting paid for invalidated surveys,I actually make significantly less on their surveys than other sites. Their day will come.

i'd be incredibly frustrated starting with them as a new person for sure.. but luckily i have some feel to which ones on the list i can get through and which ones to avoid..

I decided to stay with them until I hit the "new" PayPal threshold of $35.00 only to find out that it's been moved up to $50?? They also have officially changed their written policy to include a 3% fee for PayPal. I'm "OK" with the $50 limit- wish they'd actually let us know about changes though. I have another panel I use that uses $50 as their limit and aren't as easy to get money through, but the 3% fee feels insane.

I've also noticed a pattern that after a cash out request, the next survey or 2 which is pending will be marked as invalid. Odd.

I'm not sure if I should cash out with an Amazon gift card (I read that some codes are invalid with Amazon) or keep going to $50 and suck up the fee. Then what do I do- cancel? AHHH.

I used to love this site until about 16 months ago. Been with them since 2010, but I believe I'm done.

This is day 6 of not one survey on my Dashboard I have cleared cookies didn't do a thing.I emailed them on Friday but haven't received a reply back. Very frustrating I know I had that problem a few months ago and nothing I did to get surveys worked I think after a week or so it just fixed itself.I am hoping that s what will happen again because you don't get any help from them.

Maybe consider the Visa Promo Code--there is no fee for that (yet). Or something like a CVS GC which requires a lower cashout threshold and doesn't have a fee either. I've posted this before--you can use the Visa Code to buy a GC from your local supermarket usually since most have websites you can order them thru. Or a CVS GC would come in handy for drugstore items. Just a thought.

I think some of us did that diary thing for 7 days and we were supposed to get iPoll points. I haven't seen those as yet either. Although I did receive an email from iPoll stating that WHOOPS! they made a mistake and I should receive my compensation for completing it. I should have around $30 coming just from that. Wonder how many weeks I will wait to see the credit for that?

• 1 month later...
I decided to stay with them until I hit the "new" PayPal threshold of $35.00 only to find out that it's been moved up to $50?? They also have officially changed their written policy to include a 3% fee for PayPal. I'm "OK" with the $50 limit- wish they'd actually let us know about changes though. I have another panel I use that uses $50 as their limit and aren't as easy to get money through, but the 3% fee feels insane.

I've also noticed a pattern that after a cash out request, the next survey or 2 which is pending will be marked as invalid. Odd.

I'm not sure if I should cash out with an Amazon gift card (I read that some codes are invalid with Amazon) or keep going to $50 and suck up the fee. Then what do I do- cancel? AHHH.

I used to love this site until about 16 months ago. Been with them since 2010, but I believe I'm done.

hmmmm....I requested a $50 visa promo code recently and noticed my first 'invalid' survey in over 2 years (the only one I had marked 'invalid' up to today)

Oh. This is just the beginning. I have had too many to count marked as invalid. I do NOT speed and I take my time. However, what I learned is that if you do not like the product in the survey, you get it invalidated. I actually tested it and tracked which surveys had products that I slammed--and guess what...they got invalidated. They say it was invalidated because "your responses were not consistent with the remaining interviews" which basically means that because you didn't agree with everyone else who liked the product, the company deleted your response so they could send bogus survey results to their client. Which, of course, is illegal. I have emailed them 62, yes 62 times to get an explanation of what THEY think the "your responses were not...."...no one can answer me. They just never respond.

Well, I used to not mind iPoll. But just having a survey invalidated--and I seriously can't imagine why--I looked through my past surveys and noticed a few pending as long ago as MAY! Really?! How can it take that long to verify a survey. Also I see the $50 Visa Promo Code I requested is still in the 'requested' stage since the beginning of August instead of the 'confirmed' stage, meaning that I will still have to wait a week to get the reward emailed to me, but at least it's being processed. The last few rewards did not take this long. I'm hoping the longer pending statuses, etc. isn't an indication of a financially troubled company looking for a way to stall paying its creditors.

There was a huge issue a few months ago with Paypal. It took 7 weeks. I requested a Visa card at the end of July and do not have it yet. I hate them, but I make a lot of money, so I went back to doing surveys with them. It seems as if they do not shut your account down for invalids. In February, they started asking those dumb questions in the beginning of some surveys (how often do you cook ice in the oven) and if you fail THOSE then you get your account shut down. That is the only reason I went back. I did a survey a few months ago that was four questions. At the very most, it should have taken 30 seconds. They listed it at 7 minutes and when I did it in 3 minutes, they listed me as a speeder and didn't pay me. It redirected me but said I was opted out. I told the guy that my 5 year old niece who can't read could have done it in faster than 7 minutes, but they didn't care. How could 4 one sentence questions with 4 answer options possibly take 7 minutes? My guess is that they wanted free answers and DQd everyone as a speeder.

There was a huge issue a few months ago with Paypal. It took 7 weeks. I requested a Visa card at the end of July and do not have it yet. I hate them, but I make a lot of money, so I went back to doing surveys with them. It seems as if they do not shut your account down for invalids. In February, they started asking those dumb questions in the beginning of some surveys (how often do you cook ice in the oven) and if you fail THOSE then you get your account shut down. That is the only reason I went back. I did a survey a few months ago that was four questions. At the very most, it should have taken 30 seconds. They listed it at 7 minutes and when I did it in 3 minutes, they listed me as a speeder and didn't pay me. It redirected me but said I was opted out. I told the guy that my 5 year old niece who can't read could have done it in faster than 7 minutes, but they didn't care. How could 4 one sentence questions with 4 answer options possibly take 7 minutes? My guess is that they wanted free answers and DQd everyone as a speeder.
They closed my account a few months ago because they said I speeded through 4 surveys.I am not that fast on the computer but they would not reinstate me.